Fan Zhendong's Equipment

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I read fully. My response was meant to lighten the mood of frustrations people are having with pros faking equipment. I was taking it to another extreme.

Like when playing a brain game and you read your opponents read on you. I was saying that the mind games of hiding their paddles could to even deeper than just the handle to mess with people even more.

I make bad jokes that people can't tell are jokes without my actually being there. Sorry if I came across as taking that part of your comment seriously.

The assumption you made, that I only read that part and responded to that part is a damn good assumption since I do that often. Maybe if I did that less often it would have been more clear I was joking. Again sorry for poor taste :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry. My bad. I only realized it could be a joke on editing. Now that I see it was indeed a joke, sorry for not giving you the benefit of the doubt.

Sent from Inside The Chamber of Secrets by Patronus

Reactions: dirtyD
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Maybe Fan Zhendong is using a fake handle. Maybe he isn't. I don't pretend to know one way or the other. Although my preference is to wait and not base judgments on random pictures and internet rumors. Just saying.

There are hundreds of photos over years of his blade from matches where you can see the plies are the plies of a 7 ply ALC blade. This isn't just recent and random speculation.

This user has no status.
Actually, he used to use this...

6c9652ba33de95132fcecd87a35a5b18.jpg

I took possession of that blade after he lost to me in pissing contest... Whoever can write his name faster on the floor won the bet... Now you know...

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Can someone please explain this. Is FZD using the carbonado 190 or is Stiga lying?

It is hard to say. The best evidence is when someone gets a good photo of the blade when he leaves it on the table during a match and you can see the plies clearly.

lemn-stiga-carbonado-190_1709_5_1421074070.jpg

$_1.JPG

Those should not look too similar to a Viscaria even though both are 7 ply. You should be able to tell if it looks more like one than the other.

It is totally possible that he changed. But he has said before that he used Stiga products in advertisements and interviews when he definitely was not. LGL has been in those same ads with him before too. :) So he and LGL have definitely lied before in advertisements and interviews about FZD's equipment.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
Read 3 reviews
It is hard to say. The best evidence is when someone gets a good photo of the blade when he leaves it on the table during a match and you can see the plies clearly.

View attachment 12109

View attachment 12110

Those should not look too similar to a Viscaria even though both are 7 ply. You should be able to tell if it looks more like one than the other.

It is totally possible that he changed. But he has said before that he used Stiga products in advertisements and interviews when he definitely was not. LGL has been in those same ads with him before too. :) So he and LGL have definitely lied before in advertisements and interviews about FZD's equipment.

Want to share some thoughts of mine. In the ad above, Fan Zhendong definitely claims he uses Stiga Infinity but he never says he uses Carbonado. He says he has tested it and lists Carbonado 190 positive features. Thats all. Also in above ad, LGL doesn't say anything about what FZD uses, he simply says Stiga is a the official supplier for CNT and also estimates perhaps 2/3 CNT players using Stiga blade (which I do have doubts about but anyway)

About one year ago (in early 2016) I was lucky to be in the training hall where the 2016 Chinese trials took place (had a friend who was a Sina sport journalist and she managed to get me inside). FZD was standing next to me after his match against Xu Xin and had his bat dangled in front of me as he was talking to a coach after the match. I got a good look at it . The bat had 7 plies, it indeed had a Stiga Infinity handle but you could clearly see blue ALC plies akin to what you see on a Viscaria. I own a Carbonado 145, 2 x Stiga Infinity and Viscaria and I can definitely tell you that it wasn't a Carbonado or Infinity. Of course I can't prove it's a Viscaria but whatever it is, it definitely had blue ALC plies to it and had 7 plies.

Of course that was a year ago and he may have changed although I think it's the same blade as 2016... It's definitely not a Stiga Infinity or Carbonado (which as mentioned above he never said he used anyway).

Want to share some thoughts of mine. In the ad above, Fan Zhendong definitely claims he uses Stiga Infinity but he never says he uses Carbonado. He says he has tested it and lists Carbonado 190 positive features. Thats all. Also in above ad, LGL doesn't say anything about what FZD uses, he simply says Stiga is a the official supplier for CNT and also estimates perhaps 2/3 CNT players using Stiga blade (which I do have doubts about but anyway)

About one year ago (in early 2016) I was lucky to be in the training hall where the 2016 Chinese trials took place (had a friend who was a Sina sport journalist and she managed to get me inside). FZD was standing next to me after his match against Xu Xin and had his bat dangled in front of me as he was talking to a coach after the match. I got a good look at it . The bat had 7 plies, it indeed had a Stiga Infinity handle but you could clearly see blue ALC plies akin to what you see on a Viscaria. I own a Carbonado 145, 2 x Stiga Infinity and Viscaria and I can definitely tell you that it wasn't a Carbonado or Infinity. Of course I can't prove it's a Viscaria but whatever it is, it definitely had blue ALC plies to it and had 7 plies.

Of course that was a year ago and he may have changed although I think it's the same blade as 2016... It's definitely not a Stiga Infinity or Carbonado (which as mentioned above he never said he used anyway).

In the video Liu Guoliang says that as far as he knows FZD id using Carbonado

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
Read 3 reviews
In the video Liu Guoliang says that as far as he knows FZD id using Carbonado

Just re-watched the video, yes LGL does say the above which I missed before when I was posting so thanks for pointing out! FZD says he is using Stiga Infinity in an earlier part of the video and tested Carbonado 145 and 190. By definition they can't both be right unless he is alternating blades which is pretty hard to believe.

The rest is the same as my above post, I don't think FZD or LGL told the truth. In 2016 I think FZD was using a 7 play blade with blue ALC layers. Could it be a Viscaria (seems like a reasonable guess as he was known to use it before and also quite a few other CNT players are openly using it) or a custom blade which no-one knows about?

Reactions: Suga D
Just re-watched the video, yes LGL does say the above which I missed before when I was posting so thanks for pointing out! FZD says he is using Stiga Infinity in an earlier part of the video and tested Carbonado 145 and 190. By definition they can't both be right unless he is alternating blades which is pretty hard to believe.

The rest is the same as my above post, I don't think FZD or LGL told the truth. In 2016 I think FZD was using a 7 play blade with blue ALC layers. Could it be a Viscaria (seems like a reasonable guess as he was known to use it before and also quite a few other CNT players are openly using it) or a custom blade which no-one knows about?

Yeah I believe that FZD uses Viscaria due to the images people have shown. I don't know if they were just cropped or something but then there also is the fact that Zhang Jike uses Viscaria. His style is very similar to FZD's so it seems possible.