Fan Zhendong equipment

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
From the National Games final:

Fzd3.jpg

It's 100% carbon layers. I own 2 Viscarias myself so I should be able to recognize what they look like.

I noticed it too. So they actually have the same nemesis: Ma Long. Fan Zhendong has never defeated Ma Long before. His best performance against him was in China National Games. He was 3:2 in the lead and was 9:8 up in the 6th set.
Fan Zhendong is developing very fast. I mean really fast. Six month ago he lost 4:0 to Zhang Jike in WTTC. Four month after (two month ago) he defeated Zhang Jike and Xu Xin in a row and was so close to beat Ma Long in China National Games. Now he defeated 3 players in top ten (Zhang Jike, Dimitrij Ovtcharov and Vladimir Samsonov) in a row in German Open.
If he continues like this he will be soon in a level that no one reached before. He can become on of the greatest players of all time.

FZD defeated ML at World Tour, China Open 2016, on 18 september 2016, at 13.10 hrs, with 4 - 0.

Reactions: NextLevel
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
The man once snapped his blade in half mid match and his spare was a viscaria. Why do we still have this conversation?

[emoji2]

For me, what sealed it was knowing someone who knows him. Hearing them tell he was playing with a Viscaria for sure.

But I don't really know. And things could change. The photos are inconclusive. But photo Giang posted shows the plies better than most.

It doesn't matter to me.

No matter what, it is not the Infinity FZD and Stiga say it is because, when you do see the higher quality photos that allow you to distinguish between the plies, it is clearly a 7 ply blade. And it looks like a composite in most of the clearer photos where you can distinguish between plies.

But the only way to really know would be to walk up and take his racket and take the rubbers off. And have a close look at the naked blade.

Even that would only tell you what he used in one specific tournament.

And it is interesting how, every so often he does play with a Viscaria that has a Viscaria handle.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Reactions: Suga D
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Yes, easy to see this is a Viscaria (Butterfly's slightly numb clone of my beloved Treiber K blade) with a Stiga handle.
Except the Viscaria was introduced in early 1990s so is not a clone of anything.

Reactions: NextLevel
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Yes, easy to see this is a Viscaria (Butterfly's slightly numb clone of my beloved Treiber K blade) with a Stiga handle.

Why, I didn't think that quip needed a tongue-in-cheek emoticon. Bzzzt, wrong, obviously!

Both of these posts really made me laugh. Thank you.

JST

This user has no status.

JST

This user has no status.
Nov 2017
I'm still confused, then should I get Viscaria, Boll ALC, Long 5, or Carbonado 190????? I want H3 neo FH and T80 BH

If you are getting TT equipment only because some pro uses it then definitely buy all of them! And couple more to be safe... If you read the thread carefully you understand that you will never get in the shop the same blade as pros. There are some exceptions like prott.vip eshop where you can get to limited "pro" variants of certain brands but still you won't get the same as FZD because he selected his blades from certain badge based on wight and other parameters which you will never know and will never have access to such large pool of blades to test and choose from. Finally even if FZD would give you one of his personal blades (many pros are doing it with rubbers - they giveaway slightly used rubbers to younger players in the team from time to time) it would be useless because you don't have his technique and physical strength. Stay with what you have and train harder!

Reactions: Suga D