Chinese Men's WTTC Trials 2011

Who would you like to see represent China in the WTTC 2011?

• Wang Hao

Votes: 16 14.2%
  • Ma Long

Votes: 39 34.5%
  • Zhang Jike

Votes: 18 15.9%
  • Ma Lin

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • Xu Xin

Votes: 18 15.9%
  • Wang Liqin

Votes: 9 8.0%
  • Chen Qi

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Hao Shaui

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
magst du Bayern München oder für was steht fcb?
Japs, leider wird mir der Verein im Moment immer unsympathischer..
Da ich 5 Minuten von Dortmund weg wohne, gehe ich immer zum BVB ins Stadion und der Verein ist mir auch mittlerweile ans Herz gewachsen..aber einmal Fan, immer Fan ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Yeah this is such a hard decision, which makes it all the worse that Hao Shuai got a spot. Seriously, I don't know if he got a spot in 2007, but in 2005 he had his chance, and lost to Maze, allowing him to comeback after a early lead, and just bombing those lobs. Hao Shuai has also shown no ability thus far in international play to beat Boll, the main potential player to beat the Chinese.

Wang Liqin, is getting old, but more than anything I think he is just losing the motivation to continue practicing and training at the top level, so his skills have fallen. I still think he is good enough to beat just about all the non-Chinese players, even Boll. And even though he is like my favorite player all-time, I don't think he would be able to beat all his fellow Chinese players to win a 4th World Championship, which is too bad.

Ma Lin, I think is suffering with some of the same stuff WLQ is. But his desire to get a grand slam, might create the necessary motivation to be at top level for the WTTC. I think the coaches owe it to him, and frankly he always beats non-Chinese players anyway, except Boll at times. It would be great if he could get his slam.

Wang Hao, I don't really like for some reason, for personality reasons, not for his playing. He crushes just about all non-Chinese players, so I don't really see him not being chosen for the team.

Xu Xin, has already proven himself pretty well.

Ma Long and ZJK in my opinion don't have as solid of a footing in terms of an argument for playing in the WTTC. Ma Long only because he is still not 100 percent, and because he just doesn't have as good of a record against Boll as Xu Xin, and Wang Hao, that having been said, in the few tournaments he has played this year, he still has been able to beat all the non-Chinese players, and pretty easily at that. ZJK while destroyed Boll in their last match, lost to him in the one before that, and also lost to some random no name in one tournament this year, so he still doesn't conger the image of invincibility that the other Chinese do as well.

Chen Qi, I like, and is in good form, but just doesn't have the track record. I think he has a 50% chance of beating Boll, which isn't really enough to warrant a pick.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
As long as Wang Hao and Xu Xin don't get knocked out early there won't be a problem for China.
But if those two don't reach the SF, the chances for Boll increase dramatically.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
As long as Wang Hao and Xu Xin don't get knocked out early there won't be a problem for China.
But if those two don't reach the SF, the chances for Boll increase dramatically.

dramatically ? :D you are right, Bolls chances are better ;) but i would say if a ma long waits at the semis and a zhang at the final or the other way round bolls chance is under 25%

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Hmmmmm, can anyone explain exactly how they are going about picking the Chinese players?

In the videos, I keep hearing them talk about their rank, but they must be talking about the players ranks within China, which differ severely from the ITTF rankings (and are... probably worth more).

Thanks to anyone who knows. :p

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
Tough standards Scylla! The idea behind the Chinese choices isn't about picking 1 guy who can beat boll. It's about picking 4 guys who can not only beat Boll, but have a great chance of reaching the semifinals. I don't think any Chinese player is a lock to beat boll. However, beating a Chinese in the semifinals, and again in the finals after winning a tough match in the quarters against someone like mizutani, Ryu, or Joo seems like a really tall mountain to climb for Boll. However, boll may not have to play a Chinese now until the finals, because Hao Shuai may not make it to the semifinals, and that is what makes Bolls' chances so much better. The Chinese don't have any 1 player who is completely unbeatable for boll, but they have about 7 guys who have legitimate chances or are even favored against Boll, and that is what gives the Chinese the biggest advantage for the worlds.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
I would like to see two Shakehand and two penholders. Chen Qi, Zhang Jike, Wang Hao and Xu Xin. I don't think Chen Qi will make it but I hope so since he has the most awesome and fluid style :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
So the 4 players who'll definitely be representing China are Zhang Jike, Wang Hao, Hao Shuai and Ma Long.
Further the coaches will also nominate 3 of these players: Zhang Chao, Chen Qi, Ma Lin, Xu Xin, Wang Liqin.

Here you go :p