Back to Forum
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. jedimasterplk is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 166 382
    J
    jedimasterplk is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 382 166

    User Info Menu


    Jun 2011
    UK
    382
    166
    1390
    Read 6 Reviews
    #1

    Fantastic Documentary about Waldner, Persson and Appelgren

    Hi everyone, came across this documentary by chance on you tube - its an amazing documentary about how hard the best have to work, and how much of their lives they dedicate to become the best

    The Following 3 Users Like jedimasterplk's Post:

    Raptor, Steven and 1 other


  2. ttmonster is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 4,421 3,681
    T
    ttmonster is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 3,681 4,421
    #2
    This is great !! I wish the subtitles were even better, it sometimes feel that they are saying a lot and the subtitles are saying too little ? Am I right , is there anybody who can confirm this ?

    The Following User Likes ttmonster's Post:

    jedimasterplk


  3. Steven is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 475 1,025
    Steven's Avatar
    Steven is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 1,025 475

    User Info Menu

    #3
    Really enjoyed this. It's time for a new country to really challenge China. But you can see it requires a lot of patience, determination and team spirit.

    The Following 2 Users Like Steven's Post:

    Dan and jedimasterplk


  4. jedimasterplk is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 166 382
    J
    jedimasterplk is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 382 166

    User Info Menu


    Jun 2011
    UK
    382
    166
    1390
    Read 6 Reviews
    #4
    Agree with TTmonster - maybe one of the Forum members can help do a more detailed translation...would be great to understand everything that is being said!

    Quote Originally Posted by ttmonster
    This is great !! I wish the subtitles were even better, it sometimes feel that they are saying a lot and the subtitles are saying too little ? Am I right , is there anybody who can confirm this ?

  5. megabajsaren8 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 2 15
    M
    megabajsaren8 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 15 2
    #5
    well im a swede and this documantary is actually about the match were they beat china and become the mens team worlds champions

  6. Dan is online now
    says TableTennisDaily 2.0 is now live!!!
     
    Administrator 4,182 6,779
    Dan's Avatar
    Dan is online now
    says TableTennisDaily 2.0 is now live!!!
     
    Administrator 6,779 4,182
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven
    Really enjoyed this. It's time for a new country to really challenge China. But you can see it requires a lot of patience, determination and team spirit.
    I agree. My only worry is, is it even possible?

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy

  7. ttmonster is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 4,421 3,681
    T
    ttmonster is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 3,681 4,421
    #7
    he megabajsaren8, nice to know you are swede. Yes we understood that part and I saw almost half of it yesterday , its fun. However, sometimes in some scenes it feels like the subtitles are not complete, can you help , that will be something !
    Quote Originally Posted by megabajsaren8
    well im a swede and this documantary is actually about the match were they beat china and become the mens team worlds champions

  8. ttmonster is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 4,421 3,681
    T
    ttmonster is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 3,681 4,421
    #8
    I am sure its possible Dan. Just that you have to get a set of 8-10 year olds who will have a single minded undying passion for the game for the next 20-30 years and never give it up no matter what happened . I am sure there aren't many who loved the game with such sustained intensity as waldner, persson , applegren and the others. You could see in their eyes that they were ready to die than give up .

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    I agree. My only worry is, is it even possible?

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy

  9. millle398 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 35 27
    M
    millle398 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 27 35
    #9
    Thx 4 posting my translation of the documentary, the thing is that they with diffrent accents. As a example Appelgren says at 54:50 "The joy, thats when we can win together. It's great to win the single title too but the biggest happiness is like when we can win together, we have done something together, we have training together, all those hours on training camps there and we have been fighting sometimes like that eh... And then like, and like then we like go in and like before the match and like and like we are trying to all the other players powers like c,mon like. So there you have the joy" All of theese famous players are known to be saying like in pretty much every sentence. That's why it may feels like they are saying more than the subtitles

    The Following 2 Users Like millle398's Post:

    Raptor and ttmonster


  10. ttmonster is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 4,421 3,681
    T
    ttmonster is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 3,681 4,421
    #10
    First of all I want to say a big thanks from all of us, table tennis junkies. I saw the entire documentary and thoroughly enjoyed it.

    Thanks for the explanation, I had to "like" it. Its kind of funny , I guess similar to contemporary teenage American English its fashionable to say a lot of likes in swedish as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by millle398
    Thx 4 posting my translation of the documentary, the thing is that they with diffrent accents. As a example Appelgren says at 54:50 "The joy, thats when we can win together. It's great to win the single title too but the biggest happiness is like when we can win together, we have done something together, we have training together, all those hours on training camps there and we have been fighting sometimes like that eh... And then like, and like then we like go in and like before the match and like and like we are trying to all the other players powers like c,mon like. So there you have the joy" All of theese famous players are known to be saying like in pretty much every sentence. That's why it may feels like they are saying more than the subtitles

  11. megabajsaren8 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 2 15
    M
    megabajsaren8 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 15 2
    #11
    if its any special part of the film you want translated i will be glad to help
    Last edited by megabajsaren8; 01-23-2014 at 07:38 PM.

  12. M51 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 163 363
    M51's Avatar
    M51 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 363 163
    #12
    Wow, those subtitles are indeed terrible...

    But try watching THIS with English captions on:


    pure gold!

    Name:  Untitled_proc.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  26.0 KB
    Last edited by M51; 01-26-2014 at 07:59 AM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Create a new Topic:
Title is required.