Who is best - Zhang Jike or Ma Long?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
Could you plz show me who is "everyone" you are talking about? probably you (as I did mention somewhere in another topic) are the only one who has a fair view and I personally enjoy reading your posts. Then Im sorry if my posts showing my look down on somebody else bias viewpoint might bother you.. Frankly, I am not and never ZJK hater, all I dislike and disrespect is just the unmotivated word from ZJK's fans

Dude isnt it true ? The same thing could be said when ZJK crushed ML in kuwait open and every ML fan said that ML didnt play good. In fact everytime ML loses every fan on youtube starts blaming him for "not being himself". Nobody can win forever no matter how good he is. ZJK lost to takakiwa ML lost to koki niwa, so what?

In the grand finals the only player who was truly motivated to win it was FZD, none of the other 4 were choeing or getting passionate about it. ZJK was 2-0 up and dominating ML and then he literally played like the match was over. If he won the 3rd set and eventually the match what would you say and what everybody else would say also?

I will point this out one more time we will never know who is better untill they meet on a grand slam tournament. And one more thing, check waldner's pro tour wins. Then check wang hao wang liqin ma lin liu guoliang and kong linghui pro tour wins. After you do that check the medals of waldner in world championships and then the medals of the chinese in world championships. I hope you get my point, cheers !

says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
Dude isnt it true ? The same thing could be said when ZJK crushed ML in kuwait open and every ML fan said that ML didnt play good. In fact everytime ML loses every fan on youtube starts blaming him for "not being himself". Nobody can win forever no matter how good he is. ZJK lost to takakiwa ML lost to koki niwa, so what?

In the grand finals the only player who was truly motivated to win it was FZD, none of the other 4 were choeing or getting passionate about it. ZJK was 2-0 up and dominating ML and then he literally played like the match was over. If he won the 3rd set and eventually the match what would you say and what everybody else would say also?

I will point this out one more time we will never know who is better untill they meet on a grand slam tournament. And one more thing, check waldner's pro tour wins. Then check wang hao wang liqin ma lin liu guoliang and kong linghui pro tour wins. After you do that check the medals of waldner in world championships and then the medals of the chinese in world championships. I hope you get my point, cheers !
Grand Slam champions was not best in pro tours but this not proves anything. If a player wins so many pro tours like Ma Long, then there is no reason for him to not become one of the greatest player of all time.
Wang Hao won his WTTC title when he was 25-26. Ma Long is now 25 and he will be 26 in 2015 WTTC. If he can win that and win another World Cup or reach the final of 2016 Olympic Games then he would be another great player in history of table tennis. We have to wait and see.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
ZJK was so emotional after beating ML. That is understandable after so many talks of ML better than him. ZJK said comparing to all the titles, the matches within CNT are always the most difficult. ML said before the match that many see beating ZJK as their number one goal, including himself. Being the Grand Slam Champ is just not easy. Obviously ZJK learnt from his last mistakes and adapted well.

Reactions: ttmonster
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
Grand Slam champions was not best in pro tours but this not proves anything. If a player wins so many pro tours like Ma Long, then there is no reason for him to not become one of the greatest player of all time.
Wang Hao won his WTTC title when he was 25-26. Ma Long is now 25 and he will be 26 in 2015 WTTC. If he can win that and win another World Cup or reach the final of 2016 Olympic Games then he would be another great player in history of table tennis. We have to wait and see.

That was not my point :p. I was trying to say that great players rise to the occasion. Waldner and ZJK have in common that they dont care about pro tours or league records and they both played fantastic table tennis when everybody expected them to do so

Reactions: ttmonster
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 3 reviews
My two cents about the bout between ML and ZJK is that ML is always want to play backhand to backhand rally with ZJK...and for that, he always loses a couple of points which cost ML this match ultimately...we know these two players too well right?...one with forehand-oriented player in ML and one with backhand-oriented in ZJK...it is as simple as that, someone play somebody else game normally will spell disaster...ML not pivot as much as he did before prior WTTC 2013 as far as I concerned...that's worrying for me if u ask me..