• Marcos Freitas

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Other (Post Below)

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
Damn this is such sad news... How did they choose the player to represent Zhang anyway?

I guess Boll will win this.
Because Yan An was runner up in 2013 Asian Cup.
Zhang Jike beats Xu Xin yesterday in Super League and won his first match 3:0. He doesn't seems injured. Anyway, he lost a big opportunity :(

says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
My new theory:
Yan An was so sad because of losing the final of Asian Games 4:3 when he was leading 3:1. So his couch decides to give him a chance. Yan An's couch is Zhang Jike's couch too. So he ( Yan An and Zhang Jike's couch ) decides to withdraws Zhang Jike and send Yan An instead of Zhang Jike.
Maybe my theory is not very logical but i think it is true.

says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
My new theory:
Yan An was so sad because of losing the final of Asian Games 4:3 when he was leading 3:1. So his couch decides to give him a chance. Yan An's couch is Zhang Jike's couch too. So he ( Yan An and Zhang Jike's couch ) decides to withdraws Zhang Jike and send Yan An instead of Zhang Jike.
Maybe my theory is not very logical but i think it is true.

I don't think he is punished because of his performance in China National Games because he was REALLY injured.
I sill can't understand why he withdraws from World Cup BEFORE playing in the 17 round of super league. He was clearly not injured in his matches there.

But it's still not the answer of this question: Why he withdraws form World Cup BEFORE playing in super league against Shang Kun and Xu Xin.
We will see how he will play in the last round of Super League or if he even plays.

I was completely wrong. Zhang Jike actually withdraws from World Cup after 17th round of Super League. So sorry for giving TTD's members wrong information. So maybe he is really injured.

Reactions: speandescalay

NJ7

This user has no status.

NJ7

This user has no status.
May 2012
Because the Japanese players that was sent to the qualification tournament didn't make the cutoff.
Now why the top Japanese players was not sent..... is a good question

yeah..Jun Mizutani would do some incredible upsets there.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2013
I was completely wrong. Zhang Jike actually withdraws from World Cup after 17th round of Super League. So sorry for giving TTD's members wrong information. So maybe he is really injured.

You were not wrong. The timing of ZJK's withdrawal from the World Cup and the match between Shandong and Shanghai has nothing to do with the announcement. The decision was made before the match. According to Liu Guoliang's most recent Weibo post of yesterday in response to people's questions about the news, ZJK withdrew from the World Cup not because of the injury but because he was told to give the chance to other younger players.

The gist of LGL's post is as follows:

He discussed with ZJK a few days ago about the upcoming World Cup and decided that ZJK is not fit to participate and win because

1) ZJK's lack of training recently
2) ZJK's lack of motivation to play in a major event like the World Cup

It said nothing about the injury.

LGL said ZJK will have his shot in 2014 and 2015 World Cup, and should gear himself up for 2016 Rio Olympics, thus completing the second round of Grand Slam.

However, one question remains:

Suppose ZJK for whatever reason failed to clinch 2014 World Cup title, how is he going to qualify for 2015 World Cup if the qualification criteria will still be the same as this year's. Is he expected to win 2015 WTTC? If not, he would have to win 2015 Asian Cup. Either way, it would become extremely difficult for him to even get into 2015 World Cup needless to say to win it if he could not win 2014 World Cup.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2011
I really don't understand why Ovtcharov is Wild Card. I think Shiono Masato would be so better Wild Card. What do you think, guys? ;)

says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
Also can we make it clear here since people keep asking that there are qualification criteria for World Cup. Zhang Jike was in as reigning world champion and Xu Xin as Asian Cup winner. Ma Long doesn't qualify under these criteria and hence receives no invitation to the World Cup.

I'm picking Xu Xin to win, he just beat Ma Long on Ma Long's birthday. Ruthless, he's ready for gold ;)

says http://cinemagr.am/embed/148758536
says http://cinemagr.am/embed/148758536
Feb 2013
Will Xu Xin meet timo before the final? Cos last year #1 & 2 played each other in semis.

So what are the possible SF matches if everything goes according to seeding?

If they are first in their groups, first 2 seeds can't meet in semifinal as I know.
First seed goes to top, second goes to bottom. 3-4 are in the middle, one goes up and one goes down, they will make draw

This user has no status.
Will Xu Xin meet timo before the final? Cos last year #1 & 2 played each other in semis.

So what are the possible SF matches if everything goes according to seeding?

Ma Long played Xu Xin in the semi-final last year only because Ma Long lost (4-0) to Chuang Chih-Yuan in the group stage, and so finsihed second in the group. That put him in the same half of the draw as Xu Xin, who topped his group.

(Of course Ma Long went on to destroy all in his path and won the trophy. Shame he can't defend it this year).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Review Moderator
Jul 2011
Read 7 reviews
How do they divide the groups?

Seeded players will be drawn randomly.

First phase:

Group A
Freitas
(Seed 13-16)
Saive