Clipper CR

This user has no status.
4 out of 5 rating for Clipper CR

I've tried the Clipper CR Legend version 88grams. The one thing that stands out in this blade is its ability for excellent attack and defence. I used Tenergy 05 and Boost TX and it was good for consistent looping and blocking. When I changed to SpinArt in FH and Globe 888, which is a medium pimples rubber, I was surprised that I can attack well with the pimples in BH. Truly, Clipper series are good with pimple rubbers especially short and medium pimples which require a more hitting stroke. The direct feel of the Clipper CR, thanks to the hardened outer ply helped in making shots faster and accurate. But the outer ply is not that hard because of the thin limba that served as excellent wood for allowing touch shots and looping. Serves are good, blocks are better, looping is consistent. It is a very complete blade that can compete with even the composite ones.

This user has no status.

I have tried the Clipper CR, CC and Oversize. Clippers give great feedback and control and the CR gives control without the blade being too fast. I myself like harder blades, so i went with the CC instead of CR, but you do lose some of the control with the CC. The Clipper CR is a good starting point to learn control and develop/define your strokes without breaking the bank.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2015
Read 4 reviews
5 out of 5 rating for Clipper CR

I think this blade is perfect for an all round attacker as it is very light and helps you reach a great speed.

This user has no status.

The Stiga Clipper CR (and CR WRB) is a great blade for developing players (and more!).

Lots of control, suitably fast. This blade has no weaknesses and can be used by defenders, blockers, hitters, spinners...
The drawback is that it does not shine in one particular aspect. For a pure topspinner / defender / blocker, other blades are likely better suited.

In particular, if you want power in your shots, it has to come from you, so over a whole tournament, this can be physically demanding.

The Stiga quality can be a bit hit and miss, and the weights can vary. Most good blades will be 90+ grammes.

The speed is sufficient, and the control is very good. Throw is medium.

The Clipper is a great blade, with a small price. Any player getting coaching should try one. It is the perfect blade to improve your game.

With the new ball, more advance players looking for power can consider a faster blade. Some Pros still play with Clipper but they are fitter than most league players.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2016
Read 10 reviews

I have tried both clipper cr and clipper wood.Speed is medium fast.Cr version is slightly faster and easier for rubber removal.The 7 ply wood construction adds stability to your shot.Sweet spot is average.Nice pair with dhs hurricane neo or other chinese rubbers but requires chinese looping styles.I have tried the cr version with scylla long pimples as well. Nothing impressive but rather controllable for a wooden blade.I think japanese player ishikawa had used it for quite some time before switching to current blade.

says Hi, I am a life-long table tennis enthusiast and...
says Hi, I am a life-long table tennis enthusiast and...
Mar 2014

The Clipper CR WRB is a well-balanced, light (or so it feels), and linear blade for close-to-the-table control- and spin-oriented all-round players. The blade reminds me most closely of a more robust version of the DHS Power G7. When combined with relatively moderately fast rubbers like DHS Hurricane 3 Neo, the set-up lacks penetrating power, especially far from the table. Fast European or Japanese rubbers are likely a better fit for this blade in the modern 40+ era and will result in set-ups with a lovely balance for looping, blocking, short game and flat hitting. I think the blade is suitable for intermediate and advanced players, including kids, who are looking for a blade with a more solid feeling than typical 5-ply all-wood blades. For the full review, see: https://blog.tabletennis11.com/four-stiga-blades