Saw this whilst searching youtube… serve like Ma Lin step by step

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Vince I have seen this video and its really good. But seeing today I have a little doubt about whether his rubbers are glued heavily or not. It would be nice to know. Because if you compare his serves with Ma Lin's , Ma is putting a lot more effort , either the guy has impeccable touch or there is something funny in the rubber. Not to take away his skill , which is still required because its not easy to control a glued rubber either , but ... :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Vince I have seen this video and its really good. But seeing today I have a little doubt about whether his rubbers are glued heavily or not. It would be nice to know. Because if you compare his serves with Ma Lin's , Ma is putting a lot more effort , either the guy has impeccable touch or there is something funny in the rubber. Not to take away his skill , which is still required because its not easy to control a glued rubber either , but ...

The difference is that Ma Lin serves low above the net. Those serves are easy to attack.

This user has no status.
Vince I have seen this video and its really good. But seeing today I have a little doubt about whether his rubbers are glued heavily or not. It would be nice to know. Because if you compare his serves with Ma Lin's , Ma is putting a lot more effort , either the guy has impeccable touch or there is something funny in the rubber. Not to take away his skill , which is still required because its not easy to control a glued rubber either , but ... :)

What do you mean by heavily glued?

The difference is that Ma Lin serves low above the net. Those serves are easy to attack.

I have been serving backspin serves at the club I have just joined, one of the players simply attacks it and wins the point instantly.

Mine are obviously too high, when I keep it low, his attack goes into the net. Something I am working on getting more consistent at.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
He does put a lot of backspin on the ball, but i think the most important thing is not to outspin your opponent but deceive him. I win many points by doing no spin serves disguised as back spin and a reverse pendulum with back spin disguised as up spin.

says Back on TTD finally 🥳

I don't think any changes were made to the bat or rubber. Asian rubbers have a lot grip, more than many european rubbers have. And even with european rubbers you can get that backspin in the ball like the guy in the video.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
Sorry buddy, that was a spambot looking for enough posts to be able to post links. Notice how old this thread is. Spambots often do that because it is a machine crawling the site rather than a person looking at content by date.

thx will the mods do something about it? so annoying

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
thx will the mods do something about it? so annoying

Do you see the post by "JudithJohnsonMarch2019" anymore?

If you do not see it, the moderators (that's me) have already done something. That person is gone.

If you mean, will TTDaily find some foolproof way of making it so no spambots ever get onto the site? Well, we have worked hard, the IT department has worked really hard, to make it so this is not possible. And yet the bot developers are pretty amazing at adapting to our attempts. Based on how we vet people trying to become members at this point, I can only assume that it is a human going through the first part, and then setting the bot on the site. So, I am not sure we can stop humans who have tech skills, hacking skills, skills in programming artificial intelligence and who mean to cause harm.

All we can do is delete the ones who slip through the system.

But YOU as an intelligent and active member of the TTDaily community can do your part as well. If you see a thread that is over 5 years old that has been inactive for over 5 years, you should think and question before you respond. Did that post by JJM2019 demonstrate human understanding of the thread content?

If you really ask yourself, the answer is NO. It was generic information that could have been applied to ANY VIDEO posted as were all of JJM2019's posts. All generic info in threads with videos posted.

In one JJM2019 even posted how helpful a video was for learning the skills of TENNIS (note, not table tennis, not ping pong, but Tennis) :). And if you had seen the videos, you would have scratched your head at how that comment came up from that bot as a response to those videos. They were very funny. They could help your TT. But that would not be anyone's response to the comedy presented in those videos.

And the real cue of whether it is a machine is, when it started posting links, the links were about getting you to give money for something that had nothing to do with Table Tennis.

So, if you find yourself on a thread and you look at the date of the posts and all but the most recent one was from years ago, question why that old, dead thread was woken up. Don't just post without seeing relevant content.

Also, if you see something that you think may be a bot, there is a button where you can report the post. That helps us moderators see some of this stuff faster.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Carl , Goon Squad & Co...

Biting the crime.
96b1c2101e1aa951d282f21ba6ffe687.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
Do you see the post by "JudithJohnsonMarch2019" anymore?

If you do not see it, the moderators (that's me) have already done something. That person is gone.

If you mean, will TTDaily find some foolproof way of making it so no spambots ever get onto the site? Well, we have worked hard, the IT department has worked really hard, to make it so this is not possible. And yet the bot developers are pretty amazing at adapting to our attempts. Based on how we vet people trying to become members at this point, I can only assume that it is a human going through the first part, and then setting the bot on the site. So, I am not sure we can stop humans who have tech skills, hacking skills, skills in programming artificial intelligence and who mean to cause harm.

All we can do is delete the ones who slip through the system.

But YOU as an intelligent and active member of the TTDaily community can do your part as well. If you see a thread that is over 5 years old that has been inactive for over 5 years, you should think and question before you respond. Did that post by JJM2019 demonstrate human understanding of the thread content?

If you really ask yourself, the answer is NO. It was generic information that could have been applied to ANY VIDEO posted as were all of JJM2019's posts. All generic info in threads with videos posted.

In one JJM2019 even posted how helpful a video was for learning the skills of TENNIS (note, not table tennis, not ping pong, but Tennis) :). And if you had seen the videos, you would have scratched your head at how that comment came up from that bot as a response to those videos. They were very funny. They could help your TT. But that would not be anyone's response to the comedy presented in those videos.

And the real cue of whether it is a machine is, when it started posting links, the links were about getting you to give money for something that had nothing to do with Table Tennis.

So, if you find yourself on a thread and you look at the date of the posts and all but the most recent one was from years ago, question why that old, dead thread was woken up. Don't just post without seeing relevant content.

Also, if you see something that you think may be a bot, there is a button where you can report the post. That helps us moderators see some of this stuff faster.

Thanks.

Thanks and noted!