Xu Xin's Equipment

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Have you guys seen his latest match against Ma Long at the China Super league? He was incredible with this new blade! Anyone got news about it?

Great win by XX against ML!

For some info on his new blade, check TurboZ's post with pictures on this thread from 3 few weeks ago:

"Looks like a new custom blade with N301 top ply and 290 style Stiga handle. Can't see clearly the carbon layer from photo but it [would be] a surprise if he is going back to all wood"

Last edited:
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
You think it's going commercial anytime soon? Or the closest thing would be the H301?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I don't think it's clear yet if or when it's going commercial, and if it is indeed a disguised N301, a N301 clone, or if it's even anything like a N301. He could have gone back to all wood for all we know, although sticking with carbon seems more likely like TurboZ said and given that it's presented to him side by side his previous DHS N301 carbon blade, which was already a recent switch from his longtime Stiga Infinity NCT. This is all very new but he's still using it 3 weeks later so I expect we'll have more info from China soon.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
The blade he is using now seems to be an all wood blade. I remember someone posting some pictures from a training session in the CTTSL.

cache.php

cache.php

Courtesy of MyTT user hanleestra

Attachments

• 4e2442a7d933c8951b66789dda1373f082020038.jpg
    4e2442a7d933c8951b66789dda1373f082020038.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 2,010
Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
The blade he is using now seems to be an all wood blade. I remember someone posting some pictures from a training session in the CTTSL.

cache.php

cache.php

Courtesy of MyTT user hanleestra
Yes I guess so too. In XX's recent games we see shorter trajectory of FH loop and significant improved control of BH. All sounds like a wooden blade. I wonder if it is a thin 7-ply.

Passionate about TT

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
yes. I saw Sanwei makes blades like 7 wood layers+ 6 carbon layers but ittf have information that 85% of blade should be wood. (srr for bad english)

China Federation accept everything except loosing

this is the reason why Ma Te is not playing international games.... he has illegal pips rubber and he doesnt play the same with ittf restrictions.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
yes. I saw Sanwei makes blades like 7 wood layers+ 6 carbon layers but ittf have information that 85% of blade should be wood. (srr for bad english)

China Federation accept everything except loosing

this is the reason why Ma Te is not playing international games.... he has illegal pips rubber and he doesnt play the same with ittf restrictions.

In those blades the carbon layers are extremely thin. I think the idea is to reduce stiffness but keep the gears. The inner carbon layers won’t kick in unless you put a lot of power in it.i

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: thomas.pong