Yasaka Rakza 7

says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
Mar 2011
Read 8 reviews
i wanna try these rubbers anyone wanna give me a review on them? :D Pros? Cons? alternative to tenergy? :

Rakza_mont.jpg

I have never tried out this one, but ive tested the Yasaka Rakza 7 Soft version as a substitute for Tenergy 64. I can honestly say that compared to the Tenergy, the Rakza 7 Soft was a piece og cr*p :( Not powerful at all, almost no speed or catapult. Lots of spin, yes, but without speedglue it was like playing with a newbies racket. Once I tried to glue it, just for fun since I do NOT do that for competition play, it was nice.

So, if you are trying to be a good sportsman playing without glues, you should stick to your Tenergy. Stiga has some nice rubbers that can be used instead that costs less than Tenergy ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
I have both rakza 7 and rakza 7 soft and I think the rakza 7 plays much better than the soft version

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
I´ve ordered Rakza 7 for my forehand and Rakza 7 soft for my backhand. I´m curious how the rubbers will be!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2012
FH :) i underestimate the speed of the 729-5 sometimes .... still gettin used to it...the guys here underestimate the rubbers i got to play cpen...just to make sure ill try the rakza 7...then see if its really worth 3 times the 729-5 lol ...i think this is my secret weapon XD shhh

If rakza 7 can be alternated with 729-5, how about the Rakza 7 Soft alternative to a 729 rubber?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
i would say a close rubber to the soft in 729 is probably focus 3 snipe but dont get me wrong razka 7and rakza7 soft are faster and spinnier than the 729s suggested as alternatives...i play wih both atm and these things are better than tenergy to me...more controlled in short game but when u dig into the sponge and increase ur speed it increase not like tenergy...razka has catapult effect but controlled catapult effect....ive been playin with max sponge and these things are sometimes to fast for me....ive played with tenergy 05,05fx,64,25,25fx...razka 7 play somewhat like 25 and the soft like 64

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
It would be cool if someone who's tried both could do a compared review in this forum

I prefer softer sponged rubbers so can only comment on Tenergy 05FX vs Rakza 7 Soft. But after swapping the 05FX for a sheet of 1.8mm R7S, the following things are apparent.

- R7S definitely has more control than the 05FX. I found it easier to place the ball back on the table and move it around.

- R7S is less sensitive to spin. There were a number of hard fast loops that I blocked back with the R7S that easily went back onto the table, exactly where I placed them. In comparison, doing the same with the 05FX, the ball tends to pop up more and shoot off the end of the table.

- R7S feels softer than the 05FX. The sponge is a little bit softer and this translates to the feeling you get when making contact with the ball. 05FX has a firmer feel and whilst this is nice with certain strokes, it does reduce the consistency I land the ball on the table when the speed of the rally picks up.

- R7S is slower than the 05FX. Percentage wise, I’d say it’s around 10-15% slower, so it’s not a lot, but enough to notice when you hit the ball very hard.

- Both R7S and 05FX seem to produce similar levels of spin. In other words, I didn’t notice having any more or any less spin when playing with the R7S.

- R7S feels quite a bit lighter than 05FX. I need to weigh it, but you could feel that there was a noticeable difference in weight.

Overall I’m really happy with the R7S and would recommend it to anyone who likes softer sponged rubbers and wants it as an alternative to the Tenergy FX series.

This user has no status.
Hi,

I play with both Rakza and Tenergy and have done so for the past year. I use 05-FX on my bh and Rakza 7 (not soft) on fh.
I don't think they are comparable. Rakza 7 is so much faster and uncontrollable on bh. The grip is great on service. Rakza 7 is a light rubber, much lighter than Tenergy.
I'm experimenting on my spare blade to go with chinese rubbers instead of the super fast Rakza. The gears are not there with Rakza.

/Mikael

This user has no status.
I play with Rakza 7 Max on both sides on a Waldner Ultra Senso Carbon and its a very consistent rubber, linear and whatever you give it, it gives back. I tried to use Rakza 7 soft on my BH, but I found that the throw for me was higher even if the rubber was controllable and slower than the regular, so I went back to the regular on my BH. I tried it on my FH, but it didn't have the power of the regular sponge. I usually block on my BH, to setup a BH or FH loop drive or BH punch to end the rally. I am currently 1502 USATT at my club.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2013
I've used rakza 7 soft since they came out. I found that I liked it better than T05FX when you factor in the money too. The throw is definitely lower, I found that it was a bit slower but has more gears and control. Spin is very comparable. I used them both on Primorac and donic epox power all around.

I've also used the 729-5. I used it on a gambler arylate cabon blade which is considerably harder than the other blades but I still felt ithe 729 was harder and faster than the rakza and the T05 and even lower throw. It being on the other blade makes it harder to make a comparison but thats how I think it would perform.

I just started trying the Rakza 9, the 729-5 is closer to the rakza 9 then either rakza 7 or T05.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
I've used rakza 7 soft since they came out. I found that I liked it better than T05FX when you factor in the money too. The throw is definitely lower, I found that it was a bit slower but has more gears and control. Spin is very comparable.

That's exactly what I found.

Hi,

I play with both Rakza and Tenergy and have done so for the past year. I use 05-FX on my bh and Rakza 7 (not soft) on fh.
I don't think they are comparable. Rakza 7 is so much faster and uncontrollable on bh. The grip is great on service. Rakza 7 is a light rubber, much lighter than Tenergy.

05FX and Rakza 7 Soft are comparable but I agree that the regular Rakza version is not comparable. I'd compare that rubber with the regular Tenergy 05.

This user has no status.
So..
Just came back from a 2.5h practice. First time with the rakza 7 and rakza 7 soft, both max, on my Stiga Hybrid Wood.

Played my trusty sparring buddy.
We always play to 21.
We both have our days, no one has the upper hand over the other.
Sort of the same thing as looking at one of Dan's reviews, exept in slowmotion. We are twice the age, twice the size, half the speed and half the stamina.. :)

Today's result: 11 to 3.. (Yey!)

Personal notes I made using my main blade.
R7 and R7s are both slower than the Stiga Boost XT.

They both have better spin and WAY better control than Stiga Boost XT.

On my blade and in my playstyle, the R7 worked best on BH
The R7s worked best on FH.

The R7s is a bit "bouncy", sort of like the Stiga Boost XT. The R7 is not.

They had fairly the same speed today. I may not have put them to full motion tests, so speed is hard to tell apart today.

I wish the R7s was a bit faster. Not much. The R7 is perfect speed for my BH as is.

Will post full reviews in a couple of weeks.

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Nov 2010
This is a matter of preference. I still maintain that there is no force/impulse that you can generate with any Tenergy that you can't generate with a Rakza.

I have tried T05, T25, Rakza 7 soft 1.8mm Rakza 7 1.8,, and Rakza 7 soft max.
I bought these years ago because there are idiots that had opinions without proof. Rakza 7 max is will match T05 on spin but I didn't like the fact that it was so thick. I lost the touch. Rakza 7 soft 1.8 may work for the BH but it is susceptible to bottoming out when blocking a fast loop. That is OK also long as you know. My favorite was Rakza 7 1.8mm on the FH but it would work well on the BH too.. It was faster and spinnier than Mark V. I thought the control and spin was excellent for close to the table play.

I have tried many combinations of paddles and rubbers. I have played my best with Rakza 7 1.8mm with 802 1.5mm on my Samsonov Alpha. I won a lot of points with 3rd ball attack with that combination.

This user has no status.
After a few more days with the R7 and R7s I must say that the speed reduction going from Boost XT has done alot for my game. Its a joy to feel confident in all the shots, not just the heavy hits.
I really like these rubbers. The R7soft could be faster but still, better control and spin helpes me more than speed.
My serve's gone from ok to actually making points right of the serve if I get them right.

I hade (for me) a once in a lifetime short wide serve today land and leave the table about a fists with behind the net.. Sadly, I play a man with baboon arms and cobra speed, he got to it but could not return it. I was actually blown away he got to it so if he had returned the ball, Id still just be standing there with the "birdhouse"-look on my face.. :eek:

The Rakza line will be baught again after these ware out..

says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
... i have this rubbers (7 and 7 soft) on off- allwood blade .
And they are ok (one of the best i have so far) .. very controllable , great blocking and loops . But for me they are boring .... i have made give away to one player from our pub ;-) . Now i`m with DHS TG 2 NEO and rasant beat and this is more fun ... especially Spin , serve , short game with tons of spin are much better . I really enjoy the tg2 .. the beat will be changed (it is to much direct rubber , but better then Rakza 7 soft (for me) ).

Reactions: Liten
This user has no status.
Interesting!
I come from TG2 neo and find the Rakza easier to play. The TG2 neo is very good, but need more effort in just about every stroke. Thats one thing I found suits me better with rakza, the "reload" time is faster due to the built in energy of the sponge.. A boosted TG2 neo on the other hand really pops.. does however require a suitable blade. The TG2 neo worked ok on a stiff blade like the Hybrid wood. The H3 neo did not. H3 neo however worked SUPER on a softer 5 ply all wood blade. Just love the feel! :)

Still, the rakza is all about control and spin for me right now. Speed will have to come from me hitting the gym or overcomsuming some energybar.. :)

Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
Yes i agree .... The TG2 i had glued onto stiff Carbon off+ blade ... and i love the control and feel ... and with off+ blade there is not such much effort needed ... it has the best gears i have tried so far ...
And yes there is perfect feel with the H3 onto all wood blade but one thing is the block.... it is week on all wood blade , but the feel is just perfect ...
But also the rakza 7 is very controllable with less effort in every aspect.... but the feel is boring for me.
In next month i`m going into H8 and Xiom omega V Euro ..... .... still i'm searching for backhand rubber .... for forehand i found this H2 Neo.