Who will win the 2013 German Open - ITTF World Tour?

• Zhang Jike

Votes: 24 35.8%
  • Timo Boll

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • Dimitrij Ovtcharov

Votes: 12 17.9%
  • Chuang Chih Yuan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fan Zhendong

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • Jun Mizutani

• Vladimir Samsonov

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Gao Ning

• Kenta Matsudaira

• Other (Post Below)

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Haven't followed this tournament but I see Mizutani is still alive in the draw, how is he playing? Any chances to beat Ovtcharov?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Fan just won against Zhang Jike with 4-2 that looks like the 16-year old is showing off once again. The last Chinese player in the mens singles tournament with 16 if that is not impressive i dunno what impressive is?!

says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
Men's Singles semi-final results:
Zhang Jike vs Fan Zhendong 2:4 (9-11,7-11,6-11,11-8,12-10,6-11)
Vladimir Samsonov vs Marcos Freits 4:3 (9-11,9-11,11-8,11-9,11-9,11-13,11-6)
Dimitrij Ovtcharov vs Jun Mizutani 4:0 (11-5,11-6,11-5,11-8)
Liam Pitchforn vs Timo Boll 1:4 (7-11,5-11,11-7,9-11,2-11)

Tomorrow's semi-final matches:
Fan Zhendong vs Vladimir Samsonov 11:30 Local time (+40' GMT)
Dimitrij Ovtcharov vs Timo Boll 12:15 Local time (+40' GMT)

I'm a little bit sad because of Zhang Jike's defeat. Anyway i think Fan Zhendong and Ovtcharoc will be in final.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Good news for everybody who is interested in the duel Fan Zhendong-Zhang Jike, even though the match was not streamed it is abvailable on-demand on ITTV !

Tomorrow Final Day Matches:

Mens Singles Semifinals: Timo Boll vs Dimitrij Ovtcharov and Fan Zhendong vs Vladimir Samsonov

Womens Singles Semifinals: Han Ying vs Ai Fukuhara and Lee Ho Ching vs Wen Jia

Mens Doubles Final: Timo Boll/Patrick Franziska vs Chiang Hung-Chieh/Huang Sheng-Sheng

Womens Doubles Final: Ai Fukuhara/Misako Wakamiya vs Wen Jia/Zhao Yan

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Zjk always playing free. Always play trainning game but... When he play in a serius turnament like world championship or olumpic games it's different . He play a other table tennis with strategy who never player have seen again (and zjk knows all of them)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
I would love to see Shiono against a top Chinese player like Ma Long.
He is already giving top players a headache but has not faced a top Chinese player yet.

Shiono played well against Ovtcharov but Ovtcharov seemed to be in a great state of mind. His attack never faltered. Cheers for him.
I guess playing as host was very beneficial to him.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
Even though I'm not a big fan of him, I got a bit worried about Ovtcharov during the match against Mizutani.
In case some didn't see it, in the match against Mizutani he had to take an extra long break between the 3rd and 4th set. His upper back was massaged by a physiotherapist. The commentator said something about a stiff neck, but Dima was holding his chest right where the heart is and his coach also tried his chest with his hand. I think he may have had irregular heartbeat. Hopefully it's nothing serious whatever it is.

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
What an epic tournament this really is! I have loved it, incredible upsets and watching Liam take on the worlds best is truly inspiring! I have the feeling Fan Zhendong may struggle against Samsonov in the semi final today.

My vote for the Men's Singles Final is Vladimir Samsonov and Timo Boll #AgainstTheOdds :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
Sorry I just have to let my taciturn out!!!!!!! Dima Ovtcharov has played absolutely RAMPAGEOUS!!!!! With Masato Shiono it was one of the bravest matches I've ever seen, his shots are so strong!!! In this match it was 3-3 and in the last set he was losing 9-6, it would seem he already lost but what a come back he had made, he just never gives up!!! Now when I watched him against Timo Boll, what an upsetting bad luck in the first game when Timo Boll touched the net! Normally with any other players this would affect psychologically very deeply after this but not with Dima he just carries on and doesn't give up!

If he wins the final against Fan Zhendong, Dmitrij Ovtcharov is officially my new favourite player full stop!!!!!!!!!! What a bravery, fighting spirit and immense power he has. One can be proud that at least one european player can match the relentless players that reigned up from ruthless and brutal regimes.

Last edited: