Fan Zhendong's Equipment

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
The official TableTennisDaily discussion where we post and talk about Fan Zhendong's equipment. Any changes he has made or any pictures you find, post into here to discuss!

Date: January 2014

Blade: Stiga Infinity VPS V
Forehand Rubber: Hurricane 3
Backhand Rubbers: Tenergy 05

fanzhendongchina.jpg

117694318_11n.365x265.jpg

Any rare pictures or details about Fan Zhendong's equipment post below. I will update this first post with new pics and information when we have some.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
I can't believe how powerful he plays with this Setup :). I thought my technique is good but I feel can't produce half of the FH Power with this setup! Maybe the H3 for the Pro Players are faster. Insane...

It's well known that Chinese players boost their Hurricanes heavily - they also use heavier blades that you normally find in production, so they get maximum power.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I thought that he's blade was a customized one? a BTF Viscaria blade with an Infinity VPS handle... not sure of it but I've just read it with the past few blogs here in TTD. :)

Yeah, he is using Viscaria with Infinity handle.
I don't think anything on FZD is Stiga (his sponsor), not even the glue

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Please do not believe what ads saying. None of chinese player uses stiga blade. Most of cases they are custom blades with sponsor handle.

Lots of Chinese national and provincial are using Stiga blades. In all fairness, Stiga has very good wood blades and is the main blade brand in China.
I just don't understand why Stiga don't make a clone Viscaria for FZD

Slevin, there are a few threads in this forum already, please do a search and you will get the answers you wanted.
One of my answer is rubbers taken off FZD's bat and the blade clearly states Viscaria - from Tokyo WTTTC

Reactions: Suga D
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Yeah, he is using Viscaria with Infinity handle.
I don't think anything on FZD is Stiga (his sponsor), not even the glue

At first I didn't think it was the case but I think Tony may have inside information so, I am just going to trust him on this that FZD is probably using a Viscaria with an Infinity handle.

I thought it would be weird that Stiga would let him do that and that he would want to do that rather than just getting Stiga to make a blade for him that fits his specs. But I think Tony may know something more than we do.

And there are photos of FZD holding a blade with no rubbers on it that has an Infinity handle and the blade face says Butterfly Viscaria. I thought they may be photoshopped but, who knows. If someone really knows FZD or someone he knows and knows FZD is actually using a Viscaria, then I will trust it is possible.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Yes maybe in lower leagues it is possible. I know stiga is popularny in china. But when amateurs turn to pro players most of them have custom blade and they never change it, just the sponsor handle. Of course none of them admit that he has custom blade, because of sponsorship agreement.

Not just lower, my friends in 1st division (jia a) is using Stiga
I know some players in Super and also using Stiga

In fact few of CNT A team players also using Stiga (real ones)

Reactions: Suga D
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
where's the pic plz?

You will have to search the forum. There is another thread on this same subject that has some photos. One thing it does show conclusively, from the photos from matches, what ever blade FZD is using, it is not an Infinity.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
At first I didn't think it was the case but I think Tony may have inside information so, I am just going to trust him on this that FZD is probably using a Viscaria with an Infinity handle.

I thought it would be weird that Stiga would let him do that and that he would want to do that rather than just getting Stiga to make a blade for him that fits his specs. But I think Tony may know something more than we do.

And there are photos of FZD holding a blade with no rubbers on it that has an Infinity handle and the blade face says Butterfly Viscaria. I thought they may be photoshopped but, who knows. If someone really knows FZD or someone he knows and knows FZD is actually using a Viscaria, then I will trust it is possible.

Thanks Carl
Another thing one can look at is just to find FZD hi res pics with rubbers on and see if there is any Stiga writing on the blade surface - just below the rubber.
Sadly - no....

But any ways, whether FZD uses Stiga or not doesn't really matter. It's more the companies who choose to "advertise" totally different that raises an ethical question. Stiga isn't the only company to do such thing.
There is the "marketing" part of this - ie Timo Boll premades, but then there is another saying Player XYZ uses these blades+rubbers.
And even if the players are using such blade and rubbers, the professional range and commericial range is totally different too

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl