New poly balls are now out on sale!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
Hi TTD peeps!

It seems like the brands Palio and Nittaku have released their poly balls. Has anyone of you tried them yet?

newtabletennisball2014.jpg

Please leave your thoughts about the new poly ball era here:

Palio: http://ttnpp.com/store/home/643-palio-new-seamless-poly-ball.html
Nittaku: http://www.nittaku.com/products/detail/detail.php?id=454

Thanks

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Review Moderator
Jul 2011
Read 7 reviews
The Palio balls were available since around September last year through ebay. I bought a pack and tested them.
It will take some time to get used to these. Biggest difference is the higher bounce and longer trajectory. Especially when in topspin over topspin rallies, the ball really jumps at you and you often hit the ball with the top edge of your blade. Of course there's also the different sound, a bit like a broken ball. Unlike others say I felt like they were pretty strong and I didn't break one either.

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
I have just ordered the new Palio poly ball. Does anyone know if this poly ball by Palio is the final edition that will release for July 2014? Prototypes and everything must now be over?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
I am afraid this seamless Palio balls are not the final product. It is mark as "Commemorate Edition" and no ittf approval. DHS announced their new balls will have seam and play like what we are having now. The new regulation required the use of new material but no restriction on seamless or not. If DHS go with seam then I think they will set the standard. Seamless will play different and more expensive to make. Don't think their production will last long.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
CNT Women B team test the new ball for 2 days in last December. Balls are DHS 40.2mm with seam. Comparing it to the current 39.7mm balls, this 0.5mm does make a difference. The ball is slower and less spin as expected. Also it demand more power from player and not moving forward as much so not good for passive blocking. Bad news is that they break quite easily. Don't know how true it is to the final product but hopefully the new ball will be more durable to keep the cost down.

Attachments

• new ball.jpg
    new ball.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 206
  • new ball 2.jpg
    new ball 2.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
CNT Women B team test the new ball for 2 days in last December. Balls are DHS 42mm with seam. Comparing it to the current 39.7mm balls, this 5mm does make a difference. The ball is slower and less spin as expected. Also it demand more power from player and not so good for passive blocking. Bad news is that they break quite easily. Don't know how true it is to the final product but hopefully the new ball will not be that big and more durable to keep the cost down.
The final product will probably have better quality and will be more durable. I'm wondering why those balls have "+40" on them probably because they are bigger than 40mm. The final product will be a 40 mm ball not a +40 mm ball because the rules of ITTF about size of the balls will be changed, only their material is changing. Of course a 40 mm will be faster and spinier then a +40 mm ball and will more similar to current balls.