Tenergy 05 FX

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
5 out of 5 rating for Tenergy 05 FX

I guess the downsides of this rubber are price and durability. It would be nice if something that costs that much lasted a really long time. But, table tennis rubbers don't really last that long for the most part. On the positive side of things, I think this is one of the best rubbers out there for the backhand. The ball sinks in really well so you can generate massive amounts of spin with a great deal of control. With the short stroke of a backhand you can really get spin and pace with this rubber. It is definitely the best rubber I have used for my backhand. It flips great. It loops great. It counter loops great. I spent a lot of time trying to find other rubbers that were good enough. But this really is a top notch rubber.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

In my opinion this is one of the best rubbers for Backhand. This is my favorite backhand rubber. I had this on my racket and a friend who is a pro was using T80. I asked if I could see how his racket played. He had H3 on FH and I wanted to try that. He used my racket and said, "I like your backhand rubber. It is better for backhand than mine. I am going to switch to that!" Hahaha. He saw how easy it was to do over the table backhand loops (banana) with 05FX. Nothing is as good. The ball sinks into the sponge so well on backhand so that you can really spin the ball when you flip. Not as fast for backhand as T64, but a bigger arc and a higher throw angle.

Reactions: Basmundo
This user has no status.

I switched to this rubber from normal 05 on my backhand it saw immediate improvements. Its easy to control and is more forgiving than standard 05. It's great from every distance but is particularly good attacking over the table. I will stick with this rubber for my backhandfrom now on.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2014
Read 4 reviews

I use this on my backhand.

It's one of the most fastest rubber I ever played with. The hardness is medium, it has very good feeling, and very good control on blocking between the new after glue-banish era rubbers. Not so much curve in the topspin trajectory, at the beginning it seems to don't have a great spin but when you get used to the rubber you can manage to do really spinny topspins.

But I'm not agree in one thing with other users seeing the numbers of T05 and T05 FX. For me FX it's faster than the regular version and T05 is more spinny than FX version. I don't understand why people think or feel this that way... maybe because FX it's softer, but for me there is a falacy that says that softer rubbers are more spinny. Softer versions of a rubber have usually a most curve trajectory but less spin IMHO.

Reactions: Dan
This user has no status.

The softer sponge allows for a great touch in the short game but you still have great spin and power when you need it. You can get a massive amount of spin with this rubber, has a lower throw than the normal 05 and is a bit slower. But you get way more control with the 05FX and that is why i like it so much. Good for blocks also but in the offensive game you see the attacking potential of this rubber.

The Tenergy 05-FX is a great backhand rubber, but with a high price.

Speed:
Tenergy 05-FX offers a high amount of speed with out the ball flying off the table.

Control:
It has excellent control. I can block with ease and direct the ball anywhere.

Spin:
This rubber offers great spin. I can create slow spinny backhand loops with fly off my opponents bat because of the underestimated spin.

Overall the best rubber for backhand, only downside is the price and durability. My favorite rubber for backhand period.

This user has no status.

very good rubber for spin-against-spin-actions, short serves with massive spin, short loops and long drive topspin strokes are possible with great arc in flight path! the ball pops out of the rubber at very high angles, so it is possible to close the blade very much and generate immense rotation. another advantage to other rubbers is the feedback feeling when you hit the ball hard, that means you can even change blade position at ball contact so the ball jumps not too high/low.

This user has no status.

I have been using Tenergy 05 FX on my forehand with the Innerforce ZLF blade. This is a very good combination for spin and control. This softer rubber from the Tenergy series gives me lots of control and the spiniest rubber I have ever used. I am not using Tenergy 05 on my forehand because I feel I need more control, touch and spin on the ball. Tenergy 05 FX is a very good rubber to generate lots of spin and gives me more control than 05. you can play close to the table with this rubber and you can generate lots of spin on your serves and short touch. Also when I do spinny topspins against backspin I can generate a lot of spin.

paweltenergy05fx.jpg

i am really happy to use tenergy 05 FX because it gives me a lot of control in my topspin. I am winning alot of points because I can combine spin and speed with my forehand topspin shot. It works very well with my Innerforce ZLF as this blade is designed for spin and control.

Tenergy 05 FX is good for offensive players who know how to play topspin shots with good technique. It is fast but not as fast as Tenergy 64, but it is ffast enough to win good points. When away from the table I have enough power to finish and win the point.

This rubber is not good for beginners or players who have just started. Of course it is very spinny and fast but it is to fast for beginners. You need good technique to handle this rubber. This rubber is created for very offensive players who like power and spinny shots who have good technique and fast movements.

The negative thing about Tenergy is the price, it is around £45-50. it is one of the most expensive on the market however the money is worth it as it is the best rubber on the market for attacking players. In the last year I was using 05 FX on my forehand but next month I am planning to change to normal 05 to generate more power and speed on my forehand topspin.

On my backhand I had Rakasa 7 Soft but I will change for 05 FX to get more grip and quality on my backhand to get lots of spin from my wrist shots on my backhand. This is why next month I will use Tenergy 05 FX on my backhand and Tenergy 05 on my forehand.

paweltenergy05fx1.jpg

paweltenergy05fx2.jpg

This user has no status.

Great rubber for backhand.

While it can be a bit heavy, the T05 FX has a soft sponge which gives a resulting feel around 40-41 degrees hardness.

It's very spinny and has a medium throw, which results in very comfortable blocking and driving.

The feel and control are very good, and the rubber is durable.

Clearly a good rubber, if it wasn't for the price.

says Hi I'm new here I would love to be kept up to date about...
says Hi I'm new here I would love to be kept up to date about...
Nov 2014
Read 4 reviews

This is the third Tenergy I have tried and I feel like I have found just the right one to use for life; I tried Tenergy 80 and 80 FX before this one.

I have tried many rubbers before, DHS Hurricane 3, Donic Easy Slick, Joola Rhyzm Tech, Butterfly Addoy, DHS G888, Tibhar Euro Soft Grip S, Andro Rasant Grip, Butterfly Roundell Soft and a lot more so it was fairly easy for me to notice the clear contrast between this one and the other.

when having opened the package, I could feel that 'Tenergy feeling' of a soft and grippy topsheet that makes the ball sink into the rubber which I absolutely love and the rubber was no doubt built to be in its highest quality.

I currently have this rubber in 1.9mm sponge thickness on both sides of Tibhar Paul Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon and my review will be based on this combination. Having used this combo for a while, I believe I can confidently give you accurate words about my views on this rubber. I hope you enjoy reading this review and find it helpful.

Serving: I could feel the ball being absorbed into the sponge. I totally loved the generous dwell time that allowed me get a great control of it and produce quality intense spin. It is always a pleasure to see the phenomenal amount of spin this rubber is capable to generate and this is where my joy of using this rubber began. Yep, not any particular trouble with serving. Just so impressed that I can now feed my opponents with tons of spin with minimal effort.

Pushes & Blocks: when doing short and long pushes, I found this rubber to have a wide range of gear allowing me to locate the ball at the desired length. Personally, when it comes to blocking, I think the grip of the rubber and the solidness of the blade are the most crucial factors to let me make some quality blocks and I think my blade and rubber did a splendid job here. Only a tiny bit of flex in my blade, not as stiff as Joo Se Hyuk blade I used before. Anyways, Nothing stopped my Tenergy 05 FX from doing its job. It felt firm and consistent when blocking and one thing that surprised and impressed me is it gave me a secure feel even when blocking smashes which did help me more in match situations.

Forehand & Backhand Topspin: Yes, this rubber does have a low throw angle and it admittedly does. However, I found its soft topsheet and sponge let me do the topspin strokes at a closed angle(to be precise 10~20 degrees above the horizontal so fairly flat) with confidence consistently since the ball just soaks into the rubber and sponge easily. And now, this would be one of the most important factors in the match, topspin against backspin(!) This rubber made it comfortable for me to 'lift up'/'brush up' the backspin with ease without much effort. If there're some guys out there struggling with lifting up the backspin, I would definitely recommend this rubber. If the price is the matter, Andro Rasant Grip is one great alternative. I have to say, the major part of this is how easily the ball gets soaked into the rubber and sponge and I think it is one great rubber for everyone. Another fact that I would highly regard is the safety over the net. Needless to say, getting the ball over the net and in the table is the most crucial and a key part to table tennis and it is indeed essential that rubber does the job properly so we can all be confident and consistent with our shots. As a spin orientated offensive all rounder, this is a perfect rubber for me to do all these attacking strokes with high level of consistency and I can safely recommend it to any of my friends who play table tennis in similar style as mine or more offensively.

Loops: I am going to be honest here. I am not so good at doing the backhand loops, especially, around the net or at an extreme angle. So, I will base my review of doing the loops on how I felt when doing the forehand loops. The characteristic of the rubber I have repeatedly mentioned above did help me with doing the quality loops under control. Inside out loop, side spin loop, they were all made easier for me.

In match situations: Even when in the match this rubber allowed me to generate quality spin and shots while not compromising either the control or the consistency. I sometimes tend to be slow with my reactions but the extended dwell time helped me raise the accuracy in my shots.

I understand how unreal this review may sound due to so many positive comments about it. It is how much this rubber has helped me and I can honestly recommend it to all intermediate players like me. The only drawbacks are as mentioned above; I am not saying the rubber is a total slime but it is not as durable compared to Andro Rasant Grip for example and yeah, obviously Tenergy rubbers are pricy for their names and technology but still the pricing of these rubbers is a bit exorbitant. I saw many reviews saying this rubber is for backhand. However, I disagree, I think this rubber provides amazing control for both forehand and backhand.

This review is not on how I felt about this rubber straight out of the packaging. I took some time to get to know the rubber. It took me a bit of time to get used to its feel and trajectory so I can make suitable adjustments to my strokes. Personally, I wouldn't recommend it to the proper choppers who like chopping far from the distance.

To save you some fortunes, I recommend you to try DHS A4002 as a starter. This pre-assembled bat is a quality one for its price; costs around 14~16 GBP on Amazon. It has Hurricane 3 on FH and G888 on BH. It can be bought cheap on Amazon which is where I bought mine as well.

Then move onto customizing your bats. get Andro Rasant Grip on both sides of Paul Drinkhall Allround Classic which is a controlled version of my current blade, Paul Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon.

When you are seeking for more spin and speed, then move onto Tenergy and maybe faster blade as well:)

Thank you for reading my review. I hope you found it informative and helpful:)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2018
Read 1 reviews
4 out of 5 rating for Tenergy 05 FX

I am a modern defensive player who attacks on the forehand with tenergy 05fx and uses p1 curl long pimples on the backhand. I also twiddle when necessary to attack and defend.

Tenergy 05 fx is a great rubber for forehand and backhand as it has all the charaestics that a attacking player needs. I like the amount of controlled spin and speed u have when hitting a loop from either side. I feel this is for intermediate to advanced players. I moved from sriver when i first started to nimbus to tenergy and thought this was good as i progressed. I am a division 1 player in the Romford league.

The only slight disadvantage point is the durability. I am trying to keep it as clean as i can to get maximum use.