Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
5 out of 5 rating for Tenergy 05

This rubber is used by many around the world! It is ideal because it lasts a very long time and has a tremendous balance between speed, spin and control. I find I am able to generate great speed when needed but also able to maintain control in the serves and shot game.

Away from the table you can get great arc on the ball, and even when out of postiion you can use the rubbers built in spring sponge to propel the ball over the table. I sometimes find blocking slightly difficult if the ball has been hit hard, due to the rubbers hardness. Overall an excellent rubber!

Reactions: RIPPER and gjcbento
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

This is one of my favorite rubbers. The sponge is amazing it lets you feel the ball better and it gives you a greater window for contact. If your contact is a little off you can still really get the ball to sink into the sponge and spin the heck out of it. It is not too fast so it has plenty of control. It is very spinny and more than fast enough. It does so many things well. It is good for serving; you can make your serves very spinny when you want, you can keep them low. It is good for giving back spinny returns or for flipping the return. It is good for looping close to the table, at mid-distance, and is still pretty decent if you have to get backed up. This is the rubber I like best for my forehand. But I could use it for my backhand as well.

says Youtube channel...
says Youtube channel...
Dec 2012
Read 7 reviews

This is the rubber I've played with probably 7 years now. I have used it all that time as my BH rubber and nearly all the time as FH too (I used XIOM omega V Asia as FH rubber a couple of years until changing that also back to Tenergy 05) . IMO the best part with this rubber is its control that allows you to really do what you want with your strokes while letting you still hit the ball with a great speed and spin.

Another great thing with this rubber is that it is good for many different playing styles. No matter if your playing style is very aggressive or more block/defence sorted, this rubber fits you really well.

The only bad side with this rubber (IMO) is that it doesn't maybe last as long as other rubbers. I think the rubbers' grip gets worse faster than other rubbers I've tried. I have still been able to use it 2-3 months while playing a lot (5-10 times/week), but I know many that likes to change the rubber every 1 month. Remember that this is though from a perspective of a player who play(ed) a lot every day and week.

This rubber combined with a Timo Boll Forte- bat is simply awesome. That is the combination I've enjoyed to play the game for several years. If you want to try a rubber with good speed, great spin and awesome control - Tenergy 05 is a great choice :)

This user has no status.

This rubber is the type of rubber that if you use once you're hooked. It's well balanced and flexible and reasonably forgiving. It's also durable. This is the defining rubber of the post speed glue era. I am interested to see if it will hold up it's reputation against the new plastic balls.

Reactions: RIPPER
says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
Mar 2011
Read 8 reviews

This rubber is by far the best forehand rubber I've ever used. I'll use the next lines to explain why:

I'll review this as a forehand rubber, as I use it for my forehand only. I've used the T05 on many different blades, both carbon and all-wood, and it is the only rubber I've tried so far that have worked just as good on all the different blades! The rubber is spinny, but not tacky, it's fast but not uncontrollable, and it is playing good both with and without boosters.

Good control in the short game, great spin when looping, and easy to play both fast and slow without making to many adjustments.

Only "con" is the price, but you know, it's totally worth it. Normally I would have to change my rubbers every 3rd week, but this can be used for 4-5 weeks. Please keep in mind that I practice and play a lot, so if you only play once or twice in a week you won't have to change for about 4-5 months. On the other hand, why do you need this rubber if you only play once in awhile? The rubber won't make you a better player, you'll have to find a rubber that suits you.

Remember: it's not the racket that plays bad, it is the guy holding it!

Reactions: Dan and TTHopeful
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 6 reviews

Tenergy o5 is my choice of rubber. It allows you to play an offensive game with loops from anywhere close or away from the table . Despite the speed , it's great on the short game for serves and touching , receiving is easy whether flicking or digging long . I love blocking with the rubber as the spring sponge technology allow absorption of the speed . I use this on my forehand and backhand sides , would recommend to all offensive players.

says Do you guys have streaks where you are just not playing...
says Do you guys have streaks where you are just not playing...
Jun 2011
Read 6 reviews

The fact that almost every single Non Butterfly sponsored pro - (think of anyone you like) sponsored by other Manufacturers refuse to use anything other than Tenergy says it all.

Reactions: TTHopeful
This user has no status.

One of the best Offensive rubbers ever existed. It can perform all offensive shot with ease, providing the player with the consistency required for hard shots. Gives the player so much room to work offensive plays in any situation.

No wonder why everyone uses T05 on the FH.

This user has no status.

Nothing that has not been said about this rubber.
Durability used to be better than other rubbers, but they have imporoved so no more advantage here. Price however is far too high.
Rubber can be too hard on a hard blade in my opinion, but since it's very linear it's very controlable.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Read 14 reviews
4 out of 5 rating for Tenergy 05

A great rubber with both the Speed and control and I'm not surprised that so many pros are using it! It's a rubber for advanced players so don't buy it just because many pros are using it if you don't have the skill for it. But if you do have the skills the Tenergy 05 is a deadly weapon!

Sadly I must also complain a little bit about the price like everyone else but if you got the cash for it I recommend it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2014
Read 9 reviews
4 out of 5 rating for Tenergy 05

I use this for my forehand and it gives me the power combined with the control that I need! The quality of this rubber is really good and I think it works great for all offensive players who plays with a lot of topspin. It's a durable rubber but because of the price I only give it 4/5 stars.

Excellent rubber for producing heavy strong topspin. Its very spinny & fast too, but I personal find its strength most noticeable when grazing the ball at high speeds.I used this rubbers and they are amazing,I recommend this rubbers for everyone who can spend money on this expensive rubbers.

The biggest problem is price.

This user has no status.

So.....probably the most loved piece of rubber ever since the Sriver dominated, with a unprecedented market domination in the pro scene.
It achieved all these with the highest price tag as well, peaking off at 50 GBP a piece at retail in the UK, and also a much shorter usable lifespan than its major competitors from the 3rd generation of ESN Tensors.
So how does the T05 stay on top even though the 4th gen ESNs have proven themselves to be very very good with a lower pricetag?

The answer is really with the sponge.
I first tried it back in 2011, after I tried almost every 3rd gen Tensor ESNs (Baracuda, Vega etc...) and all the Bryce variables available on the market. I was skeptical about buying a rubber that costed 80 SGD back then and often hearing bad stuffs about it such as it shrinking relatively quickly, the edges crumbles easily and the surfaces becoming slippery after some heavy usage. Went for it anyways and have never looked back ever since. The feel of the ball transmitted from the sponge to your hand is just unreal. It honestly felt like nothing I have used before at that point. I could feel the ball so clearly that i could simply do more....stuff with it dwelling on the bat.

The spin of the rubber struck me second. I rely heavily on my serves to create shots on the 3rd and 5th ball, so naturally I had spent considerable amount of time practicing all sorts of services. Before I tried the T05, i was usuing Acuda S2 on my FH. That thing simply couldnt generate as much spin as the older Baracuda for some reason. And after the conversion to T05, the increment in spin was so obvious that even my training partners could notice on the first few serves.

The speed wasnt all that amazing for me when I first got the rubber, as I used Bryce Speed FX on my BH for about 4 months before the T05 came in, but one thing I noticed is that the ball goes off the sponge faster than it did on the BSpeed FX. I guess this is both good and bad. On one hand you have a smaller margin of error on your strokes as you have less time to adjust for it once the ball hits the bat, on the other, blocks become slightly easier as I didnt have to use as big a stroke to block off top spins on my FH.

Now for the gripes I have with this rubber. It simply doesnt last as long as the ESN Tensors. The rubber will start to shrink after a month or two and by a huge degree as well. And when the shrinking starts, the grip will start to loosen dramatically as well. It will go as far as to play like an anti-spin rubber. The spin sensitivity was way too high in the beginning for me as well, however, its not a bad thing once i got used to it. It actually turned into a very aggressive weapon when I can push the opponent's serves back with good depth and a huge amount of spin on top of those that came with the serves.

All in all, this was once the best all around rubber one can get without dipping into the unknowns of custom made professional variations of rubbers, however it does come with a lot of trade offs in its price, short lifespan and unforgiving spin sensitivity. Also, as we have started training with the new poly balls recently in preparations for next season, I've found that the rubber couldnt grip the ball as perfectly as it could before with the old celluloid balls. Thus, my serves, pushes and chops are suffering quite a bit with the lack of spin. With this in mind, T05 might not be the best rubber out there for competitive players anymore. However, I have yet to find something with the same excellent all-rounded-ness.

This user has no status.

I recently came back into the game after about 6 years absent because of University. I stopped playing just as Tenergy become hugely popular.
I loved Tenergy, and came back into the game shocked at the huge increase in price - but nevertheless payed the price and got on with it. I loved it.
After four / five months, I realised that the rubber was starting to wear a little bit and would probably need replacing. I then thought about the £100 I would need to spend to replace both sheets.

I decided to try some other rubbers which were 'nearly' as good as Tenergy but a lot cheaper. 7 Rubbers later, I'd spent enough money to buy 6 sheets of Tenergy and concluded that whilst the rubbers were good, nothing can still match the feeling you get from Tenergy 05.

It is great close to the table, and mid-distance. I can chop with it, serve with lots of spin. The 2.1mm version isn't great at smashing the ball, but it's not a weakness by any means. It just isn't as 'crisp'. It certainly has the power to put away any smash.
I'm not sure Tenergy will be beaten anytime soon - only maybe by Butterfly. I just hope they don't keep increasing the price!

Reactions: Dan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Read 11 reviews

This is the best rubber to use if you are an outright topspin player on both wings. It also has good feeling for touch play and also when flicking from a short ball.

I also find that this rubber is great for a half long ball, the grip and topspin the rubber produces could easily add 4 extra points to your game.

When your back from the table the speed and control of the rubber is fantastic, gives you great speed when playing a loop to loop rally, also whilst giving you great control in changing angle.

I have put durability low because i use rubbers everyday and you soon realise after a month or two that the rubber has lost its speed and lots its spark.

This is overall a outstanding if you can afford it.

Reactions: Dan