Michael Maze - Road to recovery 2014

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
Hey everyone!

Last month Michael Maze had announced through his Facebook account that he has signed a new contract with Swedish team Eslov Table Tennis for whom he will now play for, for the rest of the season. It seems Michael Maze could be back in no time! The well-known player who previously played for UMMC commented on his fitness after recent injuries, “After my long term hip injury, I am now back to practice. I am training every day which I am really enjoying.”

He has recently been posting videos to his facebook page as seen below:

Michael Maze, "Morgen training- squat last set 100 kg. Getting stronger and stronger .:) good weekend."

Michael Maze, "Training with my new Butterfly robot."

M51

says Poly balls still suck.

M51

Sep 2012
look at the faces they look like brothers!
Nah...

However...

download.jpg

:D

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I think Maze's table tennis chance's of reaching the potential he had before are next to none. He was a good player and he still shows signs of being strong but he's too injury prone.

I wish you were not correct because it would be fun to have a M. Maze at the top of his game in the world rankings again. But, I have a feeling you have hit the nail on the head. I can still root for Maze to pull some upsets though.

This user has no status.
The problem about MM is in my opinion the part in his game where each ball is serious. He got some good serves and returns but everything is like to allround and not serious enough. When i watch a game between Ma Long and Timo Boll, theyre playing their topspins like they allready know the topspin works 100%.
With MM its always like 50:50, if hes not strong enough close to the table he has to play defense. He will never have sucess like before if he doesnt learn how to improve his personal game. Look at Ma Long, FZD, XX, ZJK, Timo Boll and Samsonov. Everybody has their special play style and they stick to it, nobody is leaving the way their playing. MM has a little bit of everything but that just doesnt seem for me good enough. But I really like him so I hope hes trying to improve himself.

M51

M51

Sep 2012
I think Maze's table tennis chance's of reaching the potential he had before are next to none. He was a good player and he still shows signs of being strong but he's too injury prone.
Everyone loves a Cinderella story, though. And Maze is one of the most charismatics players in the world too.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2012
I'm looking forward to seeing Maze in tournaments ripping those crazy sidespin BH like no one else can, with his great great allround game. Makes TT a pleasure to watch. Don't forget he almost claimed the Bronze in 2012 Olympics and wasn't anywhere near his best even then. I have a feeling he has the determination and will to get back into the top Worlds Top 20. Let's see.