Timo Boll Spirit

This user has no status.
5 out of 5 rating for Timo Boll Spirit

The Boll spirit is a classic blade and will be for years to come.

The reason for it's popularity is that any style of player can use it and get success from it. It has great control for a carbon blade, better than a lot of the faster wood blades. You can get the speed you need easily and never disappoints.

It's my first pick every time.

lgreggs

Reactions: TableTennisNerd
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 6 reviews

I bought this blade to try and achieve more speed, control and feeling in my game and it did exactly that . You can do anything with this blade from short push to topspin shots. It's comfortable to hold and easy to block with . This blade will accompany a fast rubber like tenergy because it will complement the speed and control of the rubber. I cannot find any floors in this product. The anatomic handle is very comfortable for this product. Would highly recommend this to anyone who has an offensive game !

Reactions: Dan

There not much to say, The best, amazing, the feeling! If you dont have it, buy it and you will probably never change and never regret that buy. I've played with many blades and my last one before was Viscaria, I was really satisfied but there was something missing. Go for it!

Reactions: TableTennisDaily
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Read 11 reviews

This blade has great feeling on the hand when playing my shots. It also gives me the speed that I need to use whilst playing close and away from the table. The blade also has great feeling for blocking shots aswell as strong attacks.

The weight is very good because it is not to heavy and is comfortable enough to play and train for a few hours with no problem. Currently i am using Stiga Boost TC and Donic Acuda rubbers which work well with this blade.

I don't actually see any cons to this blade on a performance scale however price can be quite but you are paying for what you get... good premium product.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Read 4 reviews

I'd say this blade is really, really good, it's quite popular around the world and I've just started playing with it and I can easily understand why, the touch feels really good, very compatible with the rubbers, it's a fast blade but fits a professional player as well as a non-professional player. It's not very heavy either, just about right, if there are people here looking to try out/buy a butterfly-blade, I'd definetly recommend this one, I'm out, peace.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 3 reviews

quality blade, quite fast but still good consistency and control. Would recommend to any all round attacking player!
Been using mine for a while now and still performing well :)

A great 7 plies composite blade from butterfly,Materials: Koto-ALC-Limba-Kiri-Limba-Alc-Koto. TBS is one of the best selling composite blade by butterfly. It has the same construction as Timo Boll Alc, Viscaria and zjk blade. Although there will be differences due to different thickness of each ply from those other blade but over all it's great. Medium Feeling, Crisp sound, less vibration due to arylate carbon and also It's more cheaper compare to other ALC blades out there c:. Suggested for players that's demanding for power but control at the same time too

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2016
Read 1 reviews

The spirit blade is good but the short game for me is poor, I lose more points than I win as i touch and push into the net apart from that it's a good bat also very good for top to top rallies

Reactions: Dan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 1 reviews

Overall, this is a wonderful blade made by butterfly. Looping on both sides have a lot of control and help create heavy spin, however, lacks some power when very far away from the table. This is a blade made for people who rather play close to mid distance.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2017
Read 2 reviews

Hi,

Let's start with my playstyle : Modern attacker, forehand oriented, I loop with power and/or spin long balls with my forehand. With the backhand I can loop too but I'm more passive, usually pushing and waiting for an opportunity to attack with my forehand. Sometimes i also like to let the opponent take the initiative and just block his attacks. Changing the gameplay is something I can easily do with this blade (except maybe Joo-Sae-Hyuk's type of defense but I never tried it and I'm noob with it anyway).

I bought this blade 2 years ago with 2 JOOLA Rhyzm 2,1mm on forehand and 1,9mm on backhand. Then I tried it with Tenergy 05 2,1mm on forehand and 1,9mm on backhand.
This blade was my first real big investment in TT material and I don't regret it.
The feeling is really great, I've never felt the ball as well as with a TBS. This gives me a really good control in all compartiments of the game. The speed is there if needed but I can also attack slowly with lots of spin if I want to change the pace. This blade is perfect for my playstyle and I won't change it for a long time.

I can honestly say that my TBS helped me to improve. But I had decent skills before buying it. So if you're a beginner or at a low level, don't bother buying such a blade as you need some skills already to feel the difference with more common blades. Go to train with a simple Banco Magic Light and once the skills are there, having this kind of blade is a NEED.

One last thing : take good care of it, if you damage it, even a little, you will probably feel little vibrations while hitting the ball and that's when you know it won't be the same anymore.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Read 3 reviews
4 out of 5 rating for Timo Boll Spirit

The standout feature of this blade is its good speed, spin and control. It’s the benchmark which all other carbon blades are based on.

Topspin: you get good dwell time when looping, very spinny and controlled at all speeds.

Counter play: again very good, plenty of spin, power and control at all distances.

Consistency: very consistent with all types of rubber.

Short Game: good for flicks, chopping, pushing, the lot.

Blocking: very good, nice and controlled.

Smashing: smashing is nice and controlled with plenty of power, no complaints here.

Feeling: this is where many players differ in opinion. I personally hate the feeling of this blade compared to other blades as it feels almost like glass, but I know others who find it okay. This isn’t good for developing players as feeling vibration feedback is helpful when learning.

Conclusion: the Boll Spirit is a very good blade which works well with all types of rubber, but really does shine with tenergy 05.

Rubber advice: tenergy 05 fh (max) and tenergy 05fx or 05 bh (max or 1.9).

Should you buy this blade? If you can find it, have the money and want a balanced, fast but yet controlled blade, then yes (most players agree the heavier blades 88g+ play better). If you can’t find this blade but want something similar then go for the Boll ALC, it’s basically the same blade but a notch faster and updated for the plastic ball. If you are a beginner and are learning to loop then I would go with a korbel, virtuoso, Nittaku acoustic or a slower carbon blade depending on your price range.