Table Tennis Grip Tape

This user has no status.
Hey TTD,
I was looking to customize my bat in these Summer holidays and I came across grip tapes for the blades.
Basically, grip tapes are like tennis grips in which they thicken the handle of the bat for comfort or more grip or some other reasons.

I did some research on other websites and I found the most common uses of TT grip tapes were:
- comfort and stability on the handle
- looks cooler
- makes handle thicker

Otherwise from those, I could not find any real reason why you should use grip tapes.
Does anyone here use grip tapes for handles and why do you use them? Also what grip tapes?
Thanks,
Eric

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
In Korea, I used TSP grip tape.

I love grip tape as I need it for BOTH reasons OP listed: I sweat a LOT and almost every blade I use has a handle that is too small, all despite my puny paws.

As for looking cool... my bat gets so much battle damage it never looks cool, but sometimes Korean club members ask me to sell them a grip tape to look cool. I carried half a complete TT shop in my ruck playing over there.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I also hear so much why using grip take takes away from the feel for the ball.

To those who feel that way... good for them. What is good for me, whether it is an ALL+ wood blade or an OFF composite blade, I need grip take to make the handle right thickness, not slip away in war, and I can still feel the ball well enough.