Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Jun Mizutani

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chuan Chih-Yuan

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Other

Votes: 14 13.3%

• Total voters
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
TeamJOOLA
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
WTTC Champion 2011. My pick from the start might I add ;)

zhang%2Byike%2Bpingpong.jpg

Image from China Sport News

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
In an interview wang hao said that he already lost the match before the final even started.

He said one of the umpires had done something with one of his rubber and it wasnt fully attached to the blade anymore. The coach of wang hao had to glue it back on 1 minute before the final started. So he didnt have the same feeling as usual.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
Wang Hao is a professional athlete, all professional table tennis players should have spare bats identical to their own bats so I find that excuse quite poor really. Zhang Jike played incredibly it was a brilliant final

Indeed, but he also said that he didnt want to say much about the incident and he didnt really say it was because of this that he lost but it was always in the back of his head when he was playing so thats not really a good thing to start the match with.

Zhang jike just played awesome and he deserves it. Ripping his shirt off was a bit over the top but we all know zhang jike is a very emotional player, loud screaming, the shoe thing, ripping of the shirt, but thats what makes him zhang jike.

TeamJOOLA
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
Well! The Poll had 99 voters and Ma Long and Timo were favourites but it was Zhang Jike that pulled through in the end! Thanks to all who voted and contributed to the discussion and built the intensity of the 2011 WTTC! It was a great day for the sport :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Wang Hao is a professional athlete, all professional table tennis players should have spare bats identical to their own bats so I find that excuse quite poor really. Zhang Jike played incredibly it was a brilliant final

eh I don't know, the mental aspect also has an effect. Wang Liqin also stated the same thing for the 2008 olympics. When he messed up his paddle rubber and had to switch to a spare.

Also in addition, I don't know if this applies anymore now that speedglue is banned, but pros use to or maybe still do reglue their rubbers before every match, and when they do so, it takes a little while for the rubber to settle and reach peak performance.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
eh I don't know, the mental aspect also has an effect. Wang Liqin also stated the same thing for the 2008 olympics. When he messed up his paddle rubber and had to switch to a spare.

Also in addition, I don't know if this applies anymore now that speedglue is banned, but pros use to or maybe still do reglue their rubbers before every match, and when they do so, it takes a little while for the rubber to settle and reach peak performance.

Chen Qi beat Samsonov with his spare. I didn't notice a downgoing level of play from him.

PingPongPom+1, and thanks fpr sharing the vid :) It's awesome.

Last edited: