Sriver

says Where will table tennis be in the future? And what ideas...
says Where will table tennis be in the future? And what ideas...
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
4 out of 5 rating for Sriver

The good old Sriver! This rubber was the most popular rubber when it first came out. The tenergy equivalent going back 15 plus years in the speed glue days.

I would suggest this rubber for a beginner/intermediate player. This is an ideal rubber for the player looking to improve their game and to help develop a good technique whilst still offering a good combination of speed, spin and control.

I find too many players that have not 'ingrained' their technique and who have not been playing long will buy the fastest rubbers like tenergy which slows down their progression in their technique as the rubber is doing all the work. However, sriver is a good choice for the progressive player as it will give you good control whilst allowing you to improve your technique, performance and overall understanding of the game.

Reactions: karibaci
This user has no status.

The rubber is overall very good in terms of all play styles, it is a very good starting rubber for backhand or forehand regardless to help you with the development of strokes and technique. The flicking especially is very good in terms of my experience and provides a good opening to my attack and service receive. Blocking is very good with this rubber as it is controlled.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Read 14 reviews

Sriver is a good rubber for offensive players and was very popular during the speed glue era. It's an offensive rubber for advanced players who prefer control before power, the rubber is not that fast. The rubber is made for the old ball and to get full use of the rubber you should use speed glue. I got some good memories playing with Sriver in my earlier days and it really makes me miss the speed glue era.

This user has no status.

I'm an intermediate player, sriver is excellent ! After testing tenergy and others last generation rubber, I finally ends up with sriver ! Good allround rubber, not as fast or spinny like tensor rubber but has more control, more dwell Time, more controlled shots, less bounciness than tensor ! You have to put your own power to generate the speed and spin, which is good to develop your strengh and techniques.
No boost and speed glue needed.
I pair it with a allround+ blade and I can still play powerful shot far from table

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 11 reviews

This rubber is an all time classic. It is cheap compared to modern rubbers, but still does the job. It won't play like today's rubber, since sriver doesn't use spring sponge, high tension and so on. If you are looking for a rubber that is cheap whilst still having high quality then this is it. This rubber is very good for beginners and allround players, due to its high control and easy to use feeling. Definitely a classic that shouldn't be underestimated.