ZJK's New Weibo Post Regarding His Withdrawl from the World Cup

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2013
After Liu Guoliang posted Weibo regarding the reason for ZJK's withdrawal from the World Cup, a lot of ZJK fans wondered whether it's ZJK's decision or Liu Guoliang's decision of not playing.

Today, just about 30 minutes ago, ZJK posted a Weibo indicating that it's his decision not to play.

Here is ZJK's Weibo post link: http://t.qq.com/p/t/345403081152974

zjk weibo.jpg
zjkpost.jpg

Following is the Chinese text and an English translation of his Weibo post:

谢谢大家对我的关心,也感谢刘指导对我这次退出世界杯的理解与尊重;经过前段时间的比赛训练和参加一些活动,我认为我目前的身体状态不佳,经常出现一些伤 病,不宜参加世界杯赛;每一个伟大的运动员都需要张弛有度自我把握和节奏调整;科学安排好赛、练关系,才能真正延长运动寿命!
76.gif
120.gif

My thanks to everybody for your concern for me, and also to Coach Liu for your understanding and respect of my decision to withdraw from this year's World Cup. After recent competitions, trainings, and other social engagements, I felt that I am not in my best physical shape and therefore not fit to compete in the World Cup due to frequent injuries and illnesses. A great athlete should know how to self-adjust and self-control the rhythm of tension and relaxation, and scientifically coordinate the relationship between competition and training. Only then can he truly prolong his career!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2013
Even though everything is said and done about ZJK's withdrawal from the World Cup, I still felt very sad for him. Since suffering injuries in the Chinese National Games, he never had enough time to fully recover from his injuries due to busy schedule with CTTSL, which in my opinion cost him the chance to play in the World Cup.

Actually, it's a little surprising to everybody that Shandong Team could have made it into the final four of CTTSL considering the fact that due to a wrist surgery the team's No. 2 guy Fang Bo had not played even once in the team's last 7 games after the Chinese National Games. ZJK, who suffered injuries twice in the right shoulder in the Chinese National Games, had no choice but was forced to play 5 of them, three of which against tough opponents Bayi, Ningbo, and Shanghai. Otherwise, the team could face elimination. He helped the team to win two tough battles against Bayi and Shanghai, winning all his matches in each game. Without him, Shandong could not have gotten into the second stage. He is a tough guy, a true fighter, and a team player, and has given everything he has to the team.

Maybe the following outline of the days of his injuries and the games he played since would give you an idea what I meant:

Sept. 2: In the afternoon, ZJK suffered muscle strain in his right shoulder in the second set of the match against Wang Hao in the team's preliminary round against Jiefangjun (Bayi) in the National Games. He managed to finish and win the match.
Sept. 2: In the evening, after the game with Jiefangjun, ZJK played and won a match against a defender player from Ningxia Team in the last game of the team's preliminary round. The match aggravated his injury as everybody knows that it's always very exhaustive to play a defender player.
Sept. 3.:ZJK played and lost to Wang Liqin and Xu Xin in the team's quarter-final game against Shanghai
Sept. 6: ZJK played and won the first round in men's single (round of 32)
Sept. 7: ZJK played and won the second roung in men's single (round of 16)
Sept. 9: ZJK played and lost to Fan Zhendong in men's quarter-final
Sept. 10: ZJK played and suffered right rotator cuff tear at the end of third set against Yan An in the match to determine the 5th - 8th places. Under team doctor's advice, he withdrew from the game
Sept. 15: ZJK played and won two matches against Tianjin in the 12th round of CTTSL
Sept. 22: ZJK played one single and one double match and won both against Sichuan in the 14th round of CTTSL
Sept. 25: ZJK played and won over Zhou Yu in Shandong vs Bayi in the 15th round of CTTSL
Sept. 29: ZJK played and lost to Yan An in Shandong vs Ningbo in the 16th round of CTTSL
Oct. 16: ZJK played and won two matches in Shandong vs Shanghai in the 17th round of CTTSL

As one can see from the above, since suffering injuries in his right shoulder twice in early September, ZJK never had enough time to nurture his injuries and recover from them. The most time he had was two weeks from September 30 - October 15 when CTTSL was suspended during East Asian Games. As Shandong's go-to guy, he felt that he had an obligation to the team and had given everything he has to the team.

I have seen people question ZJK's attitude in this forum and as a ZJK's fan, I felt that it's unfair to accuse him of being lazy, selfish, and not a team player because the fact says the contrary. If it were not for Shandong Team, ZJK could have rested for the last 6 weeks since Sept. 10 and been ready for the World Cup by October 25.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Nice one ZLKfanforever.

I was thinking of doing that time map too, so people can see that ZJK indeed needs a good rest.
But I feel he is willing to sacrafice himself for Lunang, and not for WC (no point for WC at this stage)

I feel the decision for him to pull out of WC is correct - for his own good.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2013
Attached are some pictures taken by fans at 10-20-2013's game between Shandong and Guangdong in the last round of CTTSL. ZJK did not play but did participate in the warm up practice before the game for about half hour. As one can see, he's obviously troubled by his injuries in the right shoulder and was visibly in pain.

zjk.1.jpgzjk.2.jpgzjk.3.jpgzjk.4.jpgzjk.5.jpgzjk.6.jpgzjk.7.jpgzjk.8.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2013
well, have nice recovery zjk. we'll wait you to face the great event again.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2013
I hope he will recover soon. I have those kind of injuries and i recovered fully after one and half month.

The problem is that he doesn't have the luxury of extended period of rest. The first round of the CTTSL post season games are scheduled to begin on October 30, which only gives him 14 days rest since he last played on October 16.

Immediately after the first round, which could end on November 2 or 3 depending on the result of the first two games, he is scheduled to play in Polish Open which will be held from November 6-10 in both single and double's event.

He was also entered to play in German Open (November 13-17) and Swedish Open (November 27 - December 1) in single and double event.

On a side note, the second round of the second stage of CTTSL will be held between November 13 - 17, the same time when German Open is scheduled to play out. Although the chance of Shandong beating Ningbo is slim, miracle does happen sometimes. So, if Shandong advances to the second round, ZJK may have to withdraw from German Open.

The next big event will be GAC Group 2013 ITTF World Tour Grand Finals from Jan 9 2014 to Jan 12 2014.