Xiom Vega, Omega and Sigma

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
From my own personal experience:
1. Vega focuses more on control and spin
2. Sigma is an all-round rubber; does everything well but you'll want to graduate towards omega after you want more power
3. Omega is raw power and speed - requires a better than average skill in table tennis to maximize it

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
One thing I can say, Omega IV, the edges chip without you catching the edge. It does not affect play and it does not matter but they chip. Sigma II, the edges do not chip unless you do something to them. Sigma II is slower than Omega IV but is really good for spin and control. Omega V does not chip either. Omega V has the control of Sigma II and the speed of Omega IV.

Omega IV feels like a step down from Sigma II even though Omega IV is faster. Omega V feels like a step up from Sigma II.

Omega IV: A lot of spin, a lot of speed, the topsheet is really reactive to incoming spin so you have to get used to it a little. The sponge is a little dense and makes it a little harder to feel the ball than with Sigma II or Omega V. But this is an excellent rubber.

Sigma II: A lot of spin, not as much speed, and the topsheet is not reactive to incoming spin so you have a TON of control. The sponge is not as dense as Omega IV so you feel the ball way better and there is much more click sound when you dig into the ball when you loop.

Omega V: Really plays a lot like Sigma II but it is way faster. So the power of the Omega rubbers and the control of the Sigma II. Not responsive to incoming spin but you can generate a lot of spin. The sponge allows you to feel the ball and you get that nice click sound when you dig into the ball on a loop.

Vega: I never really played with it a lot. But it is a good rubber. It is a little toned down from any of the three above. I got a friend to use Vega Europe for her backhand because she had some control issues with the rubber she was using and it helped her backhand improve dramatically. It does not feel like it is that much different in class than the three listed above. But it is more control and more beginner friendly without the higher gears. But I know pro players who use and swear by the Vega Pro and Europe rubbers. :)

This user has no status.
I have tried Omega V Tour. IMO it is a very good rubber for topspins. The quality of the rubber is very nice, very consistent. It is explosive when you want it to be, but when you don't, it is very controllable. The feeling is quite unique, it feels like a Chinese rubber for touch shots like serving very close to Te net, or keeping the ball in the table, but it turns to a tensor when you give effort.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
but so many variations of each one, how can you generalize? Right now there is Vega Tour, Vega Pro, Vega Japan, Vega CHina, Vega Asia, Vega Europe. Before long I suspect there will be Vega Iceland. It would cost a fortune to try them all. Then there are all the greek letters and numbers. And now they have a blade it seems to match each one.

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
but so many variations of each one, how can you generalize? Right now there is Vega Tour, Vega Pro, Vega Japan, Vega CHina, Vega Asia, Vega Europe. Before long I suspect there will be Vega Iceland. It would cost a fortune to try them all. Then there are all the greek letters and numbers. And now they have a blade it seems to match each one.

There is a Vega Tour? Nice! Have you tried that rubber?

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
oops, my bad. Pro, Euro, Elite, China, Asia, and Japan. I knew there were six of them.

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
One thing I can say, Omega IV, the edges chip without you catching the edge. It does not affect play and it does not matter but they chip. Sigma II, the edges do not chip unless you do something to them. Sigma II is slower than Omega IV but is really good for spin and control. Omega V does not chip either. Omega V has the control of Sigma II and the speed of Omega IV.

Omega IV feels like a step down from Sigma II even though Omega IV is faster. Omega V feels like a step up from Sigma II.

Omega IV: A lot of spin, a lot of speed, the topsheet is really reactive to incoming spin so you have to get used to it a little. The sponge is a little dense and makes it a little harder to feel the ball than with Sigma II or Omega V. But this is an excellent rubber.

Sigma II: A lot of spin, not as much speed, and the topsheet is not reactive to incoming spin so you have a TON of control. The sponge is not as dense as Omega IV so you feel the ball way better and there is much more click sound when you dig into the ball when you loop.

Omega V: Really plays a lot like Sigma II but it is way faster. So the power of the Omega rubbers and the control of the Sigma II. Not responsive to incoming spin but you can generate a lot of spin. The sponge allows you to feel the ball and you get that nice click sound when you dig into the ball on a loop.

Vega: I never really played with it a lot. But it is a good rubber. It is a little toned down from any of the three above. I got a friend to use Vega Europe for her backhand because she had some control issues with the rubber she was using and it helped her backhand improve dramatically. It does not feel like it is that much different in class than the three listed above. But it is more control and more beginner friendly without the higher gears. But I know pro players who use and swear by the Vega Pro and Europe rubbers. :)

Which Omega and Sigma did you use?

This user has no status.
Ive tested and played ALL Xiom rubbers and the best rubber of Xiom is the Vega Pro. It combines spin and speed perfectly and makes a ton of fun to play with. Furthermore its completely non bouncy which is imo very important. Fast without being bouncy, perfect rubber. All of the rest just dont keep up with Tenergys or Vega Pro. The soft rubber of Xiom to choose should be Vega Europe, average spin and okay in performance (topspin and open game), but nothing special. But the rest of Xiom is not that good.

Reactions: riemsesy
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2012
Read 1 reviews
Ive tested and played ALL Xiom rubbers and the best rubber of Xiom is the Vega Pro. It combines spin and speed perfectly and makes a ton of fun to play with. Furthermore its completely non bouncy which is imo very important. Fast without being bouncy, perfect rubber. All of the rest just dont keep up with Tenergys or Vega Pro. The soft rubber of Xiom to choose should be Vega Europe, average spin and okay in performance (topspin and open game), but nothing special. But the rest of Xiom is not that good.

If you have tried Omega V Tour, can you explain the difference between Vega Pro and that rubber?