Ma Lin boosting rubber 2011?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
boosting is forbidden cos if you would have a faster 25$ tuned rubber then wouldnt be a need to buy tenergy and the health concern is bogus since limonene glue is as harmless that is used in cooking

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
The bottle with the brush inside is a Chinese product. My club gets a similar bottle with a pink top, we go through a few bottles a month as coach is always putting on someone's rubber. It is not from haifu, but dawei or some other company. The glue in that bottle is simply glue. it applies kinda thin. There is no way you can tune a rubber and attach it with that glue. it is simply a thin glue without many VOCs, but isn't water based. There is no distinguishing odor. I don't use that glue much, unless i don't have any glue in my bag. That glue, you just brush on a layer medium and rub it in with the wide brush. The job is quick. The brush does all the work. it takes several minutes to dry though. seems to hold up OK, everyone doesn't have to reglue every week. Some club members use this glue on Yasaka Extend HS and it holds 6 months if they do not catch an edge of table. Maybe Dawei gets the bottle from the same factory and fills it with their own lame glue.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
As for Timo tuning... Who knows? He is public about not tuning himself and being happy BTY provides him serviceable Tenergys that please Timo. I believe Timo when he says he isn't tuning, but what do I know? I strongly suspect BTY is making a super good tuned version of Tenergy just for him and other pro players. But then again, why do i know? It is only the suspicions of an AMATURE player. unles the players have a poor relationship with BTY or whoever supplies them, there is prolly little need to add additional tuning as it is possible to have a top-rate performing rubber right from the supplier.

In an interview or Q&A session at OOAK forum (Long Pimples OZ forum), ITTF President was grilled over teh details of the glue ban. ITTF president responded to questions on how to apply the rule against tuning. Adam pretty much said that tuning the rubber AFTER it is produced is illegal. He was very coy and avoided discussing what a "Factory" can do. We all know that the "Factory" must use VOCs in producing the rubber in the first place. We all know, or should know, that the bonding used to attach the topsheet to the sponge has VOCs. ADAM recommends that users "AIR OUT" their new rubbers a few days to increase the chances of passing the ENEZ test. Nowadays with the lower settings for VOCs, this is even moar critical.

It doesn't take much to set off the new testing. Even if a player had an ITTF referee or umpire himself obtain a new Tenergy new in sealed package, had teh ITTF official glue it with water based glue ITTF procured, have teh umpire cut the rubber and isue it to the player, that bat would likely fail the VOC testing. Why? Still too many VOCs coming out of the rubber from the topsheet and topsheet/sponge bond.

Is that situation fair and "Clean" and obeying the spirit and letter of the rules? Well, having ITTF procure and assemble the bat would defineately fit the bill of obeying rules as an ITTF official is there to ensure compliance is is doing the job him/herself. As for having ITTF do the work and still fail the bat upon testing... My crappy opinion is NOT FAIR. I believe many who fail the testing are using a rubber that is too new. Sometimes, it is not possible to glue up a tourney bat days ahead and air it out. The player may have run out of new rubbers. Other stuff could have happened. Who knows?

ITTF could solve this problem by banning speed glues with VOC for health reasons, like they rightfully have, but allow zero VOC stuff.

Why will that NOT happen anytime soon? Manufacturers make too much money being authorized and sanctioned by ITTF to sell a tuned rubber at uber-inflated prices. ITTF created that market and someone or some bodys are likely making much $$$ from this. There would be much less market for $60+ tuned rubbers if one can buy a $30 USD rubber and tune it to death. Many would buy a $7 USD Chinese rubber and tune it to be a beast. Dawei Inspirit was like that, but only slightly pricier. It appears ITTF has good motivation to maintain the situation for a time moar. Who knows, maybe the ITTF president and the clowns (national association reps) making/approving all these un-enforcable rules at the convention will choke on Sweet & Sour Pork and render themselves unable to serve in office. Phat chance of that, eh? Maybe one of them will write an ALL-TELLING expose book one of these days.

This user has no status.
Hey guys these are two videos that I found in another forum:

[video]http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/Y4tTPpF4JeA/?fr=rec1[/video]

[video]http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/PuzhJZhCnyE/?fr=rec1[/video]

This is from http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=41929&PN=5&title=dian-chi-booster

and another interesting part is Aldrichboy(user from that forum) stated: ¨The funny thing is that I met this lady player Li wenxi in this video demo (not showing by face but voice) in Beijing more than 2 years ago (11 years old in 2009). She was just selected by Beijing's Team at second tier team and now she is in the first tier team that was used to be Zhang Yining and Ding Ning's team. Apparently, the Chinese professional players are all using Dian Chi booster to treat their rubbers, at least in Beijing's team as far as we can tell from this video.¨

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2012
it doesn't matter almost all top players boost, but i'm very sure timo doesn't, all chinese boost they can't without but on this pictures i don't see any boost ?? maybe something for better stick to the blade i don't know
chinese boost because they rubbers are tack and most tacky rubbers dont have that "kick" that euro rubbers have