Table Tennis Shoes

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Yes but I checked the prices and it's not big difference, asics are like 10 € cheaper than Butterfly :/

Where I looked the price in US Dollars the price was a $35.00 difference. That would be a 25 Euro difference. But that was not really the point I was making. It is the same exact sole. That is all. I don't know about the rest of the shoe. Butterfly is not hiding that Asics makes their Table Tennis Shoes. But I would still rather get them from the company that makes them if I can.

Reactions: jedimasterplk
says http://cinemagr.am/embed/148758536
says http://cinemagr.am/embed/148758536
Feb 2013
Where I looked the price in US Dollars the price was a $35.00 difference. That would be a 25 Euro difference. But that was not really the point I was making. It is the same exact sole. That is all. I don't know about the rest of the shoe. Butterfly is not hiding that Asics makes their Table Tennis Shoes. But I would still rather get them from the company that makes them if I can.

Online shopping is weird. You never know how much will you pay untill you buy something. Sometimes shipping is so expensive, and sometimes like I don't even count it.
I agree with you and thanks for informations but I think I will stay on mizuno shoes for long time..

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Online shopping is weird. You never know how much will you pay untill you buy something. Sometimes shipping is so expensive, and sometimes like I don't even count it.
I agree with you and thanks for informations but I think I will stay on mizuno shoes for long time..

Yep. Mizuno are good. Also note, they are not shoes by a table tennis company. They are good.

But, for $50.00 USD I am very happy with my Nike indoor soccer shoes. They play great. I can't really imagine anything that is truly that much better and they cost half the price of good Table Tennis shoes. It is true that the original price of what I bought was $75.00 they were on sale without me even realizing that they were on sale. But the fact remains, for the price of a good pair of table tennis shoes, I could have got two pairs of these Nike indoor soccer shoes. I like the fact that, for that much less money, these work just as well as anything I have tried.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
And the Nike indoor soccer shoes that I got are really great. No complaints. Especially since I paid $50.00.

Here is what they look like:

attachment.php

For more angles, here is a link: http://www.zappos.com/nike-nike-gat...white?ef_id=Usv7XwAABK1tAxHP:20140107130431:s

They work really well, they are strong and well designed. A little less breathable than some Table Tennis shoes because the upper is almost all leather. But they perform really well and are very comfortable.

It is almost a year since I started using these. They still are working great. Very durable and they do the job. I can move well in them for table tennis footwork.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I can tell you all firsthand Carl had zero problems moving to the spot. Footware is not a problem for Carl.

Myself, I pop into the Nexy HQ and get these once a YEAR, yes once a year, use daily 3-5 hours, they hold up that long and I think they retail for $50 ish.

petra.jpg

These are on sale there $20ish and I had a set of these, they were good for 6 months daily use no problem.

contact.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
Hi! What would you recommend for a beginner table tennis player? I could just go to shopping mall but I don't like to rely solely on sales advisor opinion ;)

This user has no status.
Back in the 70's I always used Asics indoor volleyball shoes - because they were the lightest shoes I could find and I loved them. At my age my movement and footwork is pretty much gone so it is less important so I wear a pretty standard (cheap) tennis shoe - or maybe it is because I am too lazy to get out and buy some Asics. LOL