Fan Zhendong equipment

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
Read 3 reviews
I am aware that FZD uses Stiga VPS Infinity (used to be Butterfly Viscaria), I am curious to know if anyone knows (or has pics) showing exactly what rubbers he has on FH and BH. Now most of us would guess Hurricane 3 blue and some kind of Tenergy (despite the fact that Stiga says he uses Calibra Tour M which is possible). I have Googled and seen some pictures but I don't have any clear pictures of his rubbers (for example is it Skyline III or Hurricane III?) and is it a Tenergy on the BH?

Reactions: yurybarquero
This user has no status.
I think FZD plays on his forehand a H3. Hes more looping than driving so H3 makes more sense. Backhand maybe a T64. Did anybody else noticed that his style is similiar to ZJKs style? Both of them are making a pendulum serve, are flipping over the table really good and play both sides strong topspins. Completely different to Ma Long who plays with open serves and more forehand drive. I didnt see the blade neither well, but i think something from Stiga.

says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
Did anybody else noticed that his style is similiar to ZJKs style? Both of them are making a pendulum serve, are flipping over the table really good and play both sides strong topspins. Completely different to Ma Long who plays with open serves and more forehand drive..
I noticed it too. So they actually have the same nemesis: Ma Long. Fan Zhendong has never defeated Ma Long before. His best performance against him was in China National Games. He was 3:2 in the lead and was 9:8 up in the 6th set.
Fan Zhendong is developing very fast. I mean really fast. Six month ago he lost 4:0 to Zhang Jike in WTTC. Four month after (two month ago) he defeated Zhang Jike and Xu Xin in a row and was so close to beat Ma Long in China National Games. Now he defeated 3 players in top ten (Zhang Jike, Dimitrij Ovtcharov and Vladimir Samsonov) in a row in German Open.
If he continues like this he will be soon in a level that no one reached before. He can become on of the greatest players of all time.

Reactions: Xanderngzien
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
Read 3 reviews
Fan Zhendong used to play with Stiga Infinity VPS V, some blue sponge DHS rubber on forehand and Calibra Tour M on backhand. But I'm not sure if he also used an Infinity VPS V at the German Open.

I saw on the ITTF broadcast for the German Open at least the Stiga Infinity VPS V handle, it's not a clear shot (a distance show when he is looping on the forehand for example) but it looks like the same blade as before. I agree that it's a blue sponge DHS rubber on the FH (can see on the ITTF videos) but this doesn't rule out DHS Skyline III for example. Wondering how you know for sure he has Calibra Tour M on the BH, have you seen a clear photo? The sponge colour of Tenergy 64 (for example) and Calibra Tour series are kind of orangish-redish (everyone sees colours a bit differently) and from a distance video shot say a BH loop, it's not really possible to be sure I think.

says Hi guys! I just joined this forum. I am from Malaysia...
says Hi guys! I just joined this forum. I am from Malaysia...
Apr 2012
In China forum, most people said FZD equipment is Stiga Infinity VPS V, forehand rubber is H-3 and backhand rubber Stiga calibra Tour M. However according to recent photo published by http://www.yoger.com.cn/info-16241.html, the handle logo shown Big STIGA wording, doesn't like Infinity VPS?

Fan Zengdong.jpg

Reactions: Dan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
Read 3 reviews
Okay thanks guys for the answers, I am a penhold player but recently started to play and learn shakehand style as well. I have ordered Infinity VPS (flared handle) and happen to have Calibra Tour Soft spare rubber so I will use it on the BH. I actually happen to have two sheets of provincial Neo H3 but already cut for penhold racquet, I will modify it and have a go with it. I never boost my rubbers though which is why I have never been a huge fan of chinese rubbers :) I will try to provide a review later later (prob more like Jan 2014) when I get a decent hit with VPS. I need to learn (or at least modify) a lot of basic technique from penhold to shakehand and will need a fair bit of time for that :)

This user has no status.
In China forum, most people said FZD equipment is Stiga Infinity VPS V, forehand rubber is H-3 and backhand rubber Stiga calibra Tour M. However according to recent photo published by http://www.yoger.com.cn/info-16241.html, the handle logo shown Big STIGA wording, doesn't like Infinity VPS?

View attachment 5021

this infinity vps if u see in between thumbs its the same lining....

Sent from my QMobile Noir A10 using Tapatalk

says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
Mar 2011
Read 8 reviews
View attachment 8178There is FZD blade from Asian Championships 2015. Its definitely not Viscaria.

Why do you state it ain't Viscaria? I believe it's a Viscaria with Stiga handle, seen it done before by many players ;)

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
In that last picture, is that a composite layer or dark wood? To me it looks like a composite but I am not absolutely certain of it.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I am on a phone right now. When I enlarged the photos, it was hard to tell. But that does look like some composite layer to me also. I can't tell how many plies. When I am at a computer I should be able to see it better and compare it to photos of Viscaria and Infinity. Even though it is hard to see, the core on this blade in the photo looks like it may be thicker than a Viscaria core. I can't tell for sure though.

Sent from TheSecretHideout using TheInfamousNSASpyPhone

Reactions: Suga D
Mar 2011
Read 8 reviews
Off-top: why do those pro players press their rubbers with hands all the time? Is it because rubbers are boosted like hell and tend to peel off, or players just play for time this way?

I belive it's a combo of those.. Some times you will notice the rubber has problem sticking to the blade near the edge because you boost slightly too much, and sometimes you just pretend so you can get focused and hopefully piss the opponent off ;)