Calira LT Sound

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
4 out of 5 rating for Calira LT Sound

Calibra LT Sound is soft high speed/high spin rubber suitable for agggressive offensive players who want to be able to both spin the ball and hit it HARD.

It works best on modern composite OFF or higher baldes that are solid, stiff and hopefully heavy.

Calibra Sound has most of the oomph of it brother LT, but the softer sponge allows MUCH better performance on strokes that are not all out or 80% power shots. You can actually make an opening loop and then power loop away to your hearts content. You wont leave the same vapor trail as you do with LT, but the pace is plenty enough. What you get is the ability to easily spin and control the ball way better than LT. Therefore, a balanced offensive player can make good use of this rubber over LT. You will not be able to hit as flat, hit as fast, pulverize the ball on powerloops or smashes, flat flip the ball, nor will you be able to do laundry using Calibra Sound, but you sure will have a lot of control on the setup shots that require a 50% - 70% stroke... You never got that with LT, margin of error was too small.

There are comprimizes on everything, but this one gives you middle control and acceptable top end over LT, which was only a beast in the power hungry strokes.

This rubber is a lot more suitable for more players than LT. You wont get the WOW !!! Blow your mind FH putaways, but you still can finish the point using it. th availability of other stroke effectivnes is well worth the sacrifice in some of the top end speed.

Bananna flips are easier, soft topspin defense, opening topspins, control looping, passing shots, counter-topspins where you are looking for spin with speed level just below super-sonic. If you wanna hear the sonic boom on your power shots, get Calibra LT. If you want to get it by your opponent with a rally and a setup shot or two, get Calibra Sound. You wont get eth super glued up glue sound, but the allround performance is many times better than the harder sponge LT version

This user has no status.

The softest of the Calibras, but don't think it's slow! The rubber feels soft and controlable. By far the easiest to use of the three Calibras. Loops don't carry as much spin as they do with Calibra Spin but the speed is somewhere between Calibra Spin and Calibra LT which is actually quite nice. Blocks and drives are a breeze with this one, great control and a nice punch make it a great rubber for my backhand.

The spin is the weakest point of this rubber, but it's still quite decent. Just keep in mind that you have to dig into the sponge to produce spin with this rubber, unlike Tenergy style rubbers that can produce heavy spin just by lightly grazing the ball.

This user has no status.

The Calibra LT Sound is one of the new generation rubbers which imitates the speed glue effect very good because it is very soft. It is the softest of the Calibra family and is very spin heavy.
The downside is the control especially for slow rallys and returns.
The rubber is very sensitive and do not last very long.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 6 reviews
5 out of 5 rating for Calira LT Sound

I won a couple of Calibra lt sound in a club tournament so i thought i could make a review on them. They feel pretty different from my Tenergys but still plays very good. I loved the high sound and the feel in the rubbers it must be one of the loudest rubber i have played with.

The control was very nice, spin is awesome, and speed is good for an allround to offensive game style. The sponge was very soft, softer then i was used with but i still like the arc i got on the ball. i recommend them to players who prefer soft rubbers. Can anyone answer on the difference between Calibra lt sound and Calibra, is it just the hardness of the sponge?

Reactions: Dan
This user has no status.

I probe this rubber for about two months, the first impression was than this rubber is the most faster that i never had in my hands. For serve is cool but not the best, if you want to use a kill backspin, but when you play with an agressive player, you have a little advantage with your block, because this rubber can reverse the hit with good accuracy.

Sidespin and another hits are stronger, however you have to do all of the hits with perfect technique if you don't want to lose by not forced errors.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
Read 7 reviews

The Calibra LT sound is a great rubber if you like soft sponges. It has a long dwell, but fast catapult feel leaving the bat. Great control and precision to make amazing shots. The spin is awesome, its equally effective in rallies and serves. The defensive side and the short game of the calibra sound isn't the greatest. you gotta stay on offense, the sponge is too soft for me to get good touch in the short game

This user has no status.

I use this rubber on my backhand and these are my thoughts. IT can generate quite a bit of spin on backhand loops. There is enough speed to produce winning shots on backhand or forehand. The durability is not that great due to the fragile sponge. It is great for blocking as you can block quick top spins and place the ball where you want.