Yasaka Rakza 7

This user has no status.
So.. Lend my racket to a co-worker today.. 1 ball! Guess what:

3ed875e75a626f3354c6b5562bab7791.jpg

Is durability an issue with Rakza 7 Soft? Or was I extreamly unlucky??

This user has no status.
I have Rakza 7 soft on my Ma Lin Extra Offensive and I recently put Tenergy o5 on a Hurricane HW-L. I have played more with the Rakza 7 soft and of course the two blades are different but they are similar Off blades so I can give you a brief opinion.

I like the Rakza 7 soft a little better than the Tenergy 05, the Tenergy seemed a little more consistent but that was usually consistently more explosive and thus I lost more off the end of the table. This could be adapted to, and like I said, I have not played with it as much as the R7s. The R7s was easier to loop and I felt it played softer in my hand when I wanted to return serve, push or drop shot. The one thing that amazed me was when I glued the Tenergy onto the bat the sponge seemed so much denser and more uniform.

Now having said all that I also have a Ma Lin Carbon which has Rakza X soft on the forehand and I like that better than either of these two. So if you know any two of these rubbers it might help you see the third in a new light. The RXs plays more consistently than the R7s and has the explosive thrust of the Tenergy (when you hit through the shot) and feels more controllable than the Tenergy (but again I have even more time on the RXs than I do the R7s so take that with a grain of salt). I find I don't loop as well with the RXs either but that may be because it is so easy to smash shots by hitting through them when I would have to loop with other rubbers and blades.

I play tonight at my club and will make a point of using the Tenergy more to see if my opinion will change and I will get back to you.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Well I spent most of Friday night playing with Tenergy 05 on a Hurricane H-WL blade and really got to like it. It is much more like Rakza Xs in my opinion, than it is like R7. That is because I was most effective hitting low arc almost straight shots on the forward side driving them deep and fast with the Tenergy. It was almost natural, something I fell into rather than figured out. I find myself thinking more about placement and looping/guiding the ball with both R7s and even (to a lesser extent) RXs. I do think Tenergy, with its pop, was more difficult to handle spiny serves - which is one way in which I still prefer RXs. R7s feels tackier than both and so is more effected by spin serves, but not a great deal more.

I had felt that the Tenergy just wasn't worth the price bump over RXs but now I am not so sure.

I had Hurricane 3-50 on the back hand with the Tenergy and by the end of the night hated it. I may replace it with a sheet of Sriver or move the Tenergy to a new (possibly slower) more All around bat.

Last edited: