Players You Dislike

says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
TeamJOOLA
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
Definitely Chen Weixing he threw his bat at the end of his match with Bastian Steger I think! shocking!
I love it how some of the European players just look like theyr fooling around against him tho, I think Schlager does it best, he's played some epic as pisstake shots against Weixing he does a knd of windmill flick down the line, love it! haha

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Zhang Jike - Just doesn't seem like a nice bloke. I mean idk, i don't know him personally, but he does come off as a bit of a grumpy guy. Also celebrates excessively. I LOVE emotions, but Zhang just comes off as an antagonizing ass!.

Waldner - Arguably the best TT player ever, but comes off as really arrogant in any of the interviews i've seen or read abt.

On the note of Zhang Jike, I don't know if this cuts it as an excuse but he's had a pretty rough time in the National Team with his history and all. Kicked off the team, then re-selected, resulting in him being relatively distant from the rest of the team... victory is just that much more... emotional?... sweet?

Now about Waldner, THANK YOU FOR SAYING THAT. My god does he get on my nerve whenever I watch him play. Actually, it's FAT Waldner that really gets on my nerves, because he's simply not as good as he was.. but he still acts like he's some kind of god. I used to hear about people comparing him with Federer, and sure, they're both great at what they do. But it's much more impressive when you are that good AND as humble and nice as Federer. Waldner.. you annoy me, quit being so arrogant.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
A few more:

Tiago Apolonia- I hate people who win one thing, then get cocky, and then suck. Maybe he just sucked all along, and the entire victory was a fluke, but still... his performance post victory over Boll in the finals was just so ... disappointing. Not that I liked him or anything.. > .>

Wen Jia and Gao Ning- Freaking cheaters who deny edge clips. Good thing both of them (Gao Ning in doubles) ended up losing the said match.

Jaoa Monteiro- Okay, I don't really dislike him, just... he seems like one of those guys you should dislike. His "Cho's" are too ... too something... like he's barking too loud. He just seems annoying, but I actually kind of like him for it, since he usually IS the underdog, and underdogs are funny.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 1 reviews
Definitely Chen Weixing he threw his bat at the end of his match with Bastian Steger I think! shocking!
I love it how some of the European players just look like theyr fooling around against him tho, I think Schlager does it best, he's played some epic as pisstake shots against Weixing he does a knd of windmill flick down the line, love it! haha

Chen Weixing is easily pissed off.
Heard that he is an ex-soldier.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
Dont know how people can say they dislike other people because they "look" arrogant or something. Hes f****** born with that face, he cant help it and hes not going to smile during a game just to make him popular.

Disliking people because they seem arrogant...omg!

Like someone else said before, if you would be in their position of winning a match or getting kicked out of the national team, im sure anyone would do as much as they can to win, even if its stealing a point, thats just topsport.

I can only dislike people when they think they are the best and actually arent, like jyechen said tiago apolonia or when people throw their blades on the table or even to other players.

On topic: I dislike samsonov in the spanish open because against oh sang eun, he was always looking at the table like the ball was bouncing wrong or something. Every point he lost he looked at the table or he did something to show that there was something wrong with the ball or the table. Just clean the f****** table then and play your game. When oh sang eun was playing on that side he didnt have any trouble so its not the table.

TeamJOOLA
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
i dont blame him for throwing his racket.it was an very "intesive" set,he had many match balls.lol i would have thrown my racket at schlager :D

haha still it's the semi of the euro champs thats pretty poor self control

TeamJOOLA
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
But give the guy a break, he's years past his prime. He's pretty old! I doubt he was ALWAYS this lazy. In fact, look at RSM now, GOD is he lazy. =__= It's awful to watch.

It's tragic aye, Ryu Seung Min just slipped after winning Athens...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
BTW that video doesn't work on here had to watch on youtube. Well worth it though, he had such amazing form back then!

Yeah, I noticed after I posted, but nothing I could do since the video wasn't mine. I love that video though, use it as inspiration to do proper footwork.

Also noticed Lee Jung Woo was being pretty lazy himself in his recent match against Oh Sang Eun at the Spanish Open.