Why is Zhang Jike getting injured so often?

says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
Zhang Jike got injured too much this year. First in Qatar Open against Yan An then in China Open against Fan Zhendong and after that in China National Games in team event against Wang Hao. The last injury made him loss against Fan Zhendong in quarter-final of singles event and now he is not going to play in World Cup because of that injury.

All of those injuries except of the first one ( Qatar Open ) was a shoulder injury.I think he got injured too much because he doesn't have enough time to recover after that injury in China Open Because of Super League.

So, what do you think made him get injured too much?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I think too much TT and Training.
Look at Guo Yue, worse than ZJK, just recover and collapse again.

I believe the injuries are the same, so it mean, it haven't fully heal yet.

ZJK is known to put in extra hours and effort, so i'm not suprised that he does extra work compared to his schedule.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Zhang Jike got injured too much this year. First in Qatar Open against Yan An then in China Open against Fan Zhendong and after that in China National Games in team event against Wang Hao. The last injury made him loss against Fan Zhendong in quarter-final of singles event and now he is not going to play in World Cup because of that injury.

All of those injuries except of the first one ( Qatar Open ) was a shoulder injury.I think he got injured too much because he doesn't have enough time to recover after that injury in China Open Because of Super League.

So, what do you think made him get injured too much?

He doesn't pay much attention to self administration and self-care. For example he will have a tattoo everywhere of his body(currently his back and right arm). I should say tattooing is not a healthy life style, though it is a mere trifle to talk about, you can see his attitude towards daily life. Another extreme is Wang Liqin. He persists to do strength exercise 2 hours everyday unshakably, even he is in a hotel he will manage to do it. When eating something he will first consult his dietitian in order to decide whether to eat it or not. [FONT=arial, courier new, courier, 宋体, monospace]Correspondingly,[/FONT] ZJK is person doing things as he's pleased. That's not a shortcoming, but should have a moderation。

says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
Oh, stop worrying about Zhang Jike. I don't think he really cares much. I don't think any of the "injuries" are serious.

Besides, soon Fan Zhendong will be too good for anyone to beat. It won't be long.
I'm not too worry about Zhang Jike because i saw his match against Xu Xin right now. He was clearly not injured and was playing like a beast.
I'm worry because he withdraws from World Cup saying he is injured but he is not!

This user has no status.
Difference in personal choices and lifestyle shouldn't have anything to do with his injuries. You work hard, play hard, and train hard...that's how he got to where he is today. Injuries happens to everyone and it's something that cannot be avoided no mater how healthy you are. It's part of being a professional athlete.

I love that he has tattoos because he is expressing himself and showing people that you should have freedom and choices you ca make for yourself. Don't let society or government take that freedom away.

This user has no status.
He doesn't pay much attention to self administration and self-care. For example he will have a tattoo everywhere of his body(currently his back and right arm). I should say tattooing is not a healthy life style, though it is a mere trifle to talk about, you can see his attitude towards daily life. Another extreme is Wang Liqin. He persists to do strength exercise 2 hours everyday unshakably, even he is in a hotel he will manage to do it. When eating something he will first consult his dietitian in order to decide whether to eat it or not. Correspondingly, ZJK is person doing things as he's pleased. That's not a shortcoming, but should have a moderation。

He has a tattoo on his right arm?? Since when? Never knew that.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
He is a bad boy and rebel. I think he likes it that way. His ranking goes down, nobody sees him play, everyone thinks he is finished, then he wins the big competition that everyone wants to win like the WTTC.

But regardless of his antics, soon Fan Zhendong will be better than everyone else.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
FZD is great but too young and too early to predict his career. Fang Bo & Chen Qi were devastating at their beginning of their careers and they ended up as sparring partners like Qiu Yike Hao Shuai etc etc. LGL admitted that FZD's development is vast and fast (he is much much better than 6 months before), I am a great admirer of FZD but lets wait and see his future results in major competitions. It will be amazing to see him win 2015 wttc, he will be the youngest world champion in the modern era of table tennis

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
I think Zhang Jike would have definately wanted to play this event to try to achieve 2 grand slams. I remember in an interview he said this was an aim of his...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy

This user has no status.
the answer is simple... zhang jike don't want to play in the upcoming world cup because ma long will not participate in the event... as we all know ma long is zhang jike's most rival player and he want ma long to be in finals with him. with out ma long the desire of zhang jike to win is gone... look at the interview of zhang jike after the the WTTC... if ma long will play then zhang jike will surely play :)
or maybe he want to give the other players a chance to win the world cup....
zhang jike is the beast of the biggest events in table tennis....
hehehehehehe... :) :) :) :) :)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2012
The official information from China can never trusted. Zhang Jike cannot be really injured because, after the announcement, he beat Zhang Chao and Xu Xin in the Chinese Super League. In fact, he seemed to play more motivated. So there must be other real reasons that prevent him from playing in the World Cup. This makes the competition (and outcome) much more interesting.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 3 reviews
@UpSideDownCarl
I'm not sure if Fan Zhendong will be better than Zhang Jike in the future. On the Major events Zhang plays at a level that i think you can't reach only with training and talent: ,,you have it or not''. (For Example Ma Long)
Just wait and see in 2015 and 2016...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2012
Hm I think it may be possible that Zhang Jike's coach wanted Yan An to play instead (they have the same coach) and told him to give Yan An a shot. That's a possible reason.

This could be a reason, but it ought to be the last chance for Yan An because he has already lost three straight matches against foreigners. In China it's okay to lose to teammates but not to non-Chinese. If Yan An got beaten again by anyone other than Xu Xin, I doubt if he will get any more changes even he's from Beijing team.