Affordable bats for a table-tennis club

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2013
Hi,

I'm starting up a table-tennis club for my University and will need to buy a number of bats for new-comers to the sport to use for practicing. I need to purchase maybe 10-15 bats to start with... they need to be decent but very reasonably priced.

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Reactions: Enfoftede and Dan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2013
Thanks for your replies,

Dawei DW2 + Rubbers Combo
Blade: (Dawei DW2), Blade Handle: (Flared),
Black Rubber: (Dawei 2008XP), Black Rubber Thickness: (1.8),
Red Rubber: (Dawei 2008XP), Red Rubber Thickness: (1.8),

As this is a new club and we need members I don't want to scare people off by having a high joining fee - so I'd like to keep it below £20.I was looking on Colestt.com and this was the cheapest combo. This would sub-total at $280 (£175) for 10 lots of this combo. I've emailed Cole and I'm hoping I can get a delivery quote to the UK of no more than $25 (£15) which would make the total cost per bat $30(£19). This combo comes with a basic bat case too but is the blade okay? It's not one you recommended.

Last edited:
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I have played with those ALL+, OFF, and OFF blades Cole and eacheng sell, both Dawei and Galaxy stuff. In fact, I used one of those ALL+ blades for 5 months while waiting for my sponsor to release an expensive blade I now use. Those 5 months I played with that ALL+ blade I played my current level, no problem for using that all wood ALL+ or OFF- to OFF blade. They will all work just fine. Ask Cole to seal the blade, he prolly will anyway. He will give you edge tape and either a Dawei 1-Bat full case or a semi-case that covers the bat. Either are fine.

The Matrix and another Dawei balde (cant remember) still do service at my old Kokean TT club along with 6 each Galaxy 896 blades I bought from Cole and eacheng.net ...

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
As for the rubber, XP 2008, I use it on BH on most of my setups and it lasts a month or two longer than my FH rubbers. After I change it out at the 3 month mark or so, my friend at my old club would use it another 6 months.

Don't worry, XP 2008 will last you long enough, even if it will oxidize some.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2013
Thanks again for your replies,

Cole came back and estimated $35 - 50 to ship airmail first class. That's okay I suppose even at the upper end of that estimate the cost per bat comes out at around £20.70($33) which is acceptable.

Yeah, that setup should be perfect.

Why don't you make 2 x member rates - one with bring your own bat, and one with using club bats?

Yep, I'd thought of that - some people may have their own bat and therefore wouldn't need to pay for use of a club bat. Having said that, I am expecting the majority of people not to have their own equipment.