Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hey everyone,

So the next line up in store for us is the Volkswagon Cup 2011 being held in Guangzhou. The tournament is starting this Wednesday and Thursday. Great news as it will be streamed on ITTV.

The Draw

draw for VW mens.jpg draw for VW womens.jpg
www.ittf.com

Men Singles

1) Timo Boll
2) Wang Hao
3) Jun Mizutani
4) Vladimir Samsonov
5) Joo Se Hyuk
6) Chuang Chih Yuan
7) Michael Maze
8) Tang Peng

Timo_Boll.jpg

Women Singles

1 LI Xiaoxia CHN
2 FENG Tianwei SIN
3 KIM Kyung Ah KOR
4 FUKUHARA Ai JPN
5 LI Jiao NED
6 WU Jiaduo GER
7 SHEN Yanfei ESP
8 JIANG Huajun HKG

Img214204946.jpg

Photo By: Ayoade Ademakinwa

So who is going to win this event? Are you looking forward to it, comment below guys

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
I'm glad that Timo gets to play Wang Hao again, he needs to figure out the best way to play him until WTTC.
Winners: Wang Hao and Li Xiaoxia.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Michael Maze in Volkswagen Cup 2011: comeback of the year!Go Michael.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Winners of the first round, Timo, Jun, (I don't know about Vladi or Joo, I like Joo a lot but I'm going to say Vladi), Wang. Second round, Timo, Joo if he beat Vladi, Wang Hao if not. Finals, (if Timo and Joo) Timo, 4-1, (If Timo/Wang) Wang Hao 4-2.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Winners of the first round, Timo, Jun, (I don't know about Vladi or Joo, I like Joo a lot but I'm going to say Vladi), Wang. Second round, Timo, Joo if he beat Vladi, Wang Hao if not. Finals, (if Timo and Joo) Timo, 4-1, (If Timo/Wang) Wang Hao 4-2.

You actually think that if Joo beats Samsonov he would win against Wang Hao? I definitely have my doubts about that. Joo gets lucky and beats a Chinese player every once in a while, but on any day, the overwhelming odds is that the Chinese player, and especially Wang Hao, would win.

I really don't see anyone beating Wang Hao in this tournament. Boll's chances are the highest and even then I would say its probably only a 15-20 percent chance

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
You actually think that if Joo beats Samsonov he would win against Wang Hao? I definitely have my doubts about that. Joo gets lucky and beats a Chinese player every once in a while, but on any day, the overwhelming odds is that the Chinese player, and especially Wang Hao, would win.

I really don't see anyone beating Wang Hao in this tournament. Boll's chances are the highest and even then I would say its probably only a 15-20 percent chance

I'd normally agree with you but you have to take Wang Hao's recent back injury into account, I guess that's why sehskyle picked Joo instead of Wang.
I don't know how fit he is though, he could of course win easily against Joo and Boll.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
The match Timo Boll vs Mizutani was one of the best matches I've ever seen guys,unbelievable!

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
The match Timo Boll vs Mizutani was one of the best matches I've ever seen guys,unbelievable!

Wow i hope its been recorded! Cant wait to see it GECA :)

Ok guys so here is the first instalment of edited matches on youtube thanks to TTProvider! Thanks man your a star!

VW Cup 2011: Wang Hao-Vladimir Samsonov

VW Cup 2011: Wang Hao-Michael Maze

VW Cup 2011: Jun Mizutani-Chuang Chih Yuan

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Wow i hope its been recorded! Cant wait to see it GECA :)

Hey Dan,I saw this match in live streaming on ITTF site.
At the moment only the last set on youtube: