Jan Ove Waldner - Donic superstar using TENERGY

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
I think you can clearly see JO Waldner using Tenergy on his forehand.
On Donic's website they say that he uses Bluefire M1 on both sides.
I know Chinese players use hurricane on forehand and pimple players get to choose the pimple.
Does Ovtcharov also use non-Donic rubber on his forehand.
jow 4 copy.jpg

says Hello FbERN! I think it is a good choice :)
says Hello FbERN! I think it is a good choice :)
Dec 2012
Dima is not using Donic rubbers as well as Pati!

Normally players play with the equipment of their suppliers but (specially) the Top-Pro players use often other materila (Tenergy for non-Butterfly players) but also Pimples-Out Users often use Nittaku/Neubauer rubbers instead of their suppliers rubbers.

Chinese usually all play DHS on forehand and have an european rubber on the backhand!

cheers,

says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
Mar 2011
Read 8 reviews
Usually I don't get surprised when I find out a pro is using Tenergy instead of their sponsors rubbers.. Most players do!
But this time Im kinda shocked.. He's retired from the international scene, and he's just playing the swedish premier league for fun, but still. With his name on almost every Donic product on the market, it's kinda strange, don't you guys think?

M51

says Poly balls still suck.

M51

says Poly balls still suck.
Sep 2012
With his name on almost every Donic product on the market, it's kinda strange, don't you guys think?
Yeah, it's pretty much saying "Sure, I endorse Donic, but what you really should be using is Butterfly".

God, IIRC, Britney Spears once caused a huge scandal when a photo of her drinking Coca Cola popped out, after having signed a huge endorsement deal with Pepsi. Or maybe it was Christina Aguilera... Who cares, the point is, Donic as a company is obviously "smalltime" when their main trademark face trolls them like this.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
anyone know what use J.O.Waldner at World championship 1997 ? That level of play no one didn't come jet. Thank's

A Chinese fan confirmed with Waldner that he didn't use the Dicon but the Waldner Off with a solid handle that looked like that of Dicon.

http://www.sundns.org/discuz/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=229252
3。老瓦在97年世锦赛夺冠的时候用的实心柄的球板还是dicon那种空心柄的?

老瓦:97年用的不是dicon,是实心柄的donic waldner off

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Was the JO shape design really discontinued by Donic? I wasn't aware of that. Some of the retailers still have these blade on offer (TT11 has at least 5 of them). But why are/were they "perfect" for the hand?

I do not think they are making them anymore. The handle were like thinner where you put your thumb, so i think it fit good for the hand. The new, or other handles from Donic is way much more bulky i feel.

A Chinese fan confirmed with Waldner that he didn't use the Dicon but the Waldner Off with a solid handle that looked like that of Dicon.

http://www.sundns.org/discuz/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=229252

Okay interesting. I know the guys that own Yasaka/Donic in Sweden. He thought he played with dicon, but maybe he was wrong.

Reactions: Jimbob MacInbred
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Hi,

But Top world class players are using custom blades and rubbers.

I wonder about this. For instance, what is the Tenergy customization for Timo Boll? Yes, it's boosted, but what else? The topsheet/sponge is a highly advanced technology. Other than boosting, I don't believe there is much evidence the top world class players are intermixing topsheets and sponges to create customization. Are there other customization techniques for topsheets and sponges and topsheet/sponge combinations? [Perhaps in the pimples arena this has more applicability.]

The same thoughts for blades: Is a top world class player using Viscaria using a customized blade that is not equivalent to the commercial product? The individual plies are thicker or thinner or of a different wood or different glue? I'm skeptical of the degree of customization that many claim to be occurring with the top players, except for the boosting application.

Thanks.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
Butterfly sells their sponges.
I mean the best sponges in the game ...
I Heard that ma long had tenergy sponge and Dhs stiff Topsheet.
I know that one Polish national player use butterfly sponge plus 729 or yinhe topsheet