Bluefire M2

says Hi there Tompa8888, Thank you for asking my opinion. It...
says Hi there Tompa8888, Thank you for asking my opinion. It...
Mar 2015
Read 37 reviews
5 out of 5 rating for Bluefire M2

I upgraded from M3 to M2, I have used it on both sides, I also boosted one of them, and used one unboosted too.
There where some comparisons on other sites with T05. Well I only can confirm that the speed is similar, and the spin in loops (counter, openig, normal) are similar too. But I don't personally think that this rubber is a Tenergy substitute.
M2 has a bit lower throw than M3 but still high. It seems to be less springy. Smashes and hits are way better then T05, the rubber feels more controlled because the longer dwell time. This rubber is a very good rubber for attacking game from ALL+-to OFF characteristics. The sheet works well on spin elastic to hard blades. On harder blades it feels a bit more mushy. Boosting this rubber can give more speed, springiness and spin, but out of the package it contains a factory tuning. Also there is a slight loss in control if you boost. The red topsheet is chemically a bit less stable, so after 200 hours the rubber topsheet degrades and dissolves/melts. This process is speeded up by booostering, hand swet and hard repetivite pressures on the same spot of the rubber. The black topsheets last longer. So note that if you boost this rubber and you are a swetty person this rubber will last only 6 months in red colour. Unboosted black rubbers can be with you for 300 hours of play.
On spin elastic blades better for BH, on hard blades both sides.

I used this rubber on a Yinhe Venus 16 (BH), Yinhe Venus 14 (BH), Maze Passion (FH-BH), Timo Boll ALL (FH), Donic Waldner Senso Carbon (FH-BH), Donic Waldner World Champion 89' OFF (FH-BH), the last ony is my currect setup. Also tried it on Butterfly Zhang Yike, Donic Ovtcharov Senso Soft Carbon, Yinhe Venus 13 and Butterfly Schlager precision. After so many blades I can state that this rubber requires a stiff ALL+ or faster blade, or esle it feels hard. The sponge hardness is aroun 44 degrees european, the average weight in max thickness is 0,22 g/mm2 so it is considered medium-heavy like all attacking rubbers, but lighter then Tenergy, Evolution, Rakza (0,24 g/mm2). On spin elastic blades the rubber works fine.

This rubber is an attacking rubber. Donic says it is a bit more direct and smash oriented, (the JP series is more spin oriented), but I found, that the spin capabilities of this rubber is very good. This is my favourite backhand rubber. Anyone who feels this rubber is uncontrollable or too fast, try the slower M3 version, and sharpen stroke techniques.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Read 4 reviews
4 out of 5 rating for Bluefire M2

I'd say these rubbers come as close as you can to the butterfly rubbers. The spin/speed is quite good, they also last quite long, maybe a little too pricey for some but if you want to try out the donic rubbers, try the m1/m2 collection, deuces!

says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
Aug 2013
Read 3 reviews
4 out of 5 rating for Bluefire M2

I have been using Donic Bluefire M2 on my forehand and backhand for last 1 year. Here are my impressions about this product from Donic

Blade(s) used: Tibhar Stratus Powerwood, Donic Waldner Senso Ultra Carbon

Durability: Very good durability, my sheets lasted almost an year! I used to play 4-6 hours per week for 5 months and later I started playing 10 hours in a week. After 8 months, I relglued the rubbers and the life was extended for almost 4 months more. So overall, I am really happy with the life of the rubber.

Speed: I was using Donic JO Platin previously on my forehand and backhand I used to feel that the spin generation by JO Platin rubbers is less as compared to Sonex JP Gold, which I used previously for 8 years. I read very good reviews about Donic Bluefire M2 and was compelled to try it out. I found this rubber having very good speed. Almost too good for my level. I realized that it is very important to select an OFF-/OFF ply for this rubber. Anything higher and control suffers big time. Donic Bluefire M2 offers medium to medium-high arc on first opening loops with very good depth. It is easy to just lift a backspin ball without putting efforts once you control this beauty. However, if you tend to stiff your arms or hold your blade tightly then your strokes will suffer and you will be inconsistent. This rubber rewards active strokes. Even on serve receive, I have to play the ball and just cannot keep the rubber and expect things to happen. Due to high speed, it is important that you move a step or half back after first opening loop. Since due to catapult effect, the follow up topspins are fast, low and very deep. It is easy to make errors on aggressive strokes using this rubber. Blocks with this rubbers are too good as you can keep the ball low, fast and deep in your opponent's court. So as per me, this rubber has a learning curve. How fast you can control it? Well, it totally depends on your level and how you play and how many hours you spend practicing with this rubber.

Spin: I was able to generate very good spin on my serves, push, and topspins. Counterattacks and counterloops are easy, however, it surely requires a skilled hand. Beginners will find this rubber very difficult to use since it reacts to incoming spin, thus making life difficult on passive receives. Opening loops are fairly easy. If you time the ball early then with a short stroke you can generate awesome spin.

Control: Well, this is a subjective aspect. I found this rubber difficult to control initially, when using it on Tibhar Stratus Powerwood. I later moved it to Donic Waldner Senso Ultra Carbon and had better control. But, you must know that I have used Donic Waldner Senso Ultra Carbon for 8 years, may be this is the reason for this observation. If you are ready to invest time, then you will find the experience rewarding and enjoyable.

Weight: It is a heavy rubber, I feel that it is difficult to use this on both forehand and backhand if you don't like heavy setups.

Thank you for reading. Hope this review helps you and you enjoy your game more and more! God bless.

Reactions: Kokain and Dan
This user has no status.

The donic bluefire m2 is a very good rubber. At first when i got the rubber, i had a very hard time to play with it. But when i got use to it, that rubber was a killing one. Spin is incredible, speed is good, not too fast and control and feel was great.

I used it as my FH on a Donic waldner senso ultra carbon and i found the combination was working well. I used the rubber for 6 months and still using it now, durability is very good and still very grippy and slighty tacky topsheet.

This user has no status.
3 out of 5 rating for Bluefire M2

High quality rubber, but didn't suit really well for me. Bluefire M2 is good for players who like to hit the ball with a flatter contact. I found that I was really struggling to play with more spin using this rubber. The speed is good, the arc of the ball is also good. It gives you a long arc of the ball so you can drag the opponent away from the table. I think this rubber suitable for advanced player who like to play from mid-distace players. Serving is not too bad, but i cannot generate a lot of spin on my serve. Looping backspin from both BH and FH is pretty easy because this rubber has a quiet high throw. I think is rubber is excel in counter-hit and blocking department. Blocking a heavy topspin is very effortless. Counter-hitting the ball also easy to do with this rubber.

This user has no status.

This rubber is promoted ad an alternative to the Tenergy series. Well, it's not like Tenergy, its a tensor, but it performs very well.
I find this rubber very fast, its very springy, has a great catapult efect so it's better to have some skills to control this rubber. The sponge is a little fragile, so you have to be carefull when you take out this rubber if you want to use it again, its very porous too. The hardness its nice, the M3 its too soft for me, the M2 sponge its just a little softer than JP2.
The topsheet is very grippy, also fragile, it has kinda mate finish and it looks worn out soon, but it takes more time until its really worn out. The other thing about the topsheet that called my atention is that when i glued it i saw it had like little bubbles inside (just noticeable when looking in detail), i thought i made something wrong when gluing but then i saw others with the same thing (glued by people who has experience), however it doesn't affect the play at all.
It can generate lots of spin and good speed.
The worst part are the serves, due to the springiness its harder to make dead serves, but its still ok.
IMO this is one of the best rubbers outhere for its price.

This user has no status.

I love the Donic Bluefire M2! It is a fantastic, controllable, fast, spinny rubber. Currently, I am playing it on both my forehand and my backhand. I played it non-boosted (right out of the package) and when I saw how easy it is to control, I boosted it for more speed. It plays amazingly when boosted! It has a beautiful "crack" when struck in the sweet spot of my Donic Waldner Senso Carbon blade and is easy for me to place the ball anywhere on the table even at top speeds. I have been playing Tibhar's MX-P rubbers on my Waldner Ultra Senso Carbon and would almost go as far to say that with proper technique, they are almost as fast and even more spinny. I love the super spinny serves that I can get with the M2's! Just amazing. I can absolutely crush people with them. But then again, spinny serves are one of my forte's, the Bluefire's grippy rubber helps out considerably though. I love the M2's so much that I have already ordered the M1's so I can get even more speed and spin going on. Fantastic rubbers! You cannot go wrong with these.