Timo Boll ZLF

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
5 out of 5 rating for Timo Boll ZLF

The only downside to this blade is, I do think it is a bit expensive. But this is a great blade. I love this blade. This is my blade of choice. It is crisp and the topsheet is hard but the Zylon under the topsheet gives it softness, great dwell time and a lot of spin. When you really dig into the ball you feel a snap that I just love feeling when I crush the ball. It has great control. It is not too fast but it has more than enough speed. Because there is Zylon but there is no carbon you can feel the ball on the blade face really well. It has as good feeling as any all wood blade but the Zylon gives this blade extra gears. It has control and touch for short game, a ton of spin for looping and more than enough speed when you dig into it. This blade might lose a little pace when you are back from the table. But I have to say that I don't actually notice this. I feel I can use it at any distance. It combines really well with Tenergy 05 and 05 FX.

I really think this is one of the best blades out there.

This user has no status.

I wanted to find a softer version of the Timo Boll ALC. I took a chance and bought this. I think it's a unique blade and probably useful for a lot of players.
Compared to the TB ALC, it's softer and slower. It also has a much higher throw. You can feel exactly where the ball hit the racket. My backhand has improved with this blade. The lift of the higher arc is good for third ball attacks from backhand. The balance with Tenergy 64 is perfect. i really like the dimensions of this blade, a tad bit smaller than Innerforce. The blade has a crisp feel and a harder touch in the short game. When playing away from the table the sound is just great. Away from the table the TB ALC is better, but i find the ZLF better in all other aspects. The downside is the price. I also find that the edges are starting to chip away, since I do a lot of heavy pushes which slams the racket to the table. Woody feel, but with the stability that ZL fiber has. Mine is 86 grammes.

Reactions: romanzdk
This user has no status.

(i was playing Timo Boll ALC before that, which i liked, but it was way too fast, so i tried this blade)
at first i did not like it. i thought everything is disaster about it. i felt it has too narrow handle (FL), too much catapult, too flexible.. however i gave it a second chance and what a decision it turned out to be.

after few weeks of playing this blade i really fell in love with it. nowadays it is my blade of choice and is in the top 3 blades list.
what i like about it the most is the crisp feel and control. its not carbon so you can feel the woody feel, but the zylon gives it extra gears and the spin.. i have not owned more spinny blade yet, its just awesome. the overall feel is soft, there are some little vibrations and flex. you can play any type of shot with this blade - i really enjoy flat hitting/smash killing with it, but as i said - every shot with this blade is a joy.
the only downsides i can see are price and somewhat "fragile" edges.
mine weights 85g.

(this is my first blade review in english, so i am sorry for not the best phrases and grammar, but i felt i have to write review about this blade)