Rubber Problem

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
Hey Guys,

I am having some problems with my FH rubber. After gluing my racket like I normally do, and sticking my rubber to my blade. I had a tournament and as soon as I started playing, I could see and feel that something was wrong with my FH rubber. So I took it off and noticed a big patch of no glue towards the middle of the rubber. Now the issue is that I changed rubber on my FH from tenergy 05 fx to tibhar 1Q and with both rubbers, I had a big patch of no glue towards the middle of the rubber. Therefore I am starting to think that it is an issue with the blade I am using.

The blade I am using is Timo Boll ALC which is brand new(3 months old). The interesting thing is that before this blade, I also had timo boll ALC and had the exact same problem on my FH side. The reason why I changed it was because I believed my blade must have been faulty, but after experiencing the exact same thing with my new blade (timo boll ALC) I am starting to think that it may be a Butterfly manufacturing problem

What I want to now is if any of you had a similar problem to this? Any ideas on what I should do to fix the problem?

says Back on TTD finally 🥳
Do you rub off the old glue off your bat? Every time I glue a new rubber I remove the glue rests by using abrasive paper. Of course just a very fine one. I remove alle the glue rests from the bat and then glue the new rubber. Maybe theres a bigger spot of glue on the middle of your bat, so there the rubber doesn't glue.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
my blade is not vanished..... i am using butterfly glue free chack......i put one layer of glue on both rubber and blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
the rubbers were new so I didnt need to rub off any glue.... i have removed the glue from the blade though before re-applying glue

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I believe this is gluing job problem.
Blades cant be "faulty" like this, unless the surface is vanished etc.

Try put a second layer on your rubber.
I believe your first layer is too thin.

Butterfly Free Chack is not a thick glue, and when you peel off, it is normal to not see glue residue due to the thin glue and not enough glue.
Especially new rubbers/sponges that it is so dry that it suck in the glue and not leaving much on the sponge surface for you to see.

Imo only glue once the sponge surface is sticky, if it is not sticky enough (ie one thin layer) then you will have the same problem.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

Yes, because these "tensor" rubbers are preboosted, and they suck a lot of glue, so much that it is not on the surface of the rubber any more.
If you put a second layer, i'm almost certain your problem is fixed - I experienced the same before with Free Chack

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Yes, like Tony explained, even with water based glues, it is possible to have a bad glue job and it will ruin your match play in a hurry. I got a new rubber once and my coach herself put it on, and in my lesson, I was really missing the shot real bad, it was obvious it was the glue job. I did the lesson with another bat and she re-glued the rubber, been fine since.

This user has no status.
One possible way is to use soft sandpaper to polish the surface of blade very gently. This can make the blade more rough rather than too smooth. I tried this method on Stiga CL-CR, where CR means UV treated surface. It intended to be faster but the surface seems too smooth for glue-rubber. The feeling of removing rubber from blade is like removing banana skin.
Hope this may help. Good luck.

This user has no status.
I think I know what the problem is here. What you should do is put a thicker layer of glue on the blade. If you put a thin layer the glue will sync into the wood at some places on the blade and it will not stick at all so putting a thicker layer of glue will solve it.

Also putting 2 layers on the sponge of the rubber will make it more sticky.