TableTennisDaily meet Stiga China Team!

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
Hey guys,

Stiga have kindly invited TableTennisDaily to the Stiga HQ where we have behind the scenes access to the Stiga Chinese National Table Tennis Team! The players include Xu Xin, Fan Zhendong, Yan An and Chen Meng.

I will keep you updated with all the behind the scenes action that I manage to take! I hope you enjoy everything!

meandchina.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
This is great stuff Dan.
Thumbs up to Stiga for organising this, and inviting you to be part of it.

Without you there, the general table tennis audience wouldn't get to see these "close up" videos and photos.

One thing for sure is, no Pros will accept your invitation on the mini table - since you already defeated the world cup champion :p

Keep up the good work!!

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Blade photos!

Check out these real cool personal blades developed by Stiga for the Stiga China National Team players! My favourite was Yan An's blade. It is a mixture between the Stiga Rosewood and the Stiga Clipper! Pretty cool huh!?

yananblade.jpg

I managed to take a photo of Xu Xin's blade during his photo shoot. You can see his name printed on the handle on the Stiga intensity blade.

xuxinblade.jpg

Here is Chen Meng's personal blade with her name printed on the blade.

chenmeng.jpg

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
This is great stuff Dan.
Thumbs up to Stiga for organising this, and inviting you to be part of it.

One thing for sure is, no Pros will accept your invitation on the mini table - since you already defeated the world cup champion :p

Keep up the good work!!

Haha thanks Tony! I got a good win under my belt already lol! :D I think Xu Xin would have destroyed me if he wanted to.... thoughts?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Haha thanks Tony! I got a good win under my belt already lol! :D I think Xu Xin would have destroyed me if he wanted to.... thoughts?
Dan, I am waiting for you to play Fan Zhendong and tell us about this prodigy !!! I guess a lot of other forum members are also waiting with bated breath to know more about this 16 year boy man wonder from China :)

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Dan, I am waiting for you to play Fan Zhendong and tell us about this prodigy !!! I guess a lot of other forum members are also waiting with bated breath to know more about this 16 year boy man wonder from China :)

Haha I'm working on it! :)

Reactions: ttmonster
says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
what? yan an playing with stiga calibra lt instead of hurricane or skyline?
I think he is not. Just see Chen Meng's blade and it has the same rubber (a black Calibra LT). It's a little strange. Probably they use it only when they are in Stiga HQ or something like this, not in the competitions. I have a search before about Yan An's equipment (nearly one month ago) and he was using a Hurricane 3 Neo blue sponge that time.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
Nice to see XX's blade up close. Is he really using TG2 now? May be there are stocks left by Ma Lin that nobody use. Photo of recent World Cup shows him using an Intensity with normal handle instead of the one with his name in the pic. Is Stiga about to release a special XX edition? It is about time. Butterfly and DHS had been doing that and priced high for so long.

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Dan you should end your Mini table tennis- career now that you are on the absolute top :D beating Xu Xin :) But yea, what an incredible nice thing from Stiga to invite you there too! Must have been an amazing experience :)

Haha I think I should to! Yeah it really was awesome man! Really surreal and cool at the same time!

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
GRAND!!

Oh, but does this mean that the question submission time is up?
Dang, I'm too late I guess.

But heck, I'm still very elated to see where the TTD Team is going today.
Awesome and keep going!

Hey Yosua, yes sorry you missed the submission, there is always next time! :) And thank you for all your support in making all this happen from the beginning! Hope all is well.

Are you in Sweden for the Open, Dan? I'm working about two hours north of Stockholm.

Hey Al, I am not at the Open i'm afraid. Have a great time if you go to watch the Tour. Will you get some pics? :)