Clipper

This user has no status.
4 out of 5 rating for Clipper

One of the best blades I have used. The combination of the soft wood layers and the hard wood layers make it a great blade. Perfect for athlete development, since it can perform well in any situation. Since the blade is a little faster, heavier and hard it can be difficult to perform touch play (short pushes, flicks and stop pushes).

Reactions: Flash Gordon
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2014
Read 9 reviews
5 out of 5 rating for Clipper

Great blade from Stiga, I'm not surprised that it's one of the best selling blades and very popular in asia. Suits the most all round to offensive players who likes hard blades. I really like it especially from mid distance where I can get full use of the power in the blade. It's pretty fast but still got good control, but definitely a blade for more advanced players who got some years of experience. Not so much to complain about a great blade overall, 5 out of 5!

Reactions: Flash Gordon
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 6 reviews

I followed my friends and some of the members on this forums advice to get myself a Clipper. I felt like my last blade was to fast and hard to control for me so i thought that this blade could be a better alternative, and it was. I have not played with the Clipper for that long but i already like it very much. It got the control and feeling i was looking for but it still got plenty of speed and i can get the full use of my strokes.

i have it easier to get my returns and serves short with good quality and i get a good connection with the ball, flicks also works great.

It took a few practises to get fully used to a new blade but after adjusting my strokes a little i only feel likes it’s getting better and better. thanks for those who recommended me this blade and i will also edit this review and make it longer when i have played with the blade some more weeks.

says Hi, I am a life-long table tennis enthusiast and...
says Hi, I am a life-long table tennis enthusiast and...
Mar 2014

The Stiga Clipper is a fast and stiff blade that likely is best suited for the close-to-the-table attacker, who likes to play off the bounce. Players across a wide range of skill levels can use this blade with proper rubber pairing, ranging from intermediate to professional players. The blade’s inherent stiffness is mellowed by a relatively medium-soft contact point, which allows for decent spin generation. While the Clipper does not win any one category (i.e., loop, smash, serve, short game, etc), it offers a balanced mix of characteristics, rendering it a logical choice for many players. To me, the Stiga Clipper feels like a stiffer version of my regular blade, i.e., the Tibhar Samsonov Force Pro Black Edition, while my other blade of choice, i.e., the Stiga Rosewood NCT VII, is a little slower while offering a slightly harder feeling on ball impact. The regular Clipper is stiffer, faster, and lower-throwing than the Clipper CR WRB version that I tested on an earlier occasion and, therefore, a little harder to control. For full details, see: https://blog.tabletennis11.com/review-four-7-ply-all-wood-blades

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Read 2 reviews
4 out of 5 rating for Clipper

Backstory : Bought this blade in China in 2018 so I got the "China version" "hologram sticker" version. Played with it for about half a year and then changed to Petr Korbel. After I changed to harder rubbers (mx-p 50 example) I felt they worked better with the Clipper, so I changed back and have played with it since.
I´m 17 right now and have trained consistently since I was 10.

Feeling :
At the moment I play with Hurricane 3 Neo (boosted) and Stiga Mantra H. Like I said I feel that harder rubbers fit well on this blade. Because of the stiffness it's very consistent, hitting hard won’t make the blade flex too much. Not as much vibration as a 5 ply blade but still a bit more than a carbon blade. The blade gives nice feedback when you hit a shot where the ball goes into the sponge. On normal hits you get a little *thud* feeling. Not as much as an allround/offensive classic.

Attacking shots :
The more power you put in the better.
FH & BH loops feel great especially when you hit the ball at its highest point. If you let the ball drop too much it's a bit harder to hit a good shot compared to a 5 ply blade. The blade excels in harder shots, you get the nice crack feeling and the ball goes on the table with great power (speed & spin)

Punch shots with the backhand are great because it's a hard and direct shot which goes hand in hand with the blades characteristics.

Passive shots :

It is a block machine, it has the perfect level of stiffness and speed to make blocking a breeze.
Long & short pushes are nothing special, I wouldn’t blame the blade if I made an error in this area.

Conclusion :
Like I said it’s a do it all blade. It’s really hard to blame the blade if you miss a shot. I’d recommend this blade to anyone who has trained for at least 4-5 years and up. Before then I'd recommend a 5 ply wood blade because they're easier to play with. This blade has so many gears that even people in the highest leagues use it and even some Chinese National Team players before the new plastic ball.

What rubbers fit well?
The blade works really well with harder rubbers as long as you can make the ball sink into the sponge. Softer rubbers work as well and it will definitely help with looping the lower balls.