Shibaev gone crazy LOL

says http://cinemagr.am/embed/148758536
says http://cinemagr.am/embed/148758536
Feb 2013
Not really. He took it out on a piece of equipment which isn't his property. That'a a pretty serious violation. And it was ugly. He could have just stomped the ball or something. It's what I would have done back in the juvenile days.

View attachment 5466

:D

You don't know what was in his head at that moment, he was really destructed in that moment, so much disapointment, and he couldn't handle that that's why he did this.
This was the most important match for his club and he lost 2 matches which he should win. I am sure he was thinikig about what will other players say, what will coach say, I destroyed everything. Just imagine yourself in that situation, and imagine if you are from Rusia, haha.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
He gets away with these types of behaviour.
He must be a spoiled kid or something like that.

In China, they sent players to do farm work (Chen Qi).
But seems like Mr Anger Management won't even care what comes his way and just do it again.

Its all about education and discipline from a young age.
There is always going to be a winner and a looser, and for these pros, they have image, reputation, and if he is happy to be known as the most unsportmanship player ever, then good luck to him.

What he does is, make the entire match go sour. No hand shake no what so ever.
If it was me, I would be man enough to acknowledge my defeat and take my fustration into the next training and improve!
Taking the fustration on tables, nets is just today. Tomorrow he will start hitting people, or when he is drunk, will really do some serious stuff too....
Obviously he was taught, this kind of behaviour is fine!

Last edited:
Reactions: jedimasterplk

M51

says Poly balls still suck.

M51

says Poly balls still suck.
Sep 2012
Just imagine yourself in that situation,
Dude, I've BEEN in that situation. Recently, in fact. My team lost 4-3 to a weaker side, I lost both of my matches, plus the doubles. My team mates, both of them considerably less skilled than myself, really stepped up, played their best and then some. And there I was, screwing it all up, playing miserably, missing easy shots, my legs barely moving, my hand all stiff... There's nothing worse than that feeling that you've let your teammates down.

Still, I was pretty composed on the outside (most of the time), murmured a swear word or two, and dropped my racquet on the table once (didn't smash it), when I lost a game that was already in the bag for me (I choked, for no apparent reason).

You know what sucks most? When you get off to a bad start, play like crap, bet then you get it together, start playing better, turn the match around, just to start playing like crap again and lose anyway.

and imagine if you are from Rusia, haha.
Sure thing, just let me get my Vodka from the fridge. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: MDanielCRO
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2014
Hi, folks. I'd like to share something with you.
Jun Mizutani witnessed the whole thing and describes this incident in his official blog in Japanese. He says it was something he's "never heard of." Let me share what I read in Japan.

It was so crowded in the arena that day, more than 600 spectators, so humid that the floor was very slippery. Some players fell, even one wounded.
Shibaev seemed frustrated by the humidity which made his blade condition wrong. He missed some easy balls and lost some points.
After losing two games, something happened, something that never happens in Japan. And Shibaev was punished by the judge for breaking the table.
The team lost the match.

Mizutani says he was so ashamed that he would wanted to hide some place himself.
I think this is what most players and fans in Japan would feel.
Shibaev should learn how to cope with his feelings, control his rage. It appears so immature for a professional athlete. For me, it's not masculine, nor exciting at all. It ruins everything.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2014
He actually BROKE the table? How?

When I watched the video closely, I noticed some black pieces coming from the table, when Shibaev did "that."

JM says in his blog that there was an argument over "breaking" the table. Actually, the name plate of a supporting company got broken, not the table. But Shibaev was punished anyway.