Fan Zhendong's Equipment

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
This has been well known in China! See the attached picture.

144730snxincafizatnmn5.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
The pic I shared had FZD's T05 rubber with the same print (stains) on the sponge after just taken off the "stiga" blade lol
one of my contacts still has that rubber, and he was there when FZD took off the rubber from his "stiga" blade.

You know, its nerve breaking to understand how a Butterfly print got onto the "stiga" blade
Must be some Asian Magic....

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
So if I understand this correctly, Stiga and Fan Zhendong are a bunch of bald-faced liars with no qualms about deceiving the public. Just taking this discussion to its logical conclusion. Nothing more.

Yep, and they aren't the only ones.
You really think the Tenergy you have and the Tenergy those Butterfly players have is 100% the same?
This information has been available on forums for a long time, so most "power users" will know that what the pros use is totally different from advertising and commercial versions.

It is your newbies that will get tricked into over spending.
Ie those Timo Boll premade bats.... seriously.. How can Timo Boll even be linked to such entry level equipment.

A ZLC blade with ZJK name on can cost more.
ZJK has nothing to do with that blade, other than just marketing photos.

In some brands like Yasaka, a Ma Lin (named) blade cost the same with any other Yasaka blade.
So I don't see why some brands want to overcharge

Makes you wonder if TT is really about sport or the money

Reactions: Suga D and dirtyD
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
I don't see how the why the deceit is such a big deal. Any decent player wouldn't fall into "if pros use this I should use it"

And if a bad player falls into it, well then that's good, the stiga blade has more control and for a beginner in this instance it was good for them. Newbies chasing after what the pros use can't control the stuff regardless of if its what's advertised or what they use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Yep. A good blade for any player who is lower level than semi-pro doesn't need to cost more than $50.00 and could be had for as little as $16.00 if you were on a budget.

All those blades with player names on them, marketing. Nothing more.

Sent from Inside The Chamber of Secrets by Patronus

Reactions: dirtyD
This user has no status.
Generally, more expensive equipment does play better, due to better material, design, development, etc. Whether they are over priced is a different matter. Whether they are the right fit for you, for your level, or for your expectations.

One could play well with very cheap or cheap equipment, yes. Does that mean the expensive stuff is a bust? No.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
I think this is very obvious. I choose to believe it :). If you choose not to believe it, it is your choice and I will not try to persuade you :).

Reactions: Suga D
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I think this is very obvious. I choose to believe it :). If you choose not to believe it, it is your choice and I will not try to persuade you :).

It may be. It may not be. But, from photos from matches, there is absolutely no doubt that FZD uses a 7 ply blade that has ALC plies. It could be a Viscaria or a TB ALC but there is no doubt it is a blade with a similar construction to one of those. Which means it cannot be a Stiga Infinity. There have also been times when FZD had a snafu with his blade with the Infinity handle and the backup blade he used was a Viscaria.

Then there is the fact that someone on this thread actually knows people who know FZD and know he is using a Viscaria.

So you can choose to believe what you like. But FZD is using a Butterfly blade with a Stiga handle. Which blade is probably best revealed in the fact that, before his contract with Stiga FZD used a Viscaria. And during his contract with Stiga he has used a Viscaria with a Butterfly Viscaria handle in an ITTF tournament when his main racket had a problem.

However, you are free to think, decide and believe whatever you want.

Reactions: Cornel
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Woah, that's some hella mind games. infinity handle, with the words viscaria on the blade face, and the actually being a tb alc. Next thing you know we're going to hear, FZD is using tb alc composition but with an arylate carbon being made by nexy.

When you see the side, it could be any number of ALC blades, all of which are really the same basic ply construction with a different handle.

If someone is assuming that photo of the Viscaria with the infinity handle is fake, and I am not going to try to convince them the photo is real, THEN I HAVE TO CONCEDE THAT a TB ALC, a TB Spirit and a Viscaria cannot be distinguished if you are looking at a photo that shows them from the side with a Stiga handle. So from photos from match play, of the plies of FZD's blade, it could be any of those blades mentioned or any number of others that I didn't list.

But, oh yeah, why am I responding? I forgot that often you don't read fully or get the context of a comment. And that sometimes you like to argue first and read more fully after.

From sources who know FZD IT IS A VISCARIA. But from photos of his blade from the side, taken in international tournaments YOU CANNOT TELL which specific ALC blade it is. EXCEPT OF COURSE IN THE TOURNAMENT I mentioned where FZD USED A VISCARIA WITH A VISCARIA HANDLE.

But who knows, perhaps it is a Nexy blade with Viscaria print and a Stiga handle. I heard tell that Der_Echte uses a Nexy blade with a Tibhar handle.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
Just to show the differences between pro equipment and commercial: I've heard this in a U18 tournament last week, someone's relate, who is also a tt player (pro player) said that to his phone: 'My rubber is damaged, I need a new one...yes, but tell him not to send me a 05, but a 06...yes...if he haven't got one now, send me a 01.'
We know one rubber (e.g: Bluefire M1) and there is at least six pro version of it with different characteristics.

Reactions: dirtyD and Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
When you see the side, it could be any number of ALC blades, all of which are really the same basic ply construction with a different handle.

If someone is assuming that photo of the Viscaria with the infinity handle is fake, and I am not going to try to convince them the photo is real, THEN I HAVE TO CONCEDE THAT a TB ALC, a TB Spirit and a Viscaria cannot be distinguished if you are looking at a photo that shows them from the side with a Stiga handle. So from photos from match play, of the plies of FZD's blade, it could be any of those blades mentioned or any number of others that I didn't list.

But, oh yeah, why am I responding? I forgot that often you don't read fully or get the context of a comment. And that sometimes you like to argue first and read more fully after.

From sources who know FZD IT IS A VISCARIA. But from photos of his blade from the side, taken in international tournaments YOU CANNOT TELL which specific ALC blade it is. EXCEPT OF COURSE IN THE TOURNAMENT I mentioned where FZD USED A VISCARIA WITH A VISCARIA HANDLE.

But who knows, perhaps it is a Nexy blade with Viscaria print and a Stiga handle. I heard tell that Der_Echte uses a Nexy blade with a Tibhar handle.

I read fully. My response was meant to lighten the mood of frustrations people are having with pros faking equipment. I was taking it to another extreme.

Like when playing a brain game and you read your opponents read on you. I was saying that the mind games of hiding their paddles could to even deeper than just the handle to mess with people even more.

I make bad jokes that people can't tell are jokes without my actually being there. Sorry if I came across as taking that part of your comment seriously.

The assumption you made, that I only read that part and responded to that part is a damn good assumption since I do that often. Maybe if I did that less often it would have been more clear I was joking. Again sorry for poor taste :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk