Multiball Training

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2012
Here's a recent multiball vid from my session. This is a semi-anticipation drill. I know the incoming spin but I don't know the placement of the ball. I have to read and react. I guess it is a lot slower than other people's drills. The focus here was on moving to the ball properly and hitting consistently. "All the shots should fall." That's sort of our multiball motto. :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Here's a recent multiball vid from my session. This is a semi-anticipation drill. I know the incoming spin but I don't know the placement of the ball. I have to read and react. I guess it is a lot slower than other people's drills. The focus here was on moving to the ball properly and hitting consistently. "All the shots should fall." That's sort of our multiball motto. :)

Nice stuff!!

the "slower drill" isn't a probem. The feeder can continue to feed at this pace, and once you are happy with your consistency and your movement is better, you can start adding power and more spin. With that, it will force you to recover quicker and move faster - thus putting more pressure on your body.
A lot of people make mistake by feeding too fast, imo first quality then quantity.

Reactions: yurybarquero
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews

Very good there strangeloop ! One thing I noticed is that your BH has much better timing and spin/speed than your FH, try to to hit the ball earlier when you execute a FH loop and be more aggressive. Some times the ball seems like it goes past your "comfort zone" resulting in a weak stroke

This user has no status.
I just came into reading this amazing thread. I am planning to buy balls for multi ball training because we have cracked more than half of the multi balls in our training. I can only buy Stiga balls but my main problem is budget. Which of the following type of balls would you recommend for multi ball training?
1. Club Trainer
2. Cup Ball
3. Club Select
4. Master 1 star
5. Winner 2 star

Thanks! :)

1. 50% of the total training program. 25% table drills+25% match play. this changes when the competition or target tournament comes nearer.
2. depends. i usually stand beside the net but when i am practicing forehand or backhand counters, i usually stand at the end of the table.
3. i always bounce first. when practicing counters i stand away from the table and no bounces. if i want to do stronger shots i usually do not bounce the ball first

I just came into reading this amazing thread. I am planning to buy balls for multi ball training because we have cracked more than half of the multi balls in our training. I can only buy Stiga balls but my main problem is budget. Which of the following type of balls would you recommend for multi ball training?
1. Club Trainer
2. Cup Ball
3. Club Select
4. Master 1 star
5. Winner 2 star

Thanks! :)
\try the aurora 3 star trainign balls. they are harder than the DHS 3 start tournament balls and much more durable

This user has no status.
its about 12 pesos per piece. 1250 pesos per 100. these balls do not break easily. you can order them at greenpaddle.com i use these as training balls because they feel much nearer to an official 3 star ball

Thank you sir for the info. Just another question, how much are DHS 3 star balls? My schoolmate brought 100pcs DHS 3 star balls when we did multi ball to high school players in our hometown, and I thought those balls felt very solid and good. My only concern is the authenticity of DHS products...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Read 14 reviews
Thought this could be an interesting discussion.

1) How many of you do multiball training, and what is the ratio in percentage compared to "other" training?

2) Does the feeder normally stand by the net, between net and end of table, or at end of the table?

3) Does the feeder bounce the ball first or not?

1) Maybe like 10 or 20%.

2) Stand by the net.

3) It can vary from exercise to exercise.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Read 14 reviews
So agree.

I think multiball is the only kind of TT training that can push one to the limit and continue pushing until the body is no longer able to continue.
And once you do this everyday, you will see a huge improvement from day 1 to day 10, yet alone day 100

Totally agree! It's really hard to push yourself that hard in ordinarily exercises against another player. I can really feel it in my footwork when i haven't played multi ball in a while, and I think it's a must do at least 10% of the practices.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Anyone who can comment on the best price to performance balls for multiball training?

Any training or 1 star ball is fine (since it is not a rally etc)
I use Yasaka Superior training balls (sponsored)
729 1 star, DHS 1 star, Neotech Select (all purchased)

All very good

Reactions: harveyaquino