Ask from Vladimir Samsonov

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Still one week left to ask your question from Vladi Samsonov!
Vladi has confirmed that he would like to do the interview through phone, so we try to bring you the full interview in the middle of november.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...770845.-2207520000.1383505331.&type=3&theater
www.pingpong.ee/keel/eng

Awesome! What is Vladi's secret! How does he avoid injuries etc? I would also like to know how much he practices now and when he practices what does he practice on? What drills etc.

Last thing, who does he practice with?

What a man!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
When he underperforms and gets disappointed by his quality of shots, how does he calm himself?Does a simple "calm down vladi" works?

I believe the reason that he is 37 years old and still gives a hard time to opponents with better physical condition and more training hours on their back, is his excellent touch/feel for the ball compared to other players and his deep understanding of tactics/angles in the table. Am I right? If not what is the main reason that he is still a world class player?

says Do you guys have streaks where you are just not playing...
says Do you guys have streaks where you are just not playing...
Jun 2011
Read 6 reviews
How much physical training/physical work does he still do, and does he feel that he can compete at the top level physically after he is 40?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
I don't know if this will get included because its pretty late and also its a little controversial. This is regarding the world cup final with Xu Xin. We noticed that you changed your serve to inside out during the match , in the late third , fourth and fifth sets against Xu Xin. We have not seen you do this serve regularly . What is the reason of picking this serve. Like many players I have a pet peeve that the serving rule interpretation by certain umpires allow lefties to get away with serves that are hidden by the body , what is your opinion on the same ?

says Youtube channel...
says Youtube channel...
Dec 2012
Read 7 reviews
One thing I would be extremely interested in to hear from him is how well he remembers the time when he played in Finland (Team MBF). He was quite young but what I've have heard he did really well here in the highest league even at that time. So what does he remember of that time and how he feels about it now (afterwards)? :)

Vladi is a great athlete and gentleman, always nice to watch him play :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Vladimir Samsonov is a Belarusian professional table tennis player, ranked ninth in the world as of October 2011. He is known in China as the "Tai Chi Master" because of his superb all-around style.