Acuda S2

This user has no status.
5 out of 5 rating for Acuda S2

The Acuda S2 is a soft springy tensor rubber that is well suited for the backhand.
The rubber is non tacky with good grip. The only downside I head with it is that it would crack around the edges easily due to hitting the table during play.

It's easy to play slow spiny shots due to the soft sponge but be weary not to hit through the sponge as you will loose control.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2015
Read 2 reviews

Have been using this Acuda 2.0 for a year now, on both my FH and BH (1 ply hinoki blade). This rubber is soft and I can feel the grip every time I loop. Also, I find this rubber not heavy.

Overall, I love the combination of this rubber with my 1 ply hinoki blade. The only shortfall is the top sheet is not durable. I play 2-3 times per week, (6-9 hours). I will change the rubber every 3 months.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 4 reviews

I used this rubber on the backhand side of my Waldner Senso Carbon and I've got to say, the rubber is fantastic!

Blocks and punches are great with the Acuda S2. The speed of the ball projected is fast but not too fast that it's uncontrollable. Touch playing is absolutely great, I can control the ball wherever I want with the Acuda S2 as it has quite a lot of gears, very versatile.

Looping and topspinning is great but not as great as something like Bluefire M1. It doesn't create that good of an arc than for instance, the Bluefire.

Counter-topspinning is quite hard to do as the rubber is quite sensitive to incoming spin. This also means that you have to have a really deep understanding of spin to counter spinny serves.

Despite all of this, you really need to be careful not to hit the edge of the rubber to something like the edge of the table. It can really tear it out piece by piece until the whole outer layer is torn. But the rubber takes a long time to wear off.

However overall, this is one hell of a weapon! Recommended for people who really want power from their shots but still maintaining the ability to control the shots coming in and out in an excellently elegant fashion.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2022
Read 1 reviews
4 out of 5 rating for Acuda S2

Donic Acuda S2 is a excellent rubber for the all-round game. The top sheet is very grippy, which gives you a lot of spin on your shots. However, the sponge is quite hard, so you don't get a lot of power on your shots. The control is excellent, and the spin potential is very good. This rubber is great for players who want a lot of control and spin on their shots, but don't need a lot of power. Overall, the Donic Acuda S2 is a great rubber for the all-round game.