Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
IMHO, it'll be Shmyrev v Lupulesku in the finals. And there, Shmyrev will win because he can hit faster than Lupulesku.

Yeah I agree. After watching a few games of Rushton I really think he can make the final. These two semis are going to be great!

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Dan a Question. Why are extranges the rules of this tournaments? 15 points, doble points and what blades and rubbers do they use? Sory my english is bad

This tournament is not involved with table tennis. It is under the ping pong association I believe. They have their own rules in sand paper contests. It is best of 3 up to 15 points. They all use the same bat. It is a sandpaper bat as seen in the picture below, very similar to the traditional hard bats.

bat.jpg

Heh, half of my prediction came true - Shmyrev v Lupulesku in the final.

Good predictions hehe :)

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
Congratulations to Russia's Maxim Shmyrev who has just been crowned Champion at the World Championships of Ping Pong!

champion.jpg

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Well, from the way they call the scores etc, they are not trained umpires. But good control of the matches nevertheless, especially remembering the order of serve after the bonus ball.

Good to hear Tinykin. The umpires from left to right of that photo are as follows: Kelly skeggs, cherith graham, klaudia szadowska, Barbara izyk, kinga oryl, Alex Evans, Ausra stirbyte, Abbie Hutchinson.

This user has no status.
Yeah just heard from Matthew Syed after the match that he plays full time in the Philippines. The sport is huge in the Philippines apparently. How you finding the event TinyKin? Enjoying it?

He's a long pimples player on rubber, but he also plays at a local club as part of their liha (Tagalog term for sandpaper) team. In June last year, Bojan Tokic came to the University of the Philippines for a visit, and one of the funniest matches was when coach Richard played Bojan on sandpaper! It was a pretty bad game for Bojan at 11-1. :p After that, they both played rubber, and I assume you all guessed right, Bojan beat him (with a score of 11-4 or 11-5, if I'm not mistaken) :)

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
He's a long pimples player on rubber, but he also plays at a local club as part of their liha (Tagalog term for sandpaper) team. In June last year, Bojan Tokic came to the University of the Philippines for a visit, and one of the funniest matches was when coach Richard played Bojan on sandpaper! It was a pretty bad game for Bojan at 11-1. :p After that, they both played rubber, and I assume you all guessed right, Bojan beat him (with a score of 11-4 or 11-5, if I'm not mistaken) :)

Haha wow awesome! I really enjoyed his style of play! I wonder if more top players will be attracted to this sandpaper event?