Players to Watch

M51

says Poly balls still suck.

M51

says Poly balls still suck.
Sep 2012
When you say you'd like to watch someone, you mean you're looking for someone to look up to? Michael Maze is also left-handed, very offensive, and tends to move away from the table (a lot more than he should). But he's also a lob master, one of the finest out there, maybe even on par with Vladi Samsonov.

I think you'll enjoy this:

Last edited:
Reactions: agold
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2014
Read 6 reviews
Jun Mizutani is another good left hander to watch:

Thanks! His style is a lot like mine!
Hao Shuai is another good lefty.
He is a really good blocker, and offensive. Thanks! I don't like how he says "Cho!" after every point, though. I do it if it was good play, but whenever I play someone like that, I think they aren't nice. It is snotty, even if the person is trying to out-psyche the other player.
This is a match against Michael Maze and is notable for what NOT to do:

This is what I was talking about above! I have watched that video many times :)

Thanks everyone for the help!

Last edited:

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
What about watching coaches during their career?

Good question! Jorg Rosscopf is the current German National Team head coach and is left handed. There are a lot of videos on youtube of him. Here is a tribute video made of his best points.

Another German National Team head coach who is also left handed and now the current head coach of the Werner Schlager Academy Richard Prause. Richard was also a former top player with a spectacular spinny forehand. There is not much on youtube of him, but hes a video of him playing quite recently which I found of him.

Reactions: agold
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2014
Read 6 reviews
Good question! Jorg Rosscopf is the current German National Team head coach and is left handed. There are a lot of videos on youtube of him. Here is a tribute video made of his best points.

Another German National Team head coach who is also left handed and now the current head coach of the Werner Schlager Academy Richard Prause. Richard was also a former top player with a spectacular spinny forehand. There is not much on youtube of him, but hes a video of him playing quite recently which I found of him.

Thank you so much! I am grateful for everyone's help on here.

Reactions: Dan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2014
Read 6 reviews
Wow, surprised no one mentioned one of the best lefties (if not the best) for the past 10 years - Timo Boll

Yes, he is my favorite player (although I am really liking Jun Mizutani now that I am watching him :)), but he changes his grip for forehand and backhand, and he is not much help to me. I used to watch him a lot, and then my coach told me to stop watching him because I was becoming to much like him :). I really love Timo, though, so thanks.

The training video is very helpful.

Last edited: