Who do you think will win the European Championships 2013 Singles Event?

• Dimitrij Ovtcharov

Votes: 56 61.5%
  • Vladimir Samsonov

Votes: 12 13.2%
  • Patrick Baum

Votes: 8 8.8%
  • Marcos Freitas

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Adrian Crisan

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Bastian Steger

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Robert Gardos

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Andrej Gacina

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Tiago Apolonia

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Other (Post Below)

Votes: 4 4.4%

• Total voters
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
Liebherr 2013 European Championships, Oct 4th - Oct 14th, WSA, Schwechat, Austria

Wow, the Team event of the European Championships has now come to a close with Germany dominating throughout in the men's and women's event. Will Germany follow suit and go onto winning the singles title also? The city of Schwechat is now into day 4 of the prestigious European Championships and the singles and doubles event have begun!

Without defending champion Timo Boll, who will take this years title? Will Boll's team mate Dimitirj Ovtchaorv become the champion or could another contender snatch the title?

Player entries: 456

Complete live schedule here.

The 2013 European Table Tennis Championships singles event will be live here powered by Laola1 TV.

Men's Singles Seeds

dimaeurochampion2013.jpg

Germany's Dimitrij Ovtcharov enters the European Championships as the #1 seed - Photo by: ITTF

01) Dimitrij Ovtcharov
02) Vladimir Samsonov
03) Patrick Baum
04) Marcos Freitas
05) Adrian Crisan
06) Bastian Steger
07) Robert Gardos
08) Andrej Gacina
09) Tiago Apolonia
10) Tan Ruiwu
11) Alexey Smirnov
12) Adrien Mattenet
13) Chen Weixing
14) Patrick Franziska
15) Bojan Tokic
16) Karill Skachkov

Full player entries here.

Women's Singles Seeds

sheneuros.jpg

Spain's Shen Yanfei enters the European Championships as the #1 seed - Photo by: Pablo Rubio

01) Shen Yanfei
02) Viktoria Pavlovich
03) Li Jiao
04) Elizabeta Samara
05) Liu Jia
06) Iveta Vacenovska
07) Ying Han
08) Kristin Silbereisen
09) Hu Melek
10) Xiaona Shan
11) Jiaduo Wu
12) Matilda Ekholm
13) Daniela Dodean
14) Margaryta Pesotska
15) Georgina Pota
16) Amelie Solja

Full player entries here.

Stay tuned for the Men's Singles, Women's Singles, Men's Doubles and Women's Doubles at the European Championships!

The 2013 European Table Tennis Championships singles event will be live here powered by Laola1 TV.

What a line up! We will certainly see some great battles! We can use this thread as a means to display all the latest results, videos and news from the spectacular European Championships! What are your predictions from each event.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Haha yes what a player! Not even in the top 16 seeds. I think he will cause some damage in the singles :)

Yeah, hopefully he can carry momentum into the singles matches and we will see some more epic fights! :D

If he plays like against Baum and Dima, he really has a chance. How many players have the power of Ovtcharov to hit through Gionis defense? I can only think of Kreanga in Europe, maybe Mattenet. One thing is sure: Gionis' matches are a guarantee for epic rallies :D

says http://cinemagr.am/embed/148758536
says http://cinemagr.am/embed/148758536
Feb 2013
ovtcharov or samsonov from the top seeds but I am thinking about ruwen filus and patrick franziska they can make some big surprises.

Beliave me that Tan Ruiwu can really make some surprizes too, last year he reached finals, after beating ovtcharov, mattenet, and steger.
He is very good in last years because he was sparing to CNT, I expect much from him.

says Do you guys have streaks where you are just not playing...
Jun 2011
Read 6 reviews
Not impressed. Not enough power output for power input, due to bad mechanics. Strokes waaaay too long, no way he will be using them in a game against any players in the top 100 even. Which is why he has resorted to blocking these days. I used to be a fan of Kreanga - but his style of play, and his time, is well in the past.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
That's true, he's not strong enough just look at his thin arms, let alone his age. He was my favourite player some 10 years ago. All Kreanga can do right now is catch the right moment to hit the ball and attack where the opponent is least expecting.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
He can spin the ball alright, as long as the ball is easy to hit. The problem is that when a large amount of power is required to punch through the opponent's very fast and spinny shots, his looping fails. If you watch here you can see what I mean, how these days he can get easily overpowered.

His BH technique makes the ball fly fast but stretching his arm so far away from the body he loses a lot of energy that's why he misses a lot of balls outside the table.

Last edited:
Jun 2011
Read 6 reviews
He has some serious technical flaws too, which were not so apparent in the era of speed glueing and the smaller ball. Nowadays, the fact that he does not rotate his body and has weak legs shows. His shots are all shoulder and arm - which is why he always appears to be trying to hard and on the back foot.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2013
Watch this match:

Never seen a match like this in the Chinese Super League. that's even boring to watch compared to this.
Immense power against Samsonov who beat Chuang Chih Yuan and Xu X that year in one tournament. In his forties and still competing with the best of Europa.

Reactions: maze71