Xu Xin's Equipment

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
So funny how you all think Fan Zhendong is using Viscarie with Infinity handles. I think it's much more likely that Stiga is just preparing some customized Infinity handles for him. Stiga has together with Butterfly the best blades in the world, I don't think it would be a problem for them to produce blade which would suit Fan Zhendong's need.

OT, why are you complaining about the price? Much cheaper then all the expensive BTY blades. It's also a blade, you don't have to change blade every year. MUCH cheaper then for example a Tenergy which you have to change every couple of month.

A blade is like a jacket, you can keep it for a couple of years and the monthly cost at the end is quite low.

For sure getting the Xu Xin Edition, don't been this excited for a blade in a long while!

Stiga are sending him and Xu Xin blades, so your theory that they are giving Fan Zhendong customized handles is incorrect

This user has no status.
Fan Zhendong uses a Viscaria with an Infinity VPS handle...

A rather informative post ruined by the last line...

hehe interesting comment. Alas, nothing is 100% perfect.

Of course Fan Zhendong’s blade is not the same as the infinity VPS on the market, just like Wang Liqin’s Clipper wasn’t the same as other clippers on the market (see another post somewhere on the forums). Im not really concerned about exactly what blade or handle Fan Zhendong or Xu Xin are using. I’m just ranting about the fact that Stiga made my favorite player’s blade hella expensive. : ) and I’m trying to point out that people spend so much on trying equipment and so little on staying consistent enough to get used to their blade (and train their technique).
Who knows? Maybe Stiga will later make a Fan Zhendong blade that’s super expensive as well. All about the name brand

Last edited:

JST

This user has no status.

JST

This user has no status.
Nov 2017
Who knows? Maybe Stiga will later make a Fan Zhendong blade that’s super expensive as well. All about the name brand

I do believe they will follow up XX blade story, there is no way they would be marketing just VPS as FZDs blade if they could charge such premium for "real" FZD signature blade. If XX series sells well we can look for similar trick in 2019...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
I do believe they will follow up XX blade story, there is no way they would be marketing just VPS as FZDs blade if they could charge such premium for "real" FZD signature blade. If XX series sells well we can look for similar trick in 2019...

I think the most solid argument that Fan Zhendong is indeed playing with Infinity is the fact that they have not released any other blades with Fan Zhendong's name yet. Not have he changed blade for the last years neither. If he was in fact using another blade than Infinity, I'm pretty sure that STIGA would have released another blade. I think this is the most solid argument/fact that points to the fact that Fan Zhendong is in fact using Infinity (or some kind of customized version of Infinity).

In terms of the XX Edition, the price is quite high, yes. But still cheaper then many BTY blades which the butterfly players are not using. Xu Xin seems to be in fact playing with this blade. In contrast to the 13 different Timo Boll blades BTY have, and their extremely overpriced ZJK blade.

Don't hold your breath for a 2019 Fan Zhendong blade, unless he change blade, which is not likely since he's currently winning almost everything.

JST

This user has no status.

JST

This user has no status.
Nov 2017
I think the most solid argument that Fan Zhendong is indeed playing with Infinity is the fact that they have not released any other blades with Fan Zhendong's name yet.

Sorry to inform you that is obviously nonsense. Just look on any FZD blade's photo on the internet, the structure has nothing to do with Infinity. It has clearly visible blue-white ALC layer under the top ply and it's common consensus he is using Viscaria blade just with Infinity VPS handle to keep his sponsoring obligations (you can even buy such customized Viscaria at ProTT.vip shop in China;)

For more see e.g. this thread: https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/showthread.php?6502-Fan-Zhendong-equipment/page7

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Check out Tabletennis11's comparison of xuxin dynasty and regular dynasty carbon. XX dynasty carbon is lighter weight and thinner? So infact these two blades are not the same?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
The official TableTennisDaily discussion where we post and talk about Xu Xin's equipment. Any changes he has made or any pictures you find, post into here to discuss!

Blade: Stiga Intensity V NCT
FH: TG2 Skyline
BH: Hurricane 3 custom sponge

002564bc674512fe83df09.jpg

1375206_547154892021070_1872803070_n.jpg

Any rare pictures or details about Xu Xin's equipment post below. I will update this first post with new pics and information when we have some.

for last several months, ge changed to a blade called coming soon, which just start to sell in chinese, is called dynasty, basically it is a carbonado. intensity is the blade he used for the longest. and he did switched to hurricane 3 for his backhand already

This user has no status.
Check out Tabletennis11's comparison of xuxin dynasty and regular dynasty carbon. XX dynasty carbon is lighter weight and thinner? So infact these two blades are not the same?

Xu Xin version and the regular version are the same. I emailed TT11 about the blades' weights, they range from 88g to 92g (FL & ST). Sensibly, the heavier blades tend to be a bit thicker too. You can see such variance with any model of blades.

This user has no status.
Finally received my dynasty carbon last week. Mine is 90g and 5.9mm thick. Rough finish, but very well balanced. All in all, this is a very woody feeling blade. I don't feel much carbon at all. It has a lot of power, but is also extremely controllable and responsive in short game. This blade has definitely exceeded my expectations. I thought it would be too fast for me, but it's just right. I needed no adjustment at all.

Reactions: shinshiro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Finally received my dynasty carbon last week. Mine is 90g and 5.9mm thick. Rough finish, but very well balanced. All in all, this is a very woody feeling blade. I don't feel much carbon at all. It has a lot of power, but is also extremely controllable and responsive in short game. This blade has definitely exceeded my expectations. I thought it would be too fast for me, but it's just right. I needed no adjustment at all.
Is it more powerful than your NAC and what do mean by "responsive in short game"?

This user has no status.
Is it more powerful than your NAC and what do mean by "responsive in short game"?

I feel like NAC and dynasty have very similar top speed, but it takes less power to bring out dynasty carbon's top gear. Maybe this is because of dynasty's harder koto top ply. While both NAC and dynasty have very good/clear feeling, dynasty has more tolerance for error in short game. Overall I feel like all type of shots are just slightly easier to execute (in terms of spin and placement) over the table compared to NAC. This is what I mean by more responsive.

Reactions: shinshiro