Xiom vega

This user has no status.
What rubbers to Xiom vega pro and Europe resemble the most? T05. genius?

Asking for my brother. He will need new rubbers very soon. He is using Genius on the FH and Nimbus Soft on BH.

He uses a Joola Pantha blade (black) which is why wondering about the Xiom Rubbers as they have a sexy black sponge on both black and red sheets

Thanks

says Table tennis shop: http://www.killypong.be
says Table tennis shop: http://www.killypong.be
Mar 2011
The Xiom Vega Pro / europe is from grip as good or even better then T05 but the speed is little less difference between europe and pro is that europe is softer
Xiom Omega IV pro or europe here the speed is more then the vega grip is little less here same difference between europe and pro is that europe is softer

Xiom rubbers are really quality rubbers !

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2011
vega series are grippy rubbers... something like genius's topsheet. also somewhat similar to what acuda series offers. Omega IVs are the ones that offer speeds and grip comparable to tenergy series. take note that they are not exactly the same... they have characteristics that are a bit common so to say. Hope this helps.

Vega europe are soft rubbers. very good for very had blades. the vega pro series is a little bit more versatile when it comes to blades.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
Can't find a shop in the UK that sells them...

pro on the FH and europe on the backhand is a very good choice indeed.

If we dont have a rubber in a shop in my country they just order a sheet from a factory. So I guess you can just go to your TT shop where you normally go and ask them to order the rubbers. They should do it.
You can always order them from other countries yourself, will cost you more but the xiom rubbers are more than worth it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Well, this post is really old but as I'm using the Vega Pro rubber, I post a review.
First, I saw that you choose the same rubbers like me but changed FH and BH.
Vega Pro is harder than Omega IV Europe. If I block against topspins, it's really easy because you just need to find the angle and the ball goes to the other side. You can play heavy chops and this rubber also allows me to chop like Joo Se Hyuk ;D The topspins close to the table are fast but you can also make spinny and slow ones which are difficult to block.
I can change direction from one moment to an other with and incredible speed without losing control!
This is until now, the best equipment for me :)
If questions there, post them :)

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Vega is unique and not like Tenergy. Similar in that is uses grip and sponge to do its thing, but the dynamics are totally different.

Not surprisingly, many club players use a Korean brand for their rubbers, but not so much for their blades. (Nexy, Xiom, and Dokdo are trying to change all that)

Until recently, Xiom Omega II has been the most popular rubber in Korea. I see player after player still use this rubber. Omega II really sucks when it gets humid in hte summer here. I have seen a few more players convert to Vega, but the usage ratio is still like 4:1 in favor of Omega II. More players in Korea still use Yasaka Extend HS than Vega, but Vega is getting increasingly more frequently used. A year or so ago, I saw Vega maybe once a tourney. Now I see a few players with it. Tenergy is the most popular rubber for the Div 1 and Div 2 athletes.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
You're right, teammates asked me, what I was using. i showed them and said "i like it more thant the tenergy's I had".
my coach played with it and said "damn, why did i spend so much money for my tenergy rubbers?" he bought them 10 days before ^^
I'm setting a trend in my club ;D

Here in Luxembourg, the Div 1 and Div 2 use mostly Tenergy, Acuda and Hurricane (the chinese ;D) The chinese use Hurricane and Acuda S1 ^^