China Super League (CTTSL) 2013 Finals

Who do you think will win the China Super League (CTTSL) 2013?

• Ningbo – Ma Long, Yan An, Joo Se Hyuk, Lin Gaoyuan

Votes: 46 67.6%
  • Shandong – Zhang Jike, Fang Bo, Zhang Chao, Hou Yingchao, Wu Hao, Chen Hao

Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Shanghai – Xu Xin, Wang Liqin, Shang Kun, Zhang Yang

Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Bayi – Wang Hao, Zhou Yu, Fan Zhendong, Xu Chenhao

Votes: 8 11.8%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2013
I was hoping for a choppers final for both semis lol
But then again, missing Fang Bo, a half injured ZJk, I guess Shangdong did pretty well to get so far.

Yes. ZJK won the only point for Shandong Team in both rounds. Actually, even with Fang Bo healthy, Shandong still won't stand a good chance against Ningbo. That' why Ningbo picked Shandong to "bully" ;) because they know that ZJK, Shandong's No. 1 guy who usually could win two points for Shandong, had very poor records against Ma Long. And Fang Bo was no threat to either Ma Long or Yan An.

Last edited:
Reactions: dommermeegani
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
What the fans say is useless. ZJK should think about his problem seriously. I don't think Ma Long is much better than him, nor he is much better than Ma Long. They are at the same level. But one thing for sure is that he had no will to win, playing careless, for whatever reason.

says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
Where is your Zhang Jike now?? No more exclusions, Ma Long is much better now. Two times in a row 3:0! Go Ningboo
That's because Alborz and UpSideDownCarl have forgotten to remind Zhang Jike using short games so Zhang Jike lost 0-6 :)
Come on guys! Zhang Jike is not god. Ma Long is as good as Zhang Jike except in terms of mentality. A semi injured ( or not in great shape ) Zhang Jike will not have a chance against Ma Long. If he was not injured and was in great shape then he will have 50% chance but Ma Long is so much better than Zhang Jike now.
But only now!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2013
Some photos for 11-02-2013 Shandong vs Ningbo game.

These photos are provided by Sabrina舒夏

During the game

zjk.1102.1.jpgzjk.1102.2.jpgzjk.1102.3.jpgzjk.1102.4.jpgzjk.1102.6.jpg

Warm-up training before the game

zjk.1102.trainin.1.jpgzjk.1102.training.2.jpgzjk.1102.training.3.jpgzjk.1102.training.4.jpg

The following photos are provided by 读百书尐:

zjk.1102.before the match.jpgzjk.1102.7.jpgzJk and wu hao.1102.jpgzjk.1102.break.jpgzjk.1102.drinking.jpg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2012
What the fans say is useless. ZJK should think about his problem seriously. I don't think Ma Long is much better than him, nor he is much better than Ma Long. They are at the same level. But one thing for sure is that he had no will to win, playing careless, for whatever reason.

Once again, thats how zjk's fans make their idol look worse and worse. Why the hell do you guys always come up with some stupid excuse for losing the game of zhang, like "no will to win, playing careless, for whatever reason". Plz show any proof in video?

Sent from my SHV-E210L using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2013
Once again, thats how zjk's fans make their idol look worse and worse. Why the hell do you guys always come up with some stupid excuse for losing the game of zhang, like "no will to win, playing careless, for whatever reason". Plz show any proof in video?

It's no secret that Ma Long has the upper-hand against Zhang Jike now. Zhang Jike knows it, Ma Long knows it, Zhang Jike fans and Ma Long fans know it, even Chinese coaches and media know it. That's why every time when the two meet each other in a game, the question in every body's mind is always:"Can Zhang Jike beat Ma Long this time?" Just like every time when it's WC or WTTC, the question in people's mind is always:" Can Ma Long win it this time?"

Zhang Jike himself even admitted in a 2010 TV interview that he had no confidence when facing Ma Long, and he's even "afraid of Ma Long". I don't know whether he is still "afraid of Ma Long", but based on the recent records, he still has not found ways to beat Ma Long convincingly or consistently, which does not help with his confidence against Ma Long at all. But, Zhang Jike has always looked at wins and losses in a perspective. As he said in an interview with ITTF reporter in 2011 Pro Tour Grand Finals after beating Wang Liqin in the quarter final:" I think as a player, you have to constantly struggle between wins and losses. If I lose to an opponent last time, I will try all I can and give all I have to win against him this time. I think that's what makes the competitive sports such a joy."

That being said, I don't think people should put down Zhang Jike just because he has poor records against Ma Long. Also, people should not put down Ma Long just because he has not won a WTTC. They are great players in their own right and in their own way. As table tennis fans, we should be glad that we have them both because competitive sports need competitors. It's not a one man show. We need two players who can compete with each other at the same level for a game to be exciting. Don't we all want to see a Ma Long vs Zhang Jike showdown like 2011 Austrian Open Final or 2012 Slovenian Open Final? Competition is good for the sports, and it's good for players because it would force them to improve themselves.

By the way, Ma Long and Zhang Jike are rivals on court but friends off court.

Zhang Jike and Ma Long in 2003

zhang jike.malong.2003.jpg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013

First, I'm not a ZJK fan nor a ML fan. I believe what I see in their performances, and I criticized him for this several times, including the words above. Second, lack of motivatio is not an excuse, but a fact. It is a common sense of many coaches, especially Xiao Zhan and Liu Guoliang. Third, from the video of the 2nd Game against Ningbo, ZJK had a serving fault when playing Yan An. When playing against ML, he fluffed on easy balls too many times, especially in the 1st match when he was 8:6 ahead. What I'm saying they're at the same level, is a general argument, not a point to point comparison. ML has a better continuity of rallies, but ZJK has advantages on the quality of every single shot. ML is good at fore hand, while ZJK back hand. They have their own merits and faults respectively. What makes you think ML is much better than ZJK, prove that with any fact, his titles or performance in games? And Why do you think "no will to win" is an excuse? It's also a huge mental problem as the opposite extreme against the tension in a game (most players' problem).

Last edited:
Reactions: pong4lyfe
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
There can be many reasons that he was not making 100% effort: illness and wounds, morale of the team, situation of game, and of course the difficulty to play against Ma Long. These should not be his excuse for his defeat and his defeat is a fact, that's why I said "whatever reason".

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
For women's semi-finals:

Datong 1-3 Shandong

Wu Yang 3-0 Chen Meng (12:10 11:2 12:10)
Li Xiaodan 0-3 Li Xiaoxia (11:13 8:11 2:11)
Li Xiaodan/Feng Tianwei 0-2 Chen Meng/Gu Yuting (4:11 7:11)
Wu Yang 0-3 Li Xiaoxia (7:11 7:11 6:11)

Bayi 3-2 Shanxi

Muzi 3-2 Liu Shiwen (2:11 11:4 11:7 3:11 7:5)
Guo Yue 3-0 Feng Yalan (11:8 12:10 11:4)
Muzi/Cao Zhen 0-2 Feng Yalan/Rao Jingwen (7:11 5:11)
Guo Yue 1-3 Liu Shiwen (9:11 12:10 9:11 12:14)
Cao Zhen 2-0 Fan Ying (11:5 11:3)

Shandong and Bayi will meet in the finals!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2012
I Am not sure what ZJK is thinking all about. If you can see the records, he would have beaten ML many times in the big tournaments, but when it comes to small tournaments or all the leagues, he is nothing, he can loose to any one there. Being a huge fan and a followers of ZJK , i think he don't want to do good when it comes small tournaments or leagues and just doing formality of participating. If he wins he is ok, if he looses he has nothing to loose.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
ZJK did say before this season that his goal is getting to second stage. For that he had fulfil his promise. Don't know what the management think. Only ZJK can say something like that and not about to win the final for the team. I always think he is the smartest player in the CNT as he can always pick the right moment to win that matter most.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2012
He said so coz he was so aware of being not able to win the final with his condition, his ability, his current teammate, compared to other teams. I believe he did not say that for making funny excuse like his fans claiming now, like "i wont play my best in this CTTSL, sorry folks" :)
Anyway, the only post by zjkforever above i could totally agree with, from a real fan of zhang, that everyone in the world already knows Ma Long has upper-hand against Zhangjk, and the only question remains through the time is that could Zjk catch up ML level and play equally against ML.. thats it.
Anyway, i am afraid this is endless controversy. Thanks to ZJK and his fans, I personally learned that in sport, you always can make excuse of having not performed the best... intentionally, whenever you lose in competition, or fail in life.. Thats bad thing though, but its worth learning to... avoid haha
Lets enjoy more and more ML winning as usual that we all have been familiar with. Thats worthy of passion and effort to keep improving, become stronger after any lost. Unfortunately that hard training still havent turned out fruitful achievement as Grand slam title yet as he is already so deserved, due to mental weakness. But the whole contribution of his has been the standard way of mine as well as many true sportmanship guys in our TTD community :)

Sent from my SHW-M250L using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: khuonglt
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
(Ma-Zhang again 3 days later! - November 2) [low quality/framerate of the original ~15fps]

# MA Long - ZHANG Jike [Full Match/Short Form|Chinese]