Xu Xin's Equipment

says Footwork footwork footwork
What are the playing characteristics of his forehand rubber, the TG2, i.e how different is the TG2 from the TG3 and the H3?
What is it about the skyline series that lends well to his playing style, and why is it that he picks skyline while ML, FZD, ZJK use the hurricane series (technical reasons, not personal pref)?
Also, is it confirmed he uses the TG2 and not the TG3?

TG2 compared to H3 is something like: low arc compared, high spin and a bit more feel and control on the softer/passive play. I’m not sure which has higher spin, but my feeling is that TG2 has higher spin potential with harder shots while H3 can be spinnier in the slower stuff (pushes and more passive shots).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: bobpuls and fais
says Footwork footwork footwork
Hurricane 3 with #60 sponge.
Is this the same sponge that's in TinArc or Skyline 3-60?

I use this sponge and it has more of a yellowish orange sponge than the Neo sponge. The Neo sponge is more of a duller orange, almost creme like.

What do you guys think XX BH rubber/sponge really is?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
Xuxin ??? xu__xin__black_ergebnis.jpgxu__xin__red_ergebnis.jpg

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2020
https://www.fotop.net/rxng/cntt?page=3

I managed to stumble across a photo gallery showing the equipment of some Chinese players (and some others). I know this is outdated but I am curious about the blade shape of Xu Xin's Rosewood. I've heard that it's oversized since Xu Xin has big hands. Just curious, but can anyone wonder what the dimensions are of this blade?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012

thanks for the video link. interesting to see. he talk about fake versions, do you know anything about it?

honestly I could only guess. Perhaps in China there are only Chinese versions. Chinese versions are said to be better, so cheaper european version might be more affordable choice. So fake craftmans use this situation.