Watch the video below, then vote for your favourite shot of 2013 :)

• Timo Boll (Backhand Topspin)

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • Daniel Habeshon (Behind The Back Shot)

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • Ma Long (Drop Shot)

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Koki Niwa (No Look Backhand Shot)

Votes: 28 19.4%
  • Quentin Robinot (Behind The Back Shot)

Votes: 29 20.1%
  • Fan Zhendong (Around The Net Forehand)

Votes: 11 7.6%
  • Gionis Panagiotis (Forehand Shot)

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Kenta Matsudaria (No Look Backhand Shot)

Votes: 7 4.9%
  • Ludovic Remy (Behind The Back Shot)

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Kanabe Szilard (No Look Forehand Shot)

Votes: 28 19.4%

• Total voters
says Youtube channel...
says Youtube channel...
Dec 2012
Read 7 reviews
What an amazing year it has been once again! It's really difficult to choose the best one. Numbers 2,4,5,7,9 are my favourites :D
But I will go with the one that amazed me most when I saw it the first time. And that's Robinot's shot :p

Hopefully this video will go viral again, great promotion for table tennis! :)

Haha realised this is my 300th post! A new TTD milestone reached hah :D

Last edited:
This user has no status.
All these shots are exceptional. I vote for Habesohn's not just for the quality of the shot, but for Ma Lin's facial expression with his jaw dropping down, which appears a few seconds after the shot when he's trying to understand what has happened. It's priceless:eek:
Exactly the same reasons for Habesohn's shot and the following Ma Lin's face expression. Great stuff

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Great job Dan. Fun video once again.

My vote went for the FZD around the net shot. It is not as flashy as some and many people won't see it as the best, but it is the shot with the highest degree of difficulty and that angle he gets is amazing.

Reactions: Dan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2012
Well I went for Ma Long and the drop shot.

Tempted by Habeshon just for the look on Ma Lin's face. However in the end best shot ought to go to skill rather than luck or showboating. To me the skill full shots are Timo Boll, Ma Long and Fan Zhendong.

Not sure I understand the popularity of No 10. This looks to me like some thing the player has deliberately practiced in training to provide a showboat finish. It is hitting a shot and then turning backwards for a spin. Doesn't seem remotely natural and never something which would happen without prior practice nor something which conveys any technical playing advantage. Maybe I am wrong but that's how it seems to me.

Happy Christmas All.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Koki by a clear mile! Doing that with such pace while still running after that amazing counterloop rally is defenitely one of the most awesome shots I've ever seen :D Szilard is cool too but his shot isn't a winner, is not as cool to me ^^

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Glad you like this years video guys! Thanks for helping with selecting these awesome shots to finalise a top 10 video.

What an amazing year it has been once again! It's really difficult to choose the best one. Numbers 2,4,5,7,9 are my favourites :D
But I will go with the one that amazed me most when I saw it the first time. And that's Robinot's shot :p

Hopefully this video will go viral again, great promotion for table tennis! :)

Haha realised this is my 300th post! A new TTD milestone reached hah :D

Haha a milestone well done EditingSports! I agree each shot has it's brilliance and creativity but Robinot's really did stand out once it was done. Infact that shot went viral with over 1.5 million views!

Merry XMAS buddy!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2012
i vote for FZD...a difficult shot...most of the other shots are as many have posted in this poll are lucky shots even the players may also feel they are lucky to have made those shots, but they're cool anyway, fun, and amazing!!!belated merry Christmas every one...and a prosperous new year to all!!!....i missed being on line during the christmas but i did not miss the deadline of submitting my vote, hehehe!!!:):):)

This user has no status.
I think kenta's flying across the table backhand was impressive, but overrated. I was more impressed by xx's crossover footwork in return his backhand shot. (The point was also a cheap point, since he only got it because he skimmed the edge.) Very tough call for me. It is a tossup between gionis and koki, with kanabe in close second. I'm not going to vote for fan, cause i'm not entirely convinced he isn't doping. Wth, gionis it is.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
I agree, lucky shots shouldn't be in the '2013 best shots list', or at most one lucky
shot is enough.
I vote for Timo, his shot has everything: timing, technique, placement, ...
And he did that against one of the best (if not the best) topspin counter-loop
players.
FZD's shot is also my second choice.

Please don't vote for the 'lucky' shots...

I voted Timo Boll's backhand overtake.. amazing!!